Prospect Info: Shakir Mukhamadullin (#20 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
He didn`t. We have 3 picks in the night. He didn`t make a pause when he could. And they didn`t focused on Schneider, they focused on Amirov. And Shakir was his partner. And Schneider isn`t typical Fitz defenseman. May be they had him over Shakir in their list, but there were clearly no alarms and no surpises.

I was not excited in the moment. I liked Peterka and Khusnitdinov. But this feeling left me quickly. After the draft they played on euro adult tourney and on junior tourney , where Shakir clearly looked good and looked better than Broberg.

Yeah I never get too high or low anymore during the draft since I tend to like to see what a player does in his D+1 before I completely shit or ride off a player. He's done fine imo since his draft year unlike a guy like Chase Stillman (god still hate it)

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Ahh, but he DID make a pause... Right before he tried to pronounce Mukhamadulin's name...

"The Devil's select, Shakir..."

*Pause*
*Deep breath*

"Mukhamadulin"
Gut feeling of shitstorm? =-D

Yeah I never get too high or low anymore during the draft since I tend to like to see what a player does in his D+1 before I completely shit or ride off a player. He's done fine imo since his draft year unlike a guy like Chase Stillman (god still hate it)
Didn`t like Stillman at all. And didn`t understand the pick. Like I said many times - OHL scout, who promoted him(and Mcleod) was fired. Fitz cleraly didn`t know about him and was surprised when people asked him about dannish league. And I think it`s ok, it`s late rounder, it is his work to hire professional scouts to scout. We have example of Vancouver, where GM was not excited about draft picks(who succeed) and fired his scout, who makes Minnesota WIld number 1 prospcet pool in eyes of Wheeler. May be our prospect pool is better, it doesn`t matter, Wild made good work with their drafting and trading for prospects without high picks. I think you should trust your scouts, and if their job isn`t good - you fire them. Just for example it may not count only by picks, scouts can promote some players over some players, and if after few years you that your scout often right or wrong - you are making decisions about them. I like decision about our ex OHL scout(I don`t exactly remember if he was OHL scout only or CHL scout overall. it will effect on Ty Smith pick too), I don`t like decision of our ex OHL scout.
Anyway we have a chance to have everything we wanted from Stillman in Bardakov.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I`m workin on big video of Bardakov and I`m watching Nikishin closely too. And I have some words about comparing him and Shakir. I will make my preliminary conclusions about how Shakir looks against Nikishin when I will end Bardakov review.

That's definitely the soft giveaway that Mukhamadullin would have been roasted for. Honestly, I think the overwhelming majority of fans in the west just see his stats without any idea of how he plays. I'm skeptical that any Carolina fan is doing the homework and posting the breakdowns the way you have for us.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
That's definitely the soft giveaway that Mukhamadullin would have been roasted for. Honestly, I think the overwhelming majority of fans in the west just see his stats without any idea of how he plays. I'm skeptical that any Carolina fan is doing the homework and posting the breakdowns the way you have for us.
We should notice that SKA is more productive team than Salavat. Again I`m not tellin that Shakir is better. But we have the right to compare them for now. And I think both are great young prospects. But the narrative in the spirit - this player is completely good, but this one is completely not - is false.
Сarolina would be a good team to make content for them, but you know what? I don`t root for hurricanes. But their prospect pool is good I should admit.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Would not trade Muk....Center of a Meier package should be Holtz....I'm fine if we wait....I don't believe Canes are as deep in it ....I think we are really the only team in it for real...Could be wrong but I think we got lucky on Johnny Hockey for a reason and I also see advantage to continue to be patient and see what we have in Holtz too....

Facts, but now I’m leaning towards dealing Seamus over Muk. I dunno. A lot to process
I agree I would deal Casey b4 Muk....But I see them wanting Muk...They are going to try and drag us through the coals.....Can't blame them but doesn't mean we should pay it.....

Reactions: Clam Jensen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad