Shane Pinto's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
No one will ever know for sure when the Senators were informed about the allegations and the investigation, As I’m sure there are NDAs with everyone involved …. It would not be in the Senators interests to confirm they knew anything before the public was informed.
Lying in a media release would not be a highly morale or ethical action.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Some...But only some for me. If I understand the time line correctly PD put himself in a cap bind prior to learning about the Pinto issue.
And with no LTIR he is still in a cap bind if he wants any roster flexibility like Kleven coming in for an injured Brannstrom for example.

Reactions: Cosmix

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Until Chabot is back, yes
So I am not a capologist by any means but...

They put Chabot on LTIR. That allows them to go over the cap up to his AAV. So, let's say his AAV is 8 and they bring up 2 guys at 1 each. Technically they have 6 AAV in cap space. That is unused.

My question is....does that accumulate as you roll forward? Is the unused space creating cap room?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

They put Chabot on LTIR. That allows them to go over the cap up to his AAV. So, let's say his AAV is 8 and they bring up 2 guys at 1 each. Technically they have 6 AAV in cap space. That is unused.

My question is....does that accumulate as you roll forward? Is the unused space creating cap room?

LTIR provides cap relief for the time the player is on LTIR, the player doesn't come off the cap, you just get a pool of cap relief that can be used while the player is on LTIR, it's use it or lose it.

Technically it makes things a bit tighter for us once Chabot comes off LTIR, because without LTIR, we were accumulating unused cap space, albeit not much since we were so tight to the cap. When we placed Chabot in LTIR, that accumulation halts, and instead of drawing against it when we call someone up, we draw from the relief fund. So we'll lose the prorated accumulation of 4 weeks of 120k in capspace.

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
LTIR provides cap relief for the time the player is on LTIR, the player doesn't come off the cap, you just get a pool of cap relief that can be used while the player is on LTIR, it's use it or lose it.

Technically it makes things a bit tighter for us once Chabot comes off LTIR, because without LTIR, we were accumulating unused cap space, albeit not much since we were so tight to the cap. When we placed Chabot in LTIR, that accumulation halts, and instead of drawing against it when we call someone up, we draw from the relief fund. So we'll lose the prorated accumulation of 4 weeks of 120k in capspace.
Capfriendly shows us having 5.99M of cap space. The reason for that is Chabot at 8 is being replaced by a couple of low end contracts.

Eventually Chabot comes off LTIR and we've got to make a move.

But, the 5.99 that capfriendly says we have should accumulate should it not?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Capfriendly shows us having 5.99M of cap space. The reason for that is Chabot at 8 is being replaced by a couple of low end contracts.

Eventually Chabot comes off LTIR and we've got to make a move.

But, the 5.99 that capfriendly says we have should accumulate should it not?
No, when you put someone on LTIR, your cap is essentially frozen.

A new number, the ACSL is set, this number is essentially your cap hit prior to putting someone on LTIR. The only way to accumulate cap space is to fall below that number.

The LTIR relief is a separate pool of funds which is then used for any callups while the player is on LTIR (assuming you are still at the ACLS). Once the player comes off LTIR, the cap relief pool is no longer available.

So what you see on cap friendly right now is our LTIR pool, when Chabot comes off LTIR, it disappears and we are back to 120k in space, or whatever it was

Reactions: thinkwild

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
No, when you put someone on LTIR, your cap is essentially frozen.

A new number, the ACSL is set, this number is essentially your cap hit prior to putting someone on LTIR. The only way to accumulate cap space is to fall below that number.

The LTIR relief is a separate pool of funds which is then used for any callups while the player is on LTIR (assuming you are still at the ACLS). Once the player comes off LTIR, the cap relief pool is no longer available.

So what you see on cap friendly right now is our LTIR pool, when Chabot comes off LTIR, it disappears and we are back to 120k in space, or whatever it was
Ok

What's ACSL?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok

What's ACSL?
Accruable cap space limit.

Spend above it, you eat into LTIR relief pools, spend below it (for example if you make atrade after putting someone on LTIR) and you start accumulating cap space.

Think of it as a new personalized cap for teams with a player on LTIR. The only difference being they can use the LTIR relief pool to exceed the ACLS

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Martian having another bad week, I see, Pinto never got traded to Vegas, PD never got fired. Instead of the streets, maybe should start listening to clouds.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Martian having another bad week, I see, Pinto never got traded to Vegas, PD never got fired. Instead of the streets, maybe should start listening to clouds.
Pinto to Vegas? Never saw that one... Definitely a miss if he claimed that was happening.

The Dadonov thing seems to be picking up, I can't see Dorion surviving if we lose a 1st Rd pick because of that.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Pinto to Vegas? Never saw that one... Definitely a miss if he claimed that was happening.

The Dadonov thing seems to be picking up, I can't see Dorion surviving if we lose a 1st Rd pick because of that.

Pinto to Vegas was a joke he made.

Martian is 1-1 right now and looking like it’s gonna be 2-1 soon.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Now that they have put Chabot on LTIR this gets them out of this bind, doesn't it?

Until Chabot is back, yes
Ya, Chabot will be back presumably (from what we know) by Jan.21st, so there will still need to be enough cap space around that date to insert Pinto and whatever his cap hit will be.

If Pinto gets a contract that is equivalent to the QO (per speculation), the Senators will need about $437K of cap space to insert Pinto into the roster around or on Jan.21st.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Ya, Chabot will be back presumably (from what we know) by Jan.21st, so there will still need to be enough cap space around that date to insert Pinto and whatever his cap hit will be.

If Pinto gets a contract that is equivalent to the QO (per speculation), the Senators will need about $437K of cap space to insert Pinto into the roster around or on Jan.21st.
Isn't that amount easily obtained by sending down the player that Pinto will replace on the roster?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Isn't that amount easily obtained by sending down the player that Pinto will replace on the roster?
Probably yes. They'll probably send down/waive a player on the roster to Belleville I'd assume.

CapFriendly have JBD, Mantipalo, and Kleven list as "Emergency Loan". So, if our regular defenders are healthy again at that time (Jan.21 approx), those 3 defenders would already be back in Belleville presumably. So, then I'd guess it would be maybe one of our 4th line forwards?

Reactions: DrEasy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Probably yes. They'll probably send down/waive a player on the roster to Belleville I'd assume.

CapFriendly have JBD, Mantipalo, and Kleven list as "Emergency Loan". So, if our regular defenders are healthy again at that time (Jan.21 approx), those 3 defenders would already be back in Belleville presumably. So, then I'd guess it would be maybe one of our 4th line forwards?
Pinto likely plays a couple of games in Belleville first, on a conditioning stint

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Pinto to Vegas was a joke. Suspended for gambling....Vegas....I'll let you connect the dots.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Now that they have put Chabot on LTIR this gets them out of this bind, doesn't it?
Temporarily yes. I did say "with no LTIR".

no

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
One was a joke about gambling, the other is likely to happen, Friedman dove into that as well.

And he got the Pinto and gambling days before.

Martian has been pretty much batting 100% the week, it’s been a good one for him.

Really not a fan, but he’s been on point this week.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
With no threat of offer sheets, no possibility for arbitration and no cap space, he'll get a one year deal around $1M.

I'd just like to point out that with him signing a league minimum contract for the year, I was likely the closest to predicting his contract in this thread.

Spare me your excuses, haters. I was right and you were wrong. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad