Wipers up or down for a winter storm?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Happy soon-to-be new year every one!

I ended up winning decently big in an NFL pick ‘em pool. First big and irresponsible purchase of 2020 will likely be a new watch :)

Reactions: DrEasy and Caeldan

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Happy new decade.

It's funny...I can remember sitting in grade school and looking at my writing in the top right corner of my notebook, looking at the "December 1979," and thinking wow, I'm going to see that change over to 1980 on the next page. A few decades later, and it's that same wow feeling. Amazing how time flies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Happy new decade.

It's funny...I can remember sitting in grade school and looking at my writing in the top right corner of my notebook, looking at the "December 1979," and thinking wow, I'm going to see that change over to 1980 on the next page. A few decades later, and it's that same wow feeling. Amazing how time flies.

old.jpg

:sarcasm:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Is it wrong to assume this guy put his gig guitar in a soft case for travel? No wonder.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/a...-after-guitar-damaged-during-flight-1.4748769

Exact same thing happened to my very first guitar when I flew Delta. I had mine in a good hard case and even had put socks for extra padding. After over a day of travelling I open it and part the head been snapped clean from the neck. I was exhausted (Ottawa to Melbourne) and I legit shed a tear or two (my FIRST guitar!!)

Travelling with instruments is always stressful

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Don't have to assume it. It was right in the article...

He said he also plans on using a hard case rather than his soft one from now on, and will continue bringing the guitars directly to the gate.

ah... thanks.

Crazy to think he didn't expect damage. I once had to take a special workstation to a meeting in montreal. It was in a special travel case with FRAGILE written all over it. I watched the air canada boys slam that down on the old loading conveyor from the window. It survived but i never trusted baggage handling again.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
ah... thanks.

Crazy to think he didn't expect damage. I once had to take a special workstation to a meeting in montreal. It was in a special travel case with FRAGILE written all over it. I watched the air canada boys slam that down on the old loading conveyor from the window. It survived but i never trusted baggage handling again.

I remember one time dropping something off at the DHL counter at an airport for work, the guy told me not to bother with more than one FRAGILE sticker because the ones that were obnoxiously labeled had a tendency to receive the wrong type of special attention.

Reactions: Variable26

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I remember one time dropping something off at the DHL counter at an airport for work, the guy told me not to bother with more than one FRAGILE sticker because the ones that were obnoxiously labeled had a tendency to receive the wrong type of special attention.

I work in shipping and receiving.

If you’ve sent something through Fed-Ex air - that package has been thrown at a wall.

That’s what put’s the air in Fed-Ex.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is it wrong to assume this guy put his gig guitar in a soft case for travel? No wonder.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/a...-after-guitar-damaged-during-flight-1.4748769

I mean, the article said he unzipped the case, so it's hard to believe it would be anything but a soft case.

Of note, I had a guitar that broke right around the same place, though it was an electric, and the break was actually at the spot where the headstock is glued to the neck (mine was not a one piece neck like Gibsons typically are) as opposed to the wood actually breaking. I was able to get mine repaired by a guy I new and it was fine afterwards. Two piece angled necks are stronger anyways as you don't have the woods grain working against you, and waste less wood when made.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Personal question here.

I've had tingling and numbess in my hands and feet for a few weeks now. Then I developed rashes on my arms and legs a few days later. Seemed like a bad allergic reaction. I went to the doctor and she didn't think the numbess and tingling was related to the rashes. The rashes have mostly gone away now but the numbess and tingling has gotten much worse the past 24 hours. Even in my arms and legs a little bit now too. The dr told me to check back in in a few weeks if it doesn't go away and that I'd maybe have to see a neurologist in that case. She didnt seem worried and my blood work was fine. With it getting worse now I'm not sure if I should wait. I'm also under a lot of stress at the moment with a lot of anxiety due to personal issues. Not sure if that can cause this.

Just wondering if anybody has had any similar issues/have any recommendations?

Thanks

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Personal question here.

I've had tingling and numbess in my hands and feet for a few weeks now. Then I developed rashes on my arms and legs a few days later. Seemed like a bad allergic reaction. I went to the doctor and she didn't think the numbess and tingling was related to the rashes. The rashes have mostly gone away now but the numbess and tingling has gotten much worse the past 24 hours. Even in my arms and legs a little bit now too. The dr told me to check back in in a few weeks if it doesn't go away and that I'd maybe have to see a neurologist in that case. She didnt seem worried and my blood work was fine. With it getting worse now I'm not sure if I should wait. I'm also under a lot of stress at the moment with a lot of anxiety due to personal issues. Not sure if that can cause this.

Just wondering if anybody has had any similar issues/have any recommendations?

Thanks
How old are you? Level of physical fitness?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Could have a pinched nerve some where. If it's both sides could be your neck. Could also be just tension.

When do the symptoms start, where are you?

Symptoms are usually constant. At least the past 30 hours or so. And progressively gotten worse. It's in my leg and up my back a little too now. My feet feel like they are frozen. I've had really bad back problems the past 6 months but that's been much improved the past 2 months or so. Not really sure what's the cause.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Symptoms are usually constant. At least the past 30 hours or so. And progressively gotten worse. It's in my leg and up my back a little too now. My feet feel like they are frozen. I've had really bad back problems the past 6 months but that's been much improved the past 2 months or so. Not really sure what's the cause.

Go sit in emergency. Get looked at now.

No sense in wasting time, it is your health, and it is not sounding like something to wait around for further symptoms.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Sounds like you might have a pinched nerve or something. I would recommend going to see an Osteopath. They are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad