Confirmed with Link: Shane Prince (+ OTT 7th rounder) traded to New York Islanders for a 3rd round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Well in response to your last question.

Why were so many cheering at a guy with 10 points got resigned at 1.5 million?

A guy thats been with the team for over 10 years a guy who had had many 10 goal plus seasons a guy is does tons of work in the community shall i go on.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
There's no operating. No one thinks this guy is a future mega star. Good top 9 forward is my guess. Also superior to Alex chiasson and Chris Neil.

But doesn't play the right side.

I think we're overlooking that. We had Paul, Prince, Dzingel, Puempel.

All LW's who could fit the bottom 6 (especially the more modern-day NHL bottom 6 of grit and scoring upside).

Now I will agree that resigning Neil was dumb, but I dont think that influenced this deal.

Prince wouldn't be taking that 4th line RW spot anyway.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Or maybe its because Prince is a LW and a Chia is a RW ,:shakehead

It was stated before that for the majority of his AHL career, he actually played RW.

Anyhoo, you can maybe argue that Paul has played better in his short time here but that's debatable. Prince has played better than Dzingel though. No doubt.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
A guy thats been with the team for over 10 years a guy who had had many 10 goal plus seasons a guy is does tons of work in the community shall i go on.

No I've read enough. Still want him gone.

Prince is capable of many 10+ goals seasons. And he's also capable of doing nice things for people. Should have signed him long term.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

******** reasoning.

It was an odd contract.

It's very meh in the grand scheme of things because I dont think it influenced this move, but come on you don't keep Neil around because of his work with the Senators Foundation. He can do that if he's retired too (which he will).

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I will say if our big complaint from the trade deadline was we didn't get enough fo a return for our 13th forward, I guess we did alright. :nod:

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
Prince has played plenty of RW in his career. Much more than Dzingel actually , whom you wanted on RW this morning.

A very limited sample, but is it really out of line to say that Dzingle has performed better than Prince given the chance. Devil's in the detials and the guy who's still here is the one who was doing all of those things without the puck that Prince wasn't.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Prince wasn't going to be a top 6 player for us and that's why he was mostly played in the bottom 6. He was decent at producing offense here and there and I think he could've been an ok player down the line but he also wasn't built for our bottom 6. He had a hard time gaining the offensive zone and had a hard time protecting the puck. Paul and Dzingel made him the odd man out.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It was stated before that for the majority of his AHL career, he actually played RW.

Anyhoo, you can maybe argue that Paul has played better in his short time here but that's debatable. Prince has played better than Dzingel though. No doubt.
Prince is a left shot winger .Who has an already weak defensive game ,hense he is playing the left side as most left handed players do

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Prince > Puempel, Dzingel, Paul.
His waiver status and the fact that Cameron is a bad coach are the reasons why he was traded.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
So people are complaining that we didn't keep Prince to play 8 minutes a night as a bottom 6'er for the rest of his career? That's how he becomes a top 6 player, right?

You can't seriously tell me that Prince has more value as a 4th liner to the team than Neil either...

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Prince is a left shot winger .Who has an already weak defensive game ,hense he is playing the left side as most left handed players do

You play way too much NHL16.

You're obsessed with making sure guys are on their strong hand wing.

This is like the 3rd time you've engaged in this argument.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I cannot wait for the post-Boro, post-Cameron era.

You will be waiting awhile I'm afraid.

So they got rid of the better player? Does that really make sense to you? :shakehead

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
******** reasoning.

It was an odd contract.

It's very meh in the grand scheme of things because I dont think it influenced this move, but come on you don't keep Neil around because of his work with the Senators Foundation. He can do that if he's retired too (which he will).

I get where some young fans are coming from maybe they don't see the big picture or care about it but you can't just dump Neil the backlash would have been massive likely bigger then when they traded Fisher.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
But doesn't play the right side.

I think we're overlooking that. We had Paul, Prince, Dzingel, Puempel.

All LW's who could fit the bottom 6 (especially the more modern-day NHL bottom 6 of grit and scoring upside).

Now I will agree that resigning Neil was dumb, but I dont think that influenced this deal.

Prince wouldn't be taking that 4th line RW spot anyway.
Prince was the biggest reason for Neil very very tiny resurgence this year on the fourth line

Whatever he's gone. Not like we won't be drafting another one just like him sooner or later. But still. Would have liked to actually play him maybe raise some value and package him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad