Rumor: Seth Jones’s camp allowed to negotiate with teams to speed up a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't know what Jarmo/Bowman are thinking and I don't know if it makes it more or less palatable. But I know id be willing to make the pick either 22/23 first as well and maybe some some cap if needed to get Boqvist and Reichel.

The jackets can afford it, but if the Hawks think they'll be picking in the top 10 for the next few seasons I would understand why they wouldn't want to do that.

Given the history of Jarmo and Bowman in trades, I could see CBJ coming out on top.

That’s very gracious.

Reactions: thesaadfather

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yeah I guess I have to walk back some of my comments. If that is what Ristolainen fetches with 1 year left, Jones is going to get more than I thought.
I don't think Bowman is nuts enough to move Dach or DeBrincat but if multiple GMs are willing to offer 1sts++ for Ristolainen, Jarmo will get a haul as well most likely.

Boqvist+ Reichel + #12 is probably not out of the question.

Really looks like GMs do not value those '21 1st rounders all that much and I thought that would be a potential headliner of a Jones deal.
no interest in Jones at that cost, its not like the hawks are close to contending and this will set the franchise back years...

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yikes that is an awful take. Jones is a much better player than debrincat and one down year isnt going to change that.
It's not who is better, because you can't really compare a F to a Dman. Debrincat has much more value right now, as he is signed for longer, and is younger.

Debrincat is a 40G two way forward. He is worth more than Jones. And Jones has had more than 1 down year.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I hear Flyers are all in on this - 1st rounders in 2022, 2023, Sanheim, Frost, Provorov, and Couturier. Fletcher showing off mad skills this year!
:laugh: In all seriousness, using the Risto trade as a barometer, could you imagine what Fletcher would put down to get Jones?

It would be like a Flyers do-over for Shea Weber, nine years later. "Bring me the best Dman on the market, money is no object!"

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Jackets fans talking up Seth Jones as if it’s still 2017 lol…

He’s not nearly as valuable or coveted as he was 3-4 years ago.

I’d much rather sign Hamilton and not trade away assets.

He was damn good in the bubble. I know you don't watch him and are just parroting everybody else, but I felt like it should be said.

Jones had one down year. Let's stop pretending it was longer.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
I'm a Chicago fan and I'm all aboard the rebuild train (and not detailing it too soon....). Thus, I'm pretty apprehensive about the potential acquisition cost.

That being said his metrics from last year can probably be thrown out. CBJ was awful, and Jones seeing all their top players demand out/leave in FA probably didn't help his desire to give it his all this last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if that sentiment percolated throughout the CBJ lineup.

If we do trade for him I'm confident we will get a player much better than his numbers the last two seasons suggest.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jackets fans talking up Seth Jones as if it’s still 2017 lol…

He’s not nearly as valuable or coveted as he was 3-4 years ago.

I’d much rather sign Hamilton and not trade away assets.

Not nearly as coveted on twitter, yes.

Jones rep has probably if anything grown among GMs. He has been a monster in the playoffs.

And who knows what their internal analytics looks like. One flukey thing I noticed recently - Jones poor xGs entirely disappear if you look at his ice time when Laine is on the bench. I think that is the sort of thing full time team analysts look into. They're not just running with the twitter narrative.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Even after what Ristolainen returned? 2 of above should be fair value based on all the craziness happening right now.

If I’m in Bowman’s shoes, I’m not going to pay through the nose just because another team made a bad trade. I like Jones, but he’s not going to turn us into a winner, and we have no business mortgaging the future for a run at mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad