OT: Sens Lounge LXXXXI - Lying is bad, mmkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Snow? The Waffler? Where to? To me the only snow I want is on Christmas Eve and then be gone by Boxing Day.

Dealerships phones will be ringing off the hook, no doubt. Happy my cars will be getting done next week and the other will be stored, which I have to read up on...

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Snow? The Waffler? Where to? To me the only snow I want is on Christmas Eve and then be gone by Boxing Day.

I'm the same way, but it appears that being in unfavorable areas of the country is in my job description. :laugh:

I'm in Northern QC/NFL and Lab (I cross into NFL and then back into QC on my commute)

It literally started snowing the day I showed up here and hasn't really stopped. Today was a bit nicer in the afternoon and was our first attempt to go out. The snow banks on either side of the road were over the truck. By the time they finished clearing the road, it was the end of the day and we had to turn around and head back to the camp I'm staying in.

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Anyone catch the Macdonald Tobacco ads trying to gain sympathy against the plain packaging laws. RIGHT!! Those guys better quit while they are ahead. They are only awakening deep feelings that I should join a class action lawsuit against them and Imperial for damaging my lungs and health from early childhood.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Happy birthday Deku!

7aacf913_cheers.gif

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Thought I'd share this. Joined a beginner league and needed a red jersey, so i was looking for an emo sens era blank cause I always liked that one. I found a couple on ebay and saw an autograph on one, no mention of it in the listing. Long story short I had to buy 2 jerseys and now have an emo sens autographed Neil, just need to letter and number.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So there's this new trend of games being released unfinished, with the devs saying they'll finish it with further patches.

Civ VI is the most recent example.

This trend is bad and should be stopped.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So there's this new trend of games being released unfinished, with the devs saying they'll finish it with further patches.

Civ VI is the most recent example.

This trend is bad and should be stopped.

That's a shame. Haven't got around to reading any reviews about it yet, my backlog is ridiculous.
World of Final Fantasy seems like it could be a fun nostalgic time waster though for PS4. Get the impression that it's grindy but with purpose.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
That's a shame. Haven't got around to reading any reviews about it yet, my backlog is ridiculous.
World of Final Fantasy seems like it could be a fun nostalgic time waster though for PS4. Get the impression that it's grindy but with purpose.

There's really not much point in reading game reviews these days. Games journalism is laughably corrupt and morally bankrupt these days.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
There's really not much point in reading game reviews these days. Games journalism is laughably corrupt and morally bankrupt these days.

There's still a few reviews I'll trust.
Plus you know, if you read multiple sources and read between the lines you can get an idea of what to expect from it.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
twitch is a great way to get a feel of a game

That's one thing I've never really gotten into, watching twitch streams or lets play videos...
Would rather experience a game the first time on my own

Probably similar to how I won't watch anything outside of pretty much the first trailer released for a given movie. The later trailers contain way too many spoilers if you pay them any attention usually.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I've seen so much praise for it but I haven't watched it. Maybe around Christmas/New Years I'll try to power through as many episodes as possible.

Started watching it recently. It isn't horrible but I'd recommend keeping expectations low. I kind of find myself just forcing myself through it because I don't have anything else lined up right now. Feels like it's trying too hard without really offering anything original.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone catch the Macdonald Tobacco ads trying to gain sympathy against the plain packaging laws. RIGHT!! Those guys better quit while they are ahead. They are only awakening deep feelings that I should join a class action lawsuit against them and Imperial for damaging my lungs and health from early childhood.

Hilarious. Also I love that they try to use scare tactics like "oh no there might be health warnings on FAST FOOD NEXT".

Yes. Yes there should be health warnings on fast food packaging. Maybe that would help curb unhealthy eating habits and save Canada even more on the health care costs of taking care of those who have them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad