Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ Wings, Wed 7pm

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The team started the season pretty well, but seemed to fall apart for the season, imo, in the first game against the Wings the moment Greig was called for roughing on DeBrincat. Sure, they beat the Wings in OT in Sweden. But they squandered a 4-goal lead held at the game's half-way point, only saved by Stutzle's baseball goal. It was a DJ win. They seemed to play rattled after the physical play was penalized, and only came through by the skin of their teeth with a fantastical play.

They can exercise some demons with a solid, stingy, physical game against the Wings.

Reactions: chipsens and LiseL

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Biggest change in Ottawa obviously Martin’s changes and systems on the ice

Most important change is in Leadership. Under DJ it was ‘Tkachuk as the general and everyone else falling in line. Mark Messier style leadership which isn’t real leadership” into under Martin we see leadership from Greig, Kelly, Giroux, Timmy has really stepped up, Sanderson has gone to another level.
Good for the team. When Martin spoke about Yzerman changing his game a big component of Yzerman winning was having so becoming a atter leader and accepting many leaders in the dressing room - Zetterburg, Shannahan, Lidstron, Datsuyk, Draper, Maltby. Ottawa should move to this model of leadership where everyone is equally responsible in Their rolls and not looking to #7 for inspiration, when to rage and when to give up and get even.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Trying to create hype.
Sens can't afford to get thrown off their game in to the sea of emotion. Stick to the program .. Grind them ..Focus on defense first... and come out with a win.

Last edited:

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
The team started the season pretty well, but seemed to fall apart for the season, imo, in the first game against the Wings the moment Greig was called for roughing on DeBrincat. Sure, they beat the Wings in OT in Sweden. But they squandered a 4-goal lead held at the game's half-way point, only saved by Stutzle's baseball goal. It was a DJ win. They seemed to play rattled after the physical play was penalized, and only came through by the skin of their teeth with a fantastical play.

They can exercise some demons with a solid, stingy, physical game against the Wings.
They can exercise with demons? Are they playing the Kraken?

I know you meant exorcise the demons, I'm just being an asshole.

I think taking away 2 points from a team in the second wild card spot might just piss off the Detroit fanbase a little bit. Especially because of how low in the standings we are.

• Haha
Reactions: Flamingo

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
This game entirely depends on which Korpisalo shows up. I think the group as a whole is a better team than the Wings but the goaltending is so shaky that it could go either way. Leaning towards Korpi giving up 1-2 bad ones and that being the difference here.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
This "rivalry" (if you can call it that considering how lopsided it is) has been a welcome surprise honestly.

Before last year, I can't remember the last time I ever felt excited for a game against the Wings.
I would love to see Debrincat get crunched against the boards and wet himself… like the scene in Slapshot.

• Haha
Reactions: DylanSensFan

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The Chuck Norris Batherson reunion happened during last game, same with the second line.

Only change I would make is swap Branny and Chychrun. I don't like Chychrun on RD unless it's on the PP.
Last game didn’t he go tkatchuk stutzle batherson.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I would love to add to the apparent complex Detroit fans have with us tonight, just for giggles.

But if we do lose, Toronto drops to second wildcard spot, which is a consolation prize (TO will have 3 games in hand, but it will still be fun to watch Toronto fans squirm)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad