OT: Sens Lounge LXXXXI - Curling in the squat rack? HURRY HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
You can order KFC delivery online here. This is dangerous. I think I just ordered enough for 7 people...

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I think it's safe to assume you're getting old when you find everyone in bars/taverns/restaurants/streets/etc. annoying as hell. Ugh.

Maybe I need to move to the country or something....

Yep.

That started for me around my 25th birthday. The decade+ that has since followed hasn't seen much of a change in that, haha.

Mid 30s here, still haven't reached this point, although my taste in bars has certainly changed. If I never set foot in a loud crowded club ever again, for example, I'll be okay with that. Still enjoy going and having a few beers and meeting new people, though.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I love going to the Irish pubs with my friends.

In University I would go to dance bars and places like that, because, girls.

I'm 27 now, all my friends and myself are in relationships, and I like going and drinking with friends and listening to tunes. Maybe once every 2nd weekend.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Generally speaking it's because as you get older, you know yourself better and know what you like.

So you don't force yourself to to a bar or club if you hate it 'because girls', you just meet girls elsewhere.

Generally speaking, people are dumb, and annoying, so I get it.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I definitely find ppl more annoying as I get older. But still am a huge fan of an Irish pub. Minus a bachelorette once I haven't set foot in a club for nearly 10 years.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
I do not know much about vehicles, but I do not think that my mother's truck should be making a whirring/grinding noise when accelerating.

Get it to a gearhead. Off the top of my head check the U/joints on the driveshaft first. Don't want to drop your shaft in the middle of the road, makes for a really bad day. But definitely get it to a trusted mechanic.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I do not know much about vehicles, but I do not think that my mother's truck should be making a whirring/grinding noise when accelerating.

I have a mechanics licence. No it shouldn't. sounds to me on this limited information, that a wheel bearing is starting to go or is shot. However sometimes poorly worn tires will do nearly the same.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Personally I don't mind clubs still, but that's because I legitimately enjoy dancing. I'm one of those guys who'll occasionally convince my girl to get up and dance to live music at a pub. She's too shy to want to do that on a regular basis though
I'm also good with the pub atmosphere too.

The places I don't enjoy are the ones where the music isn't very danceable and it's played too loud to just sit down and chat.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hey, you know when a car starts, and it sounds like someone is shaking a kitchen pot full of marbles, but then it goes away as soon as the engine turns?

What is that?

That's probably an indication it's time to ditch the Alfa Romeo.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's probably an indication it's time to ditch the Alfa Romeo.

It doesn't happen every time I start the car, but maybe happens once a week.

I swear, it's probably due to the crap electrics in this car. When it runs well, it's a beast, and my favorite car I've ever driven. When the electronics are finicky, it's like a toddler having a temper tantrum. "Italian Engineering" at it's finest.

... I just need to get 8 more months out of this car, then it (and we) are gone.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It doesn't happen every time I start the car, but maybe happens once a week.

I swear, it's probably due to the crap electrics in this car. When it runs well, it's a beast. When the electronics are finicky, it's like a toddler having a temper tantrum.

... I just need to get 8 more months out of this car, then it (and we) are gone.

Is your radio tuned into the "all marbles in pots, all the time" channel? Do they even have that over there?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Is your radio tuned into the "all marbles in pots, all the time" channel? Do they even have that over there?

Do they even have that? We only have two radio stations in Switzerland:

1) 96.9 FM, "The Horn" - All Alpenhorn, All the time.
2) Marmor Töpfe 104.1 FM - It's just 24hrs a day of marbles in pots.
... the AM band is reserved exclusively for yodeling, as per Swiss Federal Law.

Actually, as a funny aside, do you know what is an actual Swiss musical instrument? A coin in a bowl.

I **** you not. It's a guy who spins a coin in a bowl. IT EVEN HAS A NAME - Talerschwingen. And that counts as an instrument. I'll try to find a video of it I found a video of it.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
My experience with Swiss radio is that I'd rather listen to Antenna Bayern :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
fun-outdoor-tiki-style.jpg

I love this bar

added some music to go along with that picture

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I also still like going out to certain specific bars where the type of people I enjoy hanging around are, but those places are getting few and far apart. I find that I can't handle loud and brash people at all anymore, and they are obviously around a lot at drinking establishments. Some of the places I really enjoyed going to are now filled with young students who don't know how to drink and act in public and I get stressed out instead of enjoying myself. Not worth it. Of course it doesn't help that the main activity in Montreal is going out to drink so if I don't want to stay home it's usually the only option.

Like I said, a change of scenery is probably needed soon, but I also feel like people in general have become much more superficial, self-centered and disrespectful. Might be because we are in the age of social media, might just be because I'm old and grumpy.

Alright, rant over!

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Beets I can do but not something I would pick on a regular basis.

But love sweet potatoes. Sweet potato fries are awesome!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
.... and I was a bit worried about blood in my urine before I remembered beets....

1. I also like going out and dancing at bar sometimes, though it's generally the country bar (and I don't even really like country per se) because the atmosphere is great, and the kids tend to stick to the top 40 bars.

2. My wife and I rock the pub like the public house folks we be!

3. And as BK said, likely the wheel bearings with grinding, or could be a seized caliper if you're feeling some hesitancy with moving.

4. Moving this month, back yard here we come!!!

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
.... and I was a bit worried about blood in my urine before I remembered beets....

1. I also like going out and dancing at bar sometimes, though it's generally the country bar (and I don't even really like country per se) because the atmosphere is great, and the kids tend to stick to the top 40 bars.

2. My wife and I rock the pub like the public house folks we be!

3. And as BK said, likely the wheel bearings with grinding, or could be a seized caliper if you're feeling some hesitancy with moving.

4. Moving this month, back yard here we come!!!

Can't wait til my girlfriend is old enough to drink :laugh:

Are you moving within Victoria?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I also still like going out to certain specific bars where the type of people I enjoy hanging around are, but those places are getting few and far apart. I find that I can't handle loud and brash people at all anymore, and they are obviously around a lot at drinking establishments. Some of the places I really enjoyed going to are now filled with young students who don't know how to drink and act in public and I get stressed out instead of enjoying myself. Not worth it. Of course it doesn't help that the main activity in Montreal is going out to drink so if I don't want to stay home it's usually the only option.

Like I said, a change of scenery is probably needed soon, but I also feel like people in general have become much more superficial, self-centered and disrespectful. Might be because we are in the age of social media, might just be because I'm old and grumpy.

Alright, rant over!

You sound like you need a new hobby.

I mean that in a good way though. Ever looked into meet-ups? They are a great way to meet people for set activities and can lead to some very positive interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->