Pre-Game Talk: SENS take a bite out of the big Apple, Sunday 7:00 pm on SN

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
What bugs me most is that Burrows keeps getting prime PP minutes for no reason at all. Like, where does Boucher see him being helpful on the powerplay?

I think Boucher thinks that Burrows is particularly effective in front of the net

The thing is he isn't - Stone and Ryan can do it just as effectively except they aren't completely useless in all other aspects

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think Boucher thinks that Burrows is particularly effective in front of the net

The thing is he isn't - Stone and Ryan can do it just as effectively except they aren't completely useless in all other aspects

Most of the time he just loses a puck battle behind the net or along the corner. That's all he does.

Reactions: Alex1234

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Power Play is killing this team. With our skill we should be top 5 in the NHL.

Brutal

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

But...every time Ryan stands in front of the net, he gets broken hand/finger. I'd rather sacrifice Burrows in that spot. :confused:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Duchene is pretty good at it too, but he's not 35 yet.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Power Play is killing this team. With our skill we should be top 5 in the NHL.

Brutal

Lmao top 5? I'd settle for just average

Or how about we start with maintaining possession in the offensive zone without giving up a grade a short handed chance every PP

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah someone just needs to tell Boucher to stop being a smartass and just put our 5 best guys out there

Karlsson, Hoffman, Stone, and then 2 of Brassard/Duchene/Ryan
Does Boucher realize that if you score with your top 5 unit you won't even need the second PP unit?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
What bugs me most is that Burrows keeps getting prime PP minutes for no reason at all. Like, where does Boucher see him being helpful on the powerplay?
We don't give guys ice time based on merit anymore but how many NHL games they've played in the past. Veterans, effective are not are gonna get fed by Boucher.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Why in the world would the OTA radio broadcast on TSN1200 be nearly 2 seconds later than the Cable Sportsnet signal? I don't mind when it's a 1/2 second or so early but late is unacceptable. Guess I'll have to mostly listen to the TV audio broadcast with the radio on very low just to catch Gord's in between play comments. Sorry Dean but I can't listen to you yell about a close miss 2 seconds after it happens.

Usually longer than 2 seconds, so people don't swear on the radio. I thought it was 7 second delay during the day. Been that way for at least 25 years that I can remember.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Burrows isn’t the problem. The guys around him have to be better. That second unit runs through Ryan, Duchene and Karlsson/Phaneuf. That’s who you should be looking at.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Does Boucher realize that if you score with your top 5 unit you won't even need the second PP unit?

Yup that's exactly what Pittsburgh does

Big guns out there for 1:30 and then who gives a shit what happens after that

Realistically you aren't scoring in the final 30 seconds anyways

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad