Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Martin Jones for 2016 1st and Kuraly; signs for 3 yrs / AAV $3m

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Isn't the nickname for for Martin, Marty? Wouldn't that be the simplest thing to actually say? Joner is bizarre, its not even easy to say...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm either gonna call Martin Jones by Crazy Eyes or Steve cuz he's got a little bit of the Buscemi in those eye.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I'm wondering where the people are who said that his stats were just a product of the Kings' style. Oh wait, those are exactly the people that never saw him play in the first place...

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I'm wondering where the people are who said that his stats were just a product of the Kings' style. Oh wait, those are exactly the people that never saw him play in the first place...

I was a big proponent of Quick before he got the starting position. I kept telling my Kings friends he was going to be a stud, and they didn't believe me. I said the same stuff about Jones, and he was easily my #1 fantasy get this off season, then we got him...

So, long story short, thanks!

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I was a big proponent of Quick before he got the starting position. I kept telling my Kings friends he was going to be a stud, and they didn't believe me. I said the same stuff about Jones, and he was easily my #1 fantasy get this off season, then we got him...

So, long story short, thanks!

don't thank them, thanks Sweeney and the B's! This doesn't happen without them.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
don't thank them, thanks Sweeney and the B's! This doesn't happen without them.

They were still the ones stupid enough to trade him in the first place, I can say thanks for that!

Also, Deano must HATE Sweeney. Probably literally the last team he wanted Jones to end up on, and I"m pretty confident no matter what Sweeney says that was the plan from the start.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
They were still the ones stupid enough to trade him in the first place, I can say thanks for that!

Also, Deano must HATE Sweeney. Probably literally the last team he wanted Jones to end up on, and I"m pretty confident no matter what Sweeney says that was the plan from the start.

After DW talked about how much they wanted a 25 year old with starter talent, I can't help but feel you're right. There are no other 25 year old goalies out there that fit the bill like Jones did. So I'd bet somewhere near the end, DW heard about Lucic to LA and called up Sweeney and was like, "if you can get Martin Jones from them too, we'll give you a first since you're rebuilding" and backstabbing complete.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

This argument has never made sense to me. If that were the case, then wouldn't Quick's save percentage be better?

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
In reality, Irbe was never the sole reason the Sharks won a series either. Someone had to score for him eventually.

Tell that to any Flames' or Wing's fan from the 90's :laugh:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/living/literally-definition/

Now be a man, and accept precisely your fair share of the blame. ;)

I feel quite comfortable saying "literally" in the instance of "Irbe vs the Flames or Wings series' "....

I've been watching playoff hockey for a long time, and there are only a handful of times where a goalie was so much more than just "the difference". Irbe in those series' was two of those times.

Funny thing, Irbe and Weekes tandem was another series that comes to mind when Carolina beat the devils in the Cane's first cup appearance.

It is very rare, but when you watch a series and the far better team loses, not because their goaltending was bad, but because the other teams goalie was just incredible- it leaves you shaking your head and wondering what you just witnessed, and how it was even possible.... and in those times, "literally" is the only term that comes to mind that does the description "justice" :D

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Tell that to any Flames' or Wing's fan from the 90's :laugh:

I feel quite comfortable saying "literally" in the instance of "Irbe vs the Flames or Wings series' "....

I've been watching playoff hockey for a long time, and there are only a handful of times where a goalie was so much more than just "the difference". Irbe in those series' was two of those times.

Funny thing, Irbe and Weekes tandem was another series that comes to mind when Carolina beat the devils in the Cane's first cup appearance.

It is very rare, but when you watch a series and the far better team loses, not because their goaltending was bad, but because the other teams goalie was just incredible- it leaves you shaking your head and wondering what you just witnessed, and how it was even possible.... and in those times, "literally" is the only term that comes to mind that does the description "justice" :D

Unless Irbe literally scores the goals for the team too, he still needed help.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
3 preseason games, 1 goal, 2 shutouts.
3 regular season games, 1 goal, 2 shutouts.

Wow.

7uGNq14.jpg

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
This dude is a shut out machine.

9 Shutouts in just 37 career games. 24% shutout rate haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad