OT: Sens Lounge LXXII: Scrubs or Suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Were the locals tuned in to this at all? Wondering what the excitement was about?

Hell no.
No Indonesian broadcaster even bothered to show a single minute of coverage. I had to do all my Olympic watching via streams.

My neighbor's jaga (night watchman) saw me in my Canada jersey with our guests also in Canadian colors, and he was like "are you having a Canada party? Is today Canadian New Years?"

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Ever since I installed my new router, I haven't been able to play Ghosts very well at all. I went from being a perfectly average player to garbage.

What would the router have to do with it? Do you think you're experiencing lag hence you're not reacting as quick as others ?

ryanharvey201

Feb 24, 2014
Hi, I`m going to the March 28th game of Ottawa Vs Chicago at CTC. My seats for the game are in the 300L section, but I was wondering. Are you allowed to sit (Or Stand by the glass) in the lower bowl during warmups? I know other arena`s such as Columbus and Montreal allow it, but im not sure if CTC allows it. Does anyone here know?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Hi, I`m going to the March 28th game of Ottawa Vs Chicago at CTC. My seats for the game are in the 300L section, but I was wondering. Are you allowed to sit (Or Stand by the glass) in the lower bowl during warmups? I know other arena`s such as Columbus and Montreal allow it, but im not sure if CTC allows it. Does anyone here know?
Bonk will be the best one to actually answer this, but just scan your ticket at Gate 3 which allows you to go into the 100s and walk down.

Odds are no one will ask you or anything. Then when you need to go to your seats, either take an elevator or one of the staircases (the one I always take is the one next to the valet).

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Yes, you're allowed to stand at an empty space in front of the glass during warmups.

Source - I've done it multiple times with my friends.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Yep, you're absolutely allowed to be around the glass for warmups.

The ushers will expect you to adhere to a few basic rules, though:
- if you're in an aisle and someone is trying to get to their actual seat / you are standing in front of their seat, you are expected to be courteous and let them pass/ move if you are in their way.
- kids will usually get priority: you may get asked to surrender your spot "on the glass" for a kid (because kids are short and can't see around you, while you are tall and can easily see over their heads)
- Don't be a douchemachine

Basically: be courteous to people whose tickets are actually in that section, be nice to kids, don't be an ass.

Like Manked said: best way to get to the 100 level before the puck drops is by entering the building via Gate 2 or 3 (they are the two side gates). Gate 1 (the front gate) is usually mental, and there are ticket takers for the 100 level, and ticket takers for the 200 & 300 levels up the stairs. Because it is usually crazy down there before the puck drops, they don't want 200 & 300 level guests to enter the 100 level at Gate 1 not because you're not allowed, but because it's a logistics nightmare of trying to scan guests in AND do ticket checks.

Elevators down to the 100 level from the 200 & 300 level are at sections 209 (and 309) and 221 (and 321). Stairs will be at the same sections, but on the opposite side of the hallway.

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Hell no.
No Indonesian broadcaster even bothered to show a single minute of coverage. I had to do all my Olympic watching via streams.

My neighbor's jaga (night watchman) saw me in my Canada jersey with our guests also in Canadian colors, and he was like "are you having a Canada party? Is today Canadian New Years?"

:laugh:

Cute.

It's kind of like a leap-year-birthday-esque Canadian New Year's in way I guess.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
http://www.gog.com/game/banished

This is my favorite game of the past 3-4 years. It's probably not for everyone, but I've already put more time into this game than any other game not named Dota 2, in the past 5 years or so.

It's almost certainly going to be on my GOTY 2014 list, and it's only February. I adore it, even if my little villagers keep dying of starvation.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Looks like the lanes on the Queensway between Nicholas and St. Laurent have finally been repainted to make them easier to see at night. Having to drive through that stretch every night on my way home from work, that area was just an accident waiting to happen when it's dark. Good to see the city finally realized the danger and took action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad