Confirmed with Link: Shane Prince (+ OTT 7th rounder) traded to New York Islanders for a 3rd round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Draft Prince with a 2nd round pick. Watch him develop, possibly even better than expected. Trade him for 3rd round pick.

#AssetManagement

Prince got outplayed by Paul and Dzingel and lost his spot. White, Puempel and McCormick will be fighting for spots next season as well.

Better to trade him now for an asset than have him ride the pine for the rest of the season and potentially lose him on waivers next season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Garrioch said we tried all day to move Wier but found zero interest from other teams.

Unsurprising.

He's bloody awful, such a shame whoever wanted him last year didn't call us back.

I'd take Cowen before I take Weircioch.

I think Weircioch is done in the NHL, he's just not good enough.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Shane sounds hopeful that he'll be given a chance now that he's clear of Cameron.

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
There's a logjam at LW - you have to start clearing some space. Prince never seemed to endear himself to Bryan Murray or Dave Cameron, so hardly surprising to see him gone.

Dzingle and Paul are playing LW better right now (using the good old eye measurement) than Prince showed in his time this season, and both of those guys are natural centres giving them added value to the club moving forward. Doubtful that the club has given up on Puempel contributing in the near-future, so at some point you have to start making the hard choices

Prince didn't have a future here. Getting a third rounder was better than I hoped for.

angrydad

Oct 20, 2011
It's amazing to see people complain about the return of a 13th forward.

perhaps with a little bit of a closer look you would have seen that he could have been more than a 13th forward. That could be why they are complaining about the return.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You can pick up multiple Shane Prince types in the draft.

Not at all angry about this trade.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Don't really see the value, but maybe Prince asked out.

Still he never impressed me at all, so it's not a big loss. Not sure I understand the outrage in here.

He simply was passed on the depth chart.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Prince sounds bummed

"It'll be cool to join a team with maybe a little more opportunity"
Its not a right or easily given ,he needs to remember this.Some players dont get half the shot he was given ,let alone sniff an nhl pay cheque for 40+ games

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
perhaps with a little bit of a closer look you would have seen that he could have been more than a 13th forward. That could be why they are complaining about the return.

You make it sound like he didn't get moved up the lineup.

He did and he didn't do anything.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I've always ranked Prince lower than Puempel and Paul so I don't mind moving him. Dzingel has also surpassed him recently of course. He's a good kid and he's going closer to home where he'll get more opportunity.

I trust our scouting staff to turn that 3rd into something.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It's already been mentioned, but we did get better value for him than Florida got for Pirri, who has played somewhat consistently at an NHL level.

This trade is fine. Doesn't change much.

Honestly, I would have preferred a Pirri for Prince swap.
Feel like sending a 7th along with Prince to get the later of NYI's two 3rd round picks is a bit of an insulting return.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I've always ranked Prince lower than Puempel and Paul so I don't mind moving him. He's a good kid and he's going closer to home where he'll get more opportunity.

I trust our scouting staff to turn that 3rd into something.
Yep didnt work out ,that,s all.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
How about moving Cameron out rather than Prince?
Because I'll say that Prince is the one making Neil look like a guy who is worth 1.5M again.
That's What She Said this Sunday should be interesting as that was their opinion too and they were pretty high on Prince in general..

angrydad

Oct 20, 2011
You make it sound like he didn't get moved up the lineup.

He did and he didn't do anything.

when you are scared to make a play because the coach has a bullseye on you, I would imagine you would be a bit nervous not to blow your opportunity. We saw what he could do at the beginning of the year.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
prince was given a chance and didn't do much

Paul and Dzingel already look better

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
I badly wanted him to succeed, but all I ever saw was a lot of speed followed up by losing the handle on the puck (in areas coaches hate) and being unable to finish.
Tons of speed, no idea what to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA