Prospect Info: Shakir Mukhamadullin (#20 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Russian teams are normally patient with their young defenceman, and it is rare to see an NHL draft-eligible defenceman, especially one in his 17-year-old season get much ice time in the KHL. While Shakir Mukhamadullin did not play big minutes for Salavat Yulayev in the KHL, the very fact he got 27 games and two playoff games is impressive. He put up two points in that time. Mukhamadullin was also part of their squad at the Spengler Cup. In addition, he played 1 game in the VHL, Russia’s second-highest men’s League. Mukhamadullin did most of his damage in the MHL though, the Russian Under-20 league. In 13 games he scored two goals and eight assists for 10 points.

Mukhamadullin has also thrived on the international stage. He was part of the Russian team at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, winning gold. He was also part of the gold medal-winning team at the 2019 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, and the silver medal-winning team at the 2019 IIHF Under 18 World Championship. Mukhamadullin scored the game-winning goal, in double overtime, giving Russia their first-ever tournament win at the 2019 World Junior A Challenge.

Shakir Mukhamadullin Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #29

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
with names like perrault, lapierre, gunler, etc on the board.. not feeling this one at all

Reactions: glenwo2

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Really not a terrible pick, albeit a slight reach. 6'4" smooth skating defenseman who has started off the season absolutely great in the KHL. In terms of upside, I'd argue he is right below Sanderson and Drysdale. Sure, there are some other interesting names, but this kid is good. Don't let his position fool you, this kid is a player.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
This is NOT good value. I wonder if Schneider was their target and the Rangers ruined that. With the exception of the Mercer pick, I’m not particularly happy with what the Devils have done here. Hope I’m wrong...

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Doing a little quick reading, does sound like this guy at least has the tools for some upside, so even if it's a reach maybe there's something there. On the face of it feels like another Ohotyuk type pick, but I guess we'll have to see.

Reactions: My3Sons

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think this was kind of a reach, and they could have taken the Flames' approach and picked up a few extra lottery picks, but this guy is a solid pick, imo. LOTS of tools. He's not on media lists because he's underscouted and small sample size in the KHL. I think you might be very happy with this guy.
The danger is if it doesn't work, you end up with egg on your face after thinking you were the smartest person in the room, but I think he's a decent pick for where you're at.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad