Pre-Game Talk: SENS take a bite out of the big Apple, Sunday 7:00 pm on SN

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Just win. We really need those two points to stay in the top three in the Atlantic.
One less point then Detroit tonight who plays Colorado and we are out of playoffs spot.....:huh:
I know we have games in hand but still...
Were far from looking like a contender team these last 5-8 games

Duchene 1st period point to light a fire is much needed here

GO SENS GO

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
When Chabot was here he ran a PP for us that won us 2 games. We were 0-5 last night, cost us the win. PP has always been a problem for this team, we find a fix and Boucher doesn't like it because it's only 20 years old. Boucher would rather have a 36 year old problem in Oduya.....because you know the old coaching philosophy....it's better to have a 36 year old costing us games then a 20 year old winning us games.

Personally last night I was sick of seeing Hoffman on zone entries and dangle his way into trouble and then try and play defence on the PP. he's a finisher but not a play maker. Put Hoffman down low like last season and Get Chabot in there on the point

Chabot had 1 PP assist, in just over 9 minutes of PP TOI, in his three games this season.

I would not say "he ran the PP" for the Senators, or that Chabot "won" games for the the Senators ........... just yet.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Just win. We really need those two points to stay in the top three in the Atlantic.

Games in hand my Friend, games in hand. Don't focus on points in the Standing, as they don't reflect the teams records in relation to the different number of games played by each team.

Ottawa currently with the 11th best record in the NHL, with a 0.611 P%.

relax, the season still has a long way to go.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agreed.

Things haven't gone all that well for the last little bit but overall the team is in solid shape going forward.

As soon as we win three in a row this place will act like the stratosphere is the limit.

Reactions: aragorn

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Sens have been playing decently this season, but our goaltending has been putrid. Anderson and Condon have cost us so many games. Can't win or plan if your goalies have no focus. Hopefully going on the road for a while will help, we've been crap at home since day 1.

I agree and I think it will. The sens with their system play a lot better on the road imo and the record this year shows that so far.

It's so weird to me how Anderson alternates between a Vezina caliber season one year to a terrible season the next.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I was actually thinking that pyatt would look better with Ryan and Duchene last game. He is great along the boards

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Pyatt looked good with Brass and Stone and got the assist on Stoner's goal ... he's not the worst third guy you could put with Duch and Ryan.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Pyatt may not be a pure goal scorer, but he'll work his a$$ off in the corners and get Duchene or Ryan the puck. Probably not a bad move.

5 hours to g0 :popcorn:

I thought they should make that change in the last game to give the Duchene line some help down low. Like you said Pyatt is a digger and he may just be what that line needs at the moment. The Brassard line is all about Brass and Stone and they are clicking fine whoever they bring on board.

Reactions: Back in Black

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Don't mind a loss to Pittsburgh but to lose to Arizona? Rather unfortunate. Let's get the win today over the Rangers with Anderson in net. I think we win 3-2.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Goaltending is a problem, injuries have been a problem & some personnel on this team are a problem, however, who that is exactly seems to differ from person to person. IMO there are at least half a dozen players on this team I would like to see replaced either internally or through trades. Having said that though, this team traditionally seems to wait until Christmas or the new yr to start inserting some youth into the lineup. It's still early in the season & they are still hanging around a playoff position so there is no reason to do anything quite yet. Considering they just traded for Duchene I would guess they will wait to the deadline to make their next move unless of course they start dropping in the standings in a dramatic way. They need a big come back today to get themselves back on track but it won't be easy, they will need Anderson to have a big day to come away with pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad