GDT: Round 1 Game 4 Playoffs: Jets @ Avs Apr 28, 2024 – 1:30 PM CT. TV: CBC; Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We really need to have the Avs D's heads on a swivel, unfortunately we don't seem to have the players that like to do that

Truly, as a long retired hockey player...

I can't imagine not playing the game with an edge... I wish I could still play...

I loved the fierce.. competitive nature of the game...

Are a number of the Jets test tube babies... ?

:sarcasm:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The alternative is give Stanley Dillon's spot with Pionk, which has just given me convulsions typing that out.

Or bringing in Miller, the proven vet with the cannon from the point -- supposedly, hasn't played enough to show that off here.

Schmidt and Samberg were one of the few good news stories from last game. Hopefully 88 can keep it going.

AJF in for speed. Lowry and Ehlers. Bones playing hunches. Maybe we'll see some new and sharp tactical moves to go with them.

Last edited:

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Nice seeing the Jets- Colorado series getting the big half hour national pre-game show before the important game 4. Sportsnet (Toronto) have really outdone themselves.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'm feeling this very strongly.

I've been a die hard, one team fan of the Jets for every second of their existence in the nhl.

I've been through extremely dark times with this team - playing under the shadow of the Oilers, the macoun crosscheck on Hawerchuk, the popcorn incident, losing the team.

However, through all those times the team always did the best they could and it showed.

It has been a real slog watching this team the past 5 years. So much frustration and disappointment.

I can take a team that is less talented, and gives its all but falls short, but I can't accept a team that has no mental fortitude.

For me the worst part is this isn't new, we've seen this collapse under pressure over and over and over.

Thinking a bunch of vets are going to suddenly figure it out is naive at best. I know it will never happen but if bet a guy like Sydney Crosby could straighten these guys out.

Add all of that to my Supreme hate for the nhl and I'm just wondering what's next?

It's a pretty empty feeling honestly.
You really summed up my thoughts and feelings ... I have very little to add aside from "I feel you" and generally agree.

Jets just signed on for 7 more years of Scheifele and Hellebuyck. They aren't going anywhere and nothing is going to change, we've watched this movie over and over for five years now. The Jets fooled me into thinking things were going to be different, maybe Wheeler really was "the" problem. Yet here we are again.

Jets, prove me wrong and win this series.

Reactions: Jet

Grannyjetfan

Dec 19, 2019
I hope Nino becomes a sniper and steps up on the 2nd line but I don't like the 3rd line pairing of Stanley and Schmidt.... that means more ice time for Pionk. Hopefully if Helly is struggling Bones puts in LB. Go Jets Go

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Macmaroon falls asleep during the first :p
Hey, I slept in this morning and I'm wide awake...

MacSleep.jpg

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
While my Buds are barely still in it, I'm hitching my wagon to all of the remaining Canadian clubs as well. It would be nice to see the cup north of the border again, so let's go Jets!

Reactions: larmex99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad