OT: Sens Lounge LXXII: Scrubs or Suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Every single one of those titles you can play on almost any platform besides Outlast, which is most certainly NOT "amazing". Its a filler title that takes 90 minutes to play through. I really like most of those games though and own most of them on PS4, but that's definitely not a selling feature for ps4. You didn't name one single good exclusive and that's a problem for Sony. I expect Infamous will help them out.

I'm saying it was worth it for be, I really don't give a **** about for anyone else haha.

Also the HD issue for Xbox1.

And I love PS exclusives but they take time to release.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Of course you're right if you just redefine everything to meet your own criteria. That's not really the case though. Everyone one else in the industry considers all of those games to be Role Playing Games.

I don't know how you could genuinely say that a game where you play as a Paladin/Necromancer/Barbarian etc. With other people online to complete quests, level up and loot gear could ever not be considered role playing. That's pretty much the definition of role play.

Your essentially saying that role playing games haven't existed since the mid 2000s.

And Skyrim? Are there different plot outcomes in that game? I'm pretty sure the main quest is the same for everyone no matter what you do.

Yes back in the day Final Fantasy was considered an RPG

However things have changed: video games have evolved since then and now games like FF are called JRPGs. Part of the reason why this has come to pass is that games like Fallout, Baldur's Gate and Never Winter Nights have shown what an actual role-playing video game should be like (and there is still a long way to go for a true RPG)

An RPG isn't defined by it's setting, it's defined by it's mechanics: Diablo is a game where you go around killing everything that moves and where you make no decisions. It's an action game with a few elements that have been traditionnaly associated with RPGs (character progress and equipment): that doesn't make it an RPG, it just has RPG elements.

Compare a game like Fallout New Vegas to Diablo and tell me which one is an RPG.

Now this isn't meant to be some intense debate on my end (not angry or anything, I like participating in these discussions during down time at work), I just don't think that, with how video games are TODAY, that calling a game like Diablo an RPG would be correct. When Diablo 1 came out in 1996 maybe but not anymore.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I don't really have the time but I still enjoy a good playthrough. I guess I started appreciating others' work since watching a Slayers Boxer replay in Starcraft.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Most definitions of a sinkhole don't specify that they must occur naturally. This fits most definitions' criteria: hole in the ground + water involved.

The news today said the guys digging the tunnels last night had to stop because of falling debris. Shortly after they got out, it collapsed.

That is a cave in.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't really have the time but I still enjoy a good playthrough. I guess I started appreciating others' work since watching a Slayers Boxer replay in Starcraft.

watch GTAV the syndicate project on youtube he's pretty funny and just has a good time.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
watch GTAV the syndicate project on youtube he's pretty funny and just has a good time.

I really, really hate playthrough videos where people commentate throughout the game. When I watch a playthrough I'm there to see THE GAME, not listen to someone's idiotic brainless remarks emanate from their filthy sewer. Every time I find a playthrough and discover it has commentary I be sure to leave the nastiest remark I can think of at the time. Youtube should have policies banning those types of videos or at least have content standards that must be met.

I would have done the same for Manked's vid but his is not a playthrough and it was actually funny.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I really, really hate playthrough videos where people commentate throughout the game. When I watch a playthrough I'm there to see THE GAME, not listen to someone's idiotic brainless remarks emanate from their filthy sewer. Every time I find a playthrough and discover it has commentary I be sure to leave the nastiest remark I can think of at the time. Youtube should have policies banning those types of videos or at least have content standards that must be met.

I would have done the same for Manked's vid but his is not a playthrough and it was actually funny.

yeah i know what you mean but his is not a playthrough either it's just messing around.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm totally amazed, now that I don't live in Canada, how many "move to Canada!" scams there are out there.

Seriously, when I'm "cruizing the net" here in Indo, instead of the typical "lose weight in 3 weeks! See Results here!" spam ads there are, all of the spam banners are things like "Move to Canada! Click here for free passport!" or "Click here to enter lottery for free Canadian passport!" or "Work in Canada! Click here to find out how!"

... it's weird. We have a global reputation as a premier destination for immigrants, and apparently a TON of scammers prey off of that.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
When I separated from my sons mother, I said "I am done with Canadian women." So I found an international match.com kind of site. I created a profile and before I even finished the profile or uploaded a picture, I had 20 women from South East Asia message me. Most were from the Philippines. I deleted my account two days later because it was too much. Over 100 unread messages. I didn't realize how much people wanted to move to Canada.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
When I separated from my sons mother, I said "I am done with Canadian women." So I found an international match.com kind of site. I created a profile and before I even finished the profile or uploaded a picture, I had 20 women from South East Asia message me. Most were from the Philippines. I deleted my account two days later because it was too much. Over 100 unread messages. I didn't realize how much people wanted to move to Canada.

Man, there are SO MANY LOVELESS MARRIAGES over here for almost exactly the same reason.

Step 1: unattractive, emotionally stunted white guy moves to Indonesia.
Step 2: attractive Indo women from less-than-wealthy upbringings throw themselves at them.
Step 3: weird white guy marries hot Indonesian girl with the expressed mutual understanding that you get to have sex with her, and in return she gets to have kids with you and financial security.

It happens SO MUCH. The number of sketchy white dudes over here with completely disinterested Indo-Wives is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad