OT: Sens Lounge LXXXXI - Curling in the squat rack? HURRY HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I skipped the AOL phase and went straight to MSN.

Oh those where the days!

Also anyone have a GPS watch for running/exercise? Any recommendations?

Fitbit surge, gps and has its own running app you snyc with your phone after the workout. shows elevation, heart rate, lots of stats, maps your run, etc. and then there is the general fitbit community stuff too.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I believe the new FitBit Charge HR will have GPS as well. Not a watch but I love mine!

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Are you sure you need a watch? If you have an Android phone, then the GPS is separate from your data/phone signal, and you can just use pretty much running app, like Nike+

True. I probably don't need a watch but I'd like one for running and swimming... so I can't take my phone swimming with me. Plus best buy has fitness watches on crazy sale so thought I should at least look into them.

Looked at the surge but it is a bit pricey in comparison with garmin watches and not sure how it handles the water.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I do not know much about vehicles, but I do not think that my mother's truck should be making a whirring/grinding noise when accelerating.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
True. I probably don't need a watch but I'd like one for running and swimming... so I can't take my phone swimming with me. Plus best buy has fitness watches on crazy sale so thought I should at least look into them.

Looked at the surge but it is a bit pricey in comparison with garmin watches and not sure how it handles the water.

I don't know Garmin specifically for watches, but I have a bunch of their stuff for cycling and it all works really well

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Back when I was doing research into buying an active/exercise watch, Garmin stood out as the best one.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I don't get enough potassium so I bought potassium supplements. Only to find out its only 3% of daily per each and take 1 a day. I read that its only 3% to avoid people having too much at once. Think it'd be fine to have four spread out during one full meal with a lot of water before I go exercise?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'd be cautious with potassium.

What is the actual dose of the supplement? A spike too high (aka eating too much at one time) could actually lead to cardiac issues. You're probably better off taking it every 4 hours versus 4 over 1 hour
(I would definitely not recommend it)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'd be cautious with potassium.

What is the actual dose of the supplement? A spike too high (aka eating too much at one time) could actually lead to cardiac issues. You're probably better off taking it every 4 hours versus 4 over 1 hour
(I would definitely not recommend it)

Its 99mg.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Its 99mg.

As a healthy person who eats enough veggies/ fruit you should get enough potassium without supplements. Don't take 4x the dose in 1 hour (although 99mg seems pretty tame potassium isn't something I'd just take as I see fit unless I'm getting blood work to see how it's actually affecting my potassium levels).

Why do you want to take potassium anyways? Why can't you just eat more potassium rich foods (far safer than adding supplements and taking them as you see fit).

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
As a healthy person who eats enough veggies/ fruit you should get enough potassium without supplements. Don't take 4x the dose in 1 hour (although 99mg seems pretty tame potassium isn't something I'd just take as I see fit unless I'm getting blood work to see how it's actually affecting my potassium levels).

Why do you want to take potassium anyways? Why can't you just eat more potassium rich foods (far safer than adding supplements and taking them as you see fit).

Help with biking. I find my muscles in my knees can't keep up with the rest of my body. Not to get too technical but I assume its because of that acid stuff that makes muscles unhappy.

The fruits and veggies I mainly eat don't have much potassium in them. Im also guilty of not eating veggies consistently enough. Pills are great for my laziness.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Help with biking. I find my muscles in my knees can't keep up with the rest of my body. Not to get too technical but I assume its because of that acid stuff that makes muscles unhappy.

The fruits and veggies I mainly eat don't have much potassium in them. Im also guilty of not eating veggies consistently enough. Pills are great for my laziness.

Citrulline Malate is what you're looking for if it's actually something to do with lactic acid build up

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Do you like bananas?

Apparently they are great and help with that after workout muscle "unhappiness".

I wouldn't recommend taking more potassium supplements than advised without at least speaking with a doctor.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Citrulline Malate is what you're looking for if it's actually something to do with lactic acid build up

Will have to google this.

Do you like bananas?

Apparently they are great and help with that after workout muscle "unhappiness".

I wouldn't recommend taking more potassium supplements than advised without at least speaking with a doctor.

Im a fan of the taste. Hate how quickly they do bad.

Im gonna stick to taking just 1 supp a day.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Best birthday presents are Sens birthday presents.

kkxbVnq.jpg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think it's safe to assume you're getting old when you find everyone in bars/taverns/restaurants/streets/etc. annoying as hell. Ugh.

Maybe I need to move to the country or something....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad