OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For me it was eBay and just read the iron reviews online before I bought em.

I bought some Taylormade bladez and I like em. I’m also not a good golfer so it really doesn’t matter too much.

That and I’m left handed so there’s some really good deals online.
i find the opposite... i am left handed so theyre are fewer used available so its always more expensive haha.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Costco over here has a cheap set right now so I would imagine that they would where you are too.

Do you have much experience golfing?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I bought a set of Cobra King Forged Tec's last year, best clubs I have ever used by miles.

Courses opened 2 weeks ago here, just missed a tee time as a matter of fact because of a missed call.

Playing Humber Valley next weekend, best course in Newfoundland by a lot, one of the best in Canada actually, highly recommended if anyone ever visits the west coast of NFLD.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Costco over here has a cheap set right now so I would imagine that they would where you are too.

Do you have much experience golfing?
Im horrible.but this will probably be my first and last set and i believe in buying quality. i found a really good deal on Mizuno's the catch is theyre stiff flex... and every experienced golfer ive ever spoken to has told me that if i dont need stiff flex, then it will seriously hinder my performance

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Im horrible.but this will probably be my first and last set and i believe in buying quality. i found a really good deal on Mizuno's the catch is theyre stiff flex... and every experienced golfer ive ever spoken to has told me that if i dont need stiff flex, then it will seriously hinder my performance

What do you mean by horrible? How much have you golfed in the past? How much do you want to play in the future? What is typical for a trajectory with a mid iron?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What do you mean by horrible? How much have you golfed in the past? How much do you want to play in the future? What is typical for a trajectory with a mid iron?
I’ve golfed 10 + times. I plan on getting out a few tomes a month every season for the foreseeable future as I’ve given up all my other sports.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I’ve golfed 10 + times. I plan on getting out a few tomes a month every season for the foreseeable future as I’ve given up all my other sports.

If you want to seriously get into it I would consider getting custom fitted for a set. It would probably cost one or two thousand dollars. The people would be able to give you the best option. It could be the last set you get and is also buying quality. Regarding stiff or not it really depends on your swing speed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If you want to seriously get into it I would consider getting custom fitted for a set. It would probably cost one or two thousand dollars. The people would be able to give you the best option. It could be the last set you get and is also buying quality. Regarding stiff or not it really depends on your swing speed.
I feel like is swing fast... for the better or for worse.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Go to Sportchek and pick up a set of Adam's Golf clubs, you can usually get a full set (5 iron-9 iron +Sw/Pw, 3&4 hybrids, Driver and putter) anywhere from 400-800$.

Unless you want to break the bank for some Cobra/Titleist/Taylormade/Calloway, probably the best bang for your buck.

I can't stand hybrids though

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
My guitar amp died. I have absolutely no idea whats wrong with it.
What do you mean it died? It won't turn on, no output?

Rest in peace, amp :( I have been using my computer recently, and it's not too bad! It's got lots of options for effects, which I like, and you can record directly into your computer!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Go to Sportchek and pick up a set of Adam's Golf clubs, you can usually get a full set (5 iron-9 iron +Sw/Pw, 3&4 hybrids, Driver and putter) anywhere from 400-800$.

Unless you want to break the bank for some Cobra/Titleist/Taylormade/Calloway, probably the best bang for your buck.

I can't stand hybrids though
i have found titleist and mizuno for 500-600 good condition.. but theres always a catch like the flex. i dont know enough about golf to make a decision when i see that much info. i think golf town will actually measure my swing.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Ya man, golf is basically Chernobyl on steroids!
You jest, but golf courses and their use of fertilizer (Algal blooms) and fresh water is massive in comparison to the individual sources. Which is why I always laugh when California lectures the world on climate change, when they are literally importing water from the world to feed their gold course addiction in a freaking desert. But then, as always, it's a case of the rich being hypocrites.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Any loungers have moving advice for a first-timer? I'm moving away from home (finally) and figured I'd see if anyone's got some "don't make the same mistake I did" type stories.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Any loungers have moving advice for a first-timer? I'm moving away from home (finally) and figured I'd see if anyone's got some "don't make the same mistake I did" type stories.

Are you moving within the same city, or out of city?

Do you have nice furniture that you'll care enough about if it gets scuffed up a bit?

Do you have a moving budget?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Are you moving within the same city, or out of city?

Do you have nice furniture that you'll care enough about if it gets scuffed up a bit?

Do you have a moving budget?
Still within the greater confines of Ottawa, from Greely to Stittsville. Furniture... one really nice desk I'd rather not see get too scuffed, but beyond that I'm not especially picky. No budget set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad