GDT: Sens vs Boouins - 7 pm TSN5

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What goal was the stinker tonight? I remember one with a screen and two nice shots.

Believe me, I am worried about that contract, but I didn't mind him tonight.
Uh. The Pasternak slap shot for the blue line lol. That has to be saved. That’s not even a shot players usually try. There’s no scoring chance there.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What goal was the stinker tonight? I remember one with a screen and two nice shots.

Believe me, I am worried about that contract, but I didn't mind him tonight.
The second goal was brutal, 1st was questionable. Goalies are supposed to make the saves on every shot that's coming from 35 feet out when they have time to challenge and no back door option.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Norris pisses me off too. He needs some video sessions with Jacques!

He did make some but not enough.
I don’t see Norris hate. He’s always been shit on the boards I used to complain about it pre contract. But I thought he’s played well during this stretch. Doesn’t cheat. Right side of the puck.

What happened to Greig though? A little benching?

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
The second goal was brutal, 1st was questionable. Goalies are supposed to make the saves on every shot that's coming from 35 feet out when they have time to challenge and no back door option.

The second goal was brutal? The guy was allowed to walk into the middle of the slot and then he picked a corner. It's the NHL - sometimes goalies get beat.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Uh. The Pasternak slap shot for the blue line lol. That has to be saved. That’s not even a shot players usually try. There’s no scoring chance there.
I am willing to concede that Parker Kelly should be much further out, closer to the shooter on that one and he did screen Korpi. That said, Korpi has to be better at stopping shots screened or not, better positioned and bigger/taller in the net. He's not a tiny goalie.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
His weakness seems to actually be like a shooter having a clean shot. He always gets beat clean. Doesn’t matter where on the ice. If the shooter has enough time to load up a wrister it’s beating him

I am willing to concede that Parker Kelly should be much further out, closer to the shooter on that one and he did screen Korpi. That said, Korpi has to be better at stopping shots screened or not, better positioned and bigger/taller in the net. He's not a tiny goalie.
Goalies save those types of screens all the time. Swayman saved multiple tonight.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He really had no time to be much further out... he got bumped at the draw .. started moving out and the shot came in.

Reactions: Cosmix and WallyD

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
With the team playing better you definitely start seeing the weak links letting the team down.

This game I thought a lot of guys played hard and well. For once, I thought Chabby and Chych played well.

Tkachuk has been a pretty big disappointment lately. I just don't think he has high end IQ or hands and that really limits his ability to lead a team. Endless poor reads or bad angle shots that kill a play.

As usual, impressed by Giroux and Tarasenko. Pinto was amazing too.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Korpi seems to have trouble with angles, or hand-eye, or maybe simply just picking up the puck off the stick. He still impressed me with his calm anticipation with pucks in close or shot on the ice through feet. He doesn’t over-react, never puts himself out of position.

I’d like to see what a bit more time with the new goalie coach does for him.

Reactions: LiseL

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
So I have to admit... the last two OT losses.... I planned to watch the recording, then saw they were in OT, turned it on and they lost immediately.

I will not watch the next OT live and report how they do!

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Chabot was great tonight, I think he’s been getting better and better under Jacques.

I liked Pinto on the first PP unit. I also like Stützle with Brady and Giroux. Don’t like Pinto with Batherson though, they never have much chemistry. Would rather see them reunite Bath and Norris next game and keep Stu on the top line.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Imagine if we started the season playing the way we have the last 5-6 games. Hard on the puck, tight forecheck, getting points off of even the best teams. We would be right in the mix. And that’s without a PP clicking and average goaltending at best.

Nice comeback, good work tonight, lost a coin flip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad