OT: Sens Lounge LXXXXI - Lying is bad, mmkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Does anyone play in a mens league in Orleans that they may need spares for?

My league folded 2 weeks before the season, so I'm hoping to get into a league.

Thanks!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Damn, that's scary.

It was even scarier to watch unfold live. Dude was one of three people who needed medical attention in that season.

Spoiler alert for an upcoming season of Survivor incoming, so be ready to look away if you don't wanna know.

Caleb was asked to return for a second shot at the game. It'll be airing in S34, which is the one after this one.

Spoiler alert for an upcoming season of Survivor above, so be ready to look away if you don't wanna know.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Car rust proofing?
Recommendations for the winter? Is there a good/cheaper place to go in ottawa area?
Do most people do/don't do this?

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I hang up on any call the second I realize its person at a job.

I give people a chance to at least kill a few seconds spewing their automated spew before giving me a chance to speak, but the worst is the machines that take a few seconds to start the spew

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I give people a chance to at least kill a few seconds spewing their automated spew before giving me a chance to speak, but the worst is the machines that take a few seconds to start the spew

Likewise. They;re just doing their jobs, most of them hate calling you as much as you hate hearing from them. Working in a call center really really sucks. I'll be polite, cut them off and tell them that I'm not interested, hope they have a good day and ask to be taken off their call lsit. Most of the time they'll say no problem and do it.

If you're rude to them you're just going to hear back from another dude working there sooner or later.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

I pretend I'm having a heart attack and need immediate help. Is that wrong?
They always hang up on me and never had an ambulance show up.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I resigned my job as a tele-fundraiser even though my old job had filled my position. There may be a couple openings at other positions at my old job, or they may be able to give me a couple shifts a week, but they are not sure yet. I just couldn't go on at the call centre even if it was my only job security.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I resigned my job as a tele-fundraiser even though my old job had filled my position. There may be a couple openings at other positions at my old job, or they may be able to give me a couple shifts a week, but they are not sure yet. I just couldn't go on at the call centre even if it was my only job security.

As a big proponent of keeping a steady income, I think you made the right call. My sister was in a similar position where she had a job at a call centre, but she hated it. Her entire body shut down on her for a bit and she had to go on stress leave as a result.

Being without a job sucks, but the reality is you've gotta look out for yourself. Not many others will.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
As a big proponent of keeping a steady income, I think you made the right call. My sister was in a similar position where she had a job at a call centre, but she hated it. Her entire body shut down on her for a bit and she had to go on stress leave as a result.

Being without a job sucks, but the reality is you've gotta look out for yourself. Not many others will.

I have two prospects through my old job, was hoping to talk to the guy about the better one today but he wasn't in. I also stopped in a shop with a sign in a window today, it would only be part time but if I could get that at my old job too it would be good.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Finally found a use for my crown royal maple that I can't stand to drink.
Made a nice maple whiskey pulled pork in the slow cooker yesterday.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You're lucky that keyboards are fairly cheap. A couple years ago, the liquid cooling system in this pc died, and subsequently 'melted' the graphics card and one of the ram sticks. Oops.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I had a graphics card where the fan fell off... Overall the pc survived though.
Current desktop still dead, have to really set aside some time to try to get it up and running. Installed a new mobo and cpu a while back and it didn't boot.
Managed to pick up a piezo buzzer to see if it POSTs or not but haven't sat down for that bit of troubleshooting in the last six months.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Civ VI? I still haven't got around to trying out V...

I had a phone where the space (/#) stopped working and I just replaced spaces with periods for about a year before I finally broke down and got a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad