Confirmed with Link: Shane Prince (+ OTT 7th rounder) traded to New York Islanders for a 3rd round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I liked Prince but Ottawa clearly wasnt the right situation for him to develop. Do the isles have him playing center?

Im happy we got a third for him rather then just losing him to waivers. Maybe we can get a new prince like prospect with it

If the isles do have him playing center imo its a better position for his game then the wing

Besides atm we need to figure out a solution to the defense and Prince imo makes that harder if were trying to develop him

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
We could have made the playoffs and already been up 3-0 if we had only kept Cody Bass and Shane Prince. Thanks Murray :rant::rant: ...:sarcasm:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We could have made the playoffs and already been up 3-0 if we had only kept Cody Bass and Shane Prince. Thanks Murray :rant::rant: ...:sarcasm:

Brian Lee....don't forget Brian Lee :laugh:

Some people on these boards get attached to the most insignificant players

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brian Lee....don't forget Brian Lee :laugh:

Some people on these boards get attached to the most insignificant players
:laugh:Yep and Prince was going to take who,s job here ??.Smith,Hoffy ,Mac,s.Just nonsense really

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
How about Cody Bass in Nashville being a heavy hitter and a huge part of that series - amazing for him, Still only 29 years old

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
lol.....ya'll are crazy. Hell, I barely remember Cody Bass in a Sens jersey. He was in our prospects system, like, forever...wasn't he?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Also NYI won that trade with Prince scoring last night. If our 3rd round pick ever gets to the NHL or plays in the Playoffs it'll be in 5 years, and no one will care

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Also NYI won that trade with Prince scoring last night. If our 3rd round pick ever gets to the NHL or plays in the Playoffs it'll be in 5 years, and no one will care

It's definitely a good idea to write off player-for-pick trades. Alex Auld played 21 games with Dallas in 2009–10, and Ottawa only got some 6th round pick that wasn't particularly likely to ever make the NHL.

Or, hey, remember when Kovalev scored a goal for Pittsburgh in the 2011 playoffs and we only got a conditional 7th? Doesn't look like that one will even pan out a little bit.

I'm guessing your reply will be something along the lines of, those guys were established veterans and Prince is still young and developing. That's a fair point, and obviously it's hard to forecast how a player's career will pan out — positively or otherwise. But writing off a 3rd round pick on the basis that a bottom-six forward that once belonged to us scored a goal in a playoff game is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It's definitely a good idea to write off player-for-pick trades. Alex Auld played 21 games with Dallas in 2009–10, and Ottawa only got some 6th round pick that wasn't particularly likely to ever make the NHL.

Or, hey, remember when Kovalev scored a goal for Pittsburgh in the 2011 playoffs and we only got a conditional 7th? Doesn't look like that one will even pan out a little bit.

I'm guessing your reply will be something along the lines of, those guys were established veterans and Prince is still young and developing. That's a fair point, and obviously it's hard to forecast how a player's career will pan out — positively or otherwise. But writing off a 3rd round pick on the basis that a bottom-six forward that once belonged to us scored a goal in a playoff game is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Okay, get back to me in 2021 and we can decide then

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Ok then whom is he better than in anyone of those other position,s then??

Chiasson and he has more room for growth over chiasson. I'd rather have him over Puempel and Neil. Maybe would have been a better option over Gomez

Like i said though. I think the isles are a better fit for him to develop.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Chiasson and he has more room for growth over chiasson. I'd rather have him over Puempel and Neil. Maybe would have been a better option over Gomez

Like i said though. I think the isles are a better fit for him to develop.
Meh Neil is a good 4th liner,Puemple is kinda like Prince ,however he seems to have a bit more grit to his game that may make him a better candidate for some bottom 6 role .Chiasson should have more or less split time with Neil,So maybe playing his offwing??not so sure ,if it would have been worth the effort tbh ,he didnt do much on his natural side to convince me either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad