Prospect Info: Shakir Mukhamadullin (#20 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
How will this kid ever make the big club? With Siegs, Hughes, Graves and Bahl, he has literally no shot. A trade chip in the future perhaps?
I don't know how you people waste your time on prospects that will likely never make the big club.

Graves? Bahl? lol

I mean, not everyone works out, there are injuries, trades, etc. Or just track his progress for the possibility of being a trade chip.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
How will this kid ever make the big club? With Siegs, Hughes, Graves and Bahl, he has literally no shot. A trade chip in the future perhaps?
I don't know how you people waste your time on prospects that will likely never make the big club.
Dunking on Barabosha

Do you do anything other then complain about what other fans are choosing to do?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Because he has the ability to be better than Graves and Bahl?
This . No one is ever a finished product. Players development at different rates and take different paths . People get to like certain players and cheer for them to “make it “ . It’s called being a fan and being a fan is not just limited to NHL players .
Also , Mukhamadoulin is a very good prospect and was /is considered to be better than Bahl / Okhotiuk etc . Maybe he is or maybe he isn’t better at this exact point in time but it’s wrong to say those players are going to be good enough for Muk to never have a chance . Maybe he can make one or more of the other prospects expendable .
I don’t get why someone would crap on a young kid like that AND not cheer for someone that can help the team you cheer for ? The better he was s the better the Devils are . Even if he doesn’t make it , wouldn’t you want to cheer for him ti be good so we can then trade him for something good ? That’s worse case .

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This . No one is ever a finished product. Players development at different rates and take different paths . People get to like certain players and cheer for them to “make it “ . It’s called being a fan and being a fan is not just limited to NHL players .
Also , Mukhamadoulin is a very good prospect and was /is considered to be better than Bahl / Okhotiuk etc . Maybe he is or maybe he isn’t better at this exact point in time but it’s wrong to say those players are going to be good enough for Muk to never have a chance . Maybe he can make one or more of the other prospects expendable .
I don’t get why someone would crap on a young kid like that AND not cheer for someone that can help the team you cheer for ? The better he was s the better the Devils are . Even if he doesn’t make it , wouldn’t you want to cheer for him ti be good so we can then trade him for something good ? That’s worse case .
The "why do you care about prospects" is one of the stranger things I've read about on this board and that's saying something. Like really strange tbh.

Edited because I want to be in M3S' good graces.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xirik and Forge

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The "why do you care about prospects" is one of the dumber things I've read about on this board and that's saying something. Like really stupid tbh.
Everyone expresses themselves differently and some don't do it well in written form. My impression is that the poster meant NJ needs more prospects at Center and they have been fortunate to have so many start to develop on defense that we have an embarrassment of riches there and he/she isn't so worried about the guys not on the radar screen. Some folks just need a bit of help. As for stupid, maybe calling out fellow posters like that should be limited to that escaped lunatic who constantly posts about Lovejoy. Save your insults for the people who truly should be locked away from society for the betterment of all.

Reactions: Guadana

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Everyone expresses themselves differently and some don't do it well in written form. My impression is that the poster meant NJ needs more prospects at Center and they have been fortunate to have so many start to develop on defense that we have an embarrassment of riches there and he/she isn't so worried about the guys not on the radar screen. Some folks just need a bit of help. As for stupid, maybe calling out fellow posters like that should be limited to that escaped lunatic who constantly posts about Lovejoy. Save your insults for the people who truly should be locked away from society for the betterment of all.
Lovejoy is a national treasure, how dare you!

Reactions: My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I'm confident Luke Hughes and Jonas Siegenthaler will be big cogs in the Devils future at LD, but beyond that there is some uncertainty.

Graves is in the last year of his contract. Kevin Bahl has yet to establish himself in the NHL, nor has he really separated himself from Okhotyuk. Personally, I think both players will be very solid NHL bottom-4 defensemen, but maybe not in New Jersey. A big reason for this is that Shakir Mukhamadullin has more upside than either of them.

It is always important to keep a strong prospect pipeline, to supplement your NHL roster in case of injury and also, if you're a contender, in the trade market. Did we think Fabian Zetterlund would be in a top 6 role this year? No, but Palat's injury has made Zetterlund quite valuable. Do we really think all 6 of our starting D will be healthy for the next 70 games? It's unlikely, so there's a good chance the Devils are going to need to deploy Bahl, or Okhotyuk, or both.

that insult on sti was just waiting to happen. :naughty:

no one here wastes more time than him on prospects, who never play in the nhl.
I've wasted my time on worse.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I'm confident Luke Hughes and Jonas Siegenthaler will be big cogs in the Devils future at LD, but beyond that there is some uncertainty.

Graves is in the last year of his contract. Kevin Bahl has yet to establish himself in the NHL, nor has he really separated himself from Okhotyuk. Personally, I think both players will be very solid NHL bottom-4 defensemen, but maybe not in New Jersey. A big reason for this is that Shakir Mukhamadullin has more upside than either of them.

It is always important to keep a strong prospect pipeline, to supplement your NHL roster in case of injury and also, if you're a contender, in the trade market. Did we think Fabian Zetterlund would be in a top 6 role this year? No, but Palat's injury has made Zetterlund quite valuable. Do we really think all 6 of our starting D will be healthy for the next 70 games? It's unlikely, so there's a good chance the Devils are going to need to deploy Bahl, or Okhotyuk, or both.

I've wasted my time on worse.
Do you or have you ever coached?

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Do you or have you ever coached?
Not at any high level. I did coach the Fair Lawn team in the National Street Hockey Championship tournament in Leominister, Massachusetts for two straight years. I also played in that tournament a couple times when I was in high school. But I'm originally from the Bronx and did not learn to skate until I'd moved to NJ and was 12/13 or so, so I was always behind the 8-ball skating-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad