Sharks at the worlds

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Disappointed? If I were a countryman and a fan of Mueller, I would be pleasantly surprised to see him playing even somewhat decent.

Did you watch the Series against Tampa? That wasn't even close from decent. I've seen a lot better from him. I'm surprised they put him back in but they probably had to since pretty much their whole defense is hot garbage.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Did you watch the Series against Tampa? That wasn't even close from decent. I've seen a lot better from him. I'm surprised they put him back in but they probably had to since pretty much their whole defense is hot garbage.

Mueller is horrible...I have no clue how people think he can be an NHL player. He is not an NHL regular.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It’s honestly insane that he plays over Severson. It’s just mind-boggling.

Wait, Severson is the guy he plays over? I thought it was Lovejoy?

I haven’t seen enough of Mueller as a non-Shark to really make a true assessment on his game but from what I have seen, he is basically another Dylan DeMelo - so bad that you know he is very bad just from watching him and it does not matter what the numbers say because he is obviously just bad.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I haven’t seen enough of Mueller as a non-Shark to really make a true assessment on his game but from what I have seen, he is basically another Dylan DeMelo - so bad that you know he is very bad just from watching him and it does not matter what the numbers say because he is obviously just bad.

I don’t know if it’s Severson specifically, I know there were definitely games this season where Severson was a healthy scratch and Mueller played.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Doesn't really matter who they play... They're all bad.
DeMelo was actually one of the better Sharks during playoffs. Mueller isn't quite there yet but he's two years younger and was injured a lot. He has a lot more potential than DeMelo...just gotta get it together and stay healthy. He was playing some good hockey and then lost his spot due to injury. Eventually got it back but never found his game again...it showed against Tampa.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Switzerland just beat Canada, they got completely dominated for the entire game and had 1 shot in the 3rd period, but that shot was the game winner

Mirco Mueller was named one of Switzerland’s best player :laugh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Switzerland just beat Canada, they got completely dominated for the entire game and had 1 shot in the 3rd period, but that shot was the game winner

Mirco Mueller was named one of Switzerland’s best player :laugh:

I don't think that's fair. Kuemper saved Canada in the first 20mins by stopping several breakaways. Meier also had one. Canada was better but Switzerland had the better chances. Could have led by more than 1-0.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Guess this settles that debate. Mueller is better than McDavid. Doug Wilson really screwed up.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Watching Meier in this game tells me that his struggles in the playoffs were primarily due to his poor linemates. He is probably Switzerland’s best forward against an elite Swedish team in a huge gold medal game

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Meier should have had a shootout chance. He played a fantastic game and proved he could score. No clue why the coach decided to dick around with two non-NHLers in the shootout.

Don't think Meier is all that great in shootouts. I'm more upset about the fact that he only played a bit over 16mins. That was dumb. Swiss coaches are clowns. They played the wrong guys and the team was waay too defensive. They knew they weren't gonna win a shootout against the Swedes.

Reactions: Friday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->