OT: Sens Lounge CIV - Keep your damned hands off the door edition

Wipers up or down for a winter storm?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sorry to hear about that. Not fun stuff to go through. My family dr retired and I havent found one yet. My wife and daughters dr retires in April so I figured we'd all try and get the same one going forward. I would like to get an MRI though.

Having to replace a family doctor suuuucks.

I got lucky tho. Found one who is only a few years older than me, and a great doctor. Shes also incredibly beautiful which is weird.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm late to the Star Wars party but I finally saw Rots. It's hard for me to describe how much I disliked that movie. Spoiler warning.

I seriously don't understand how that and Last Jedi exist. Last Jedi did its best to undo most of the plot development from Force Awakens then Rots spends most of its time doing the same to Last Jedi. It's a trilogy that basically doesn't have a middle act.

There's a whole group of people responsible for maintaining the Star Wars universe and canon. They de canonized the EU and games to presumably have a fresh slate and set out purposely into a sequel trilogy. How did they possibly greenlight the Last Jedi and basically have it work so contrary to where they wanted to go to close out the story?? They coordinate TV series, comics, novels and video games but they couldn't coordinate the flagship films?! Dave Filoni has done an amazing job with coordinating 3 separate tv series with hundreds of episodes let alone 3 separate movies. Where were the handlers of the franchise and the big disney execs when last Jedi was in post? Am I just spoiled by the Marvel franchise?

I actually enjoyed watching Last Jedi way more than Rots. It actually had fun and interesting moments despite its many many flaws. Throne room fight, last stand on the Crait, Poe doing sweet Xwing stuff. There was some humor that hit.

Rots is so busy trying to justify it's own story, it forgets to have any memorable moments. It just frantically jumps around needlessly, spends too much time on pointless stuff (omg we're erasing C3P0's memory! Oh wait that didn't matter at all, good thing we spent the last hour on that side quest that also didn't matter) and no time on things that are actually important (the return of the Emporer, the Sith, Leia's JEDI TRAINING!?) The final fight is just basically a force tug of war, there's no good space battles, no humor.

Then the only good part of the trilogy being Ben Solo's redemption arc just sorta happens? Leia disappears and then Kylo is good now. Cool beans. What a waste of Adam Driver.

Then Han shows up as a "memory". In a goddamn universe where ghosts exist you basically pick the one main character who couldn't ever possibly be a ghost when you just f***ing told us Leia could be a ghost and even make a point to tell us its not like the other ones. f*** ME.

I could go on. I didn't mind at all the overall story and where it went but how it got there was awful. Certain things just needed to be introduced in the 2nd movie that flowed into 3 so we could actually spend some time in that current conflict.

I hope someone writes a book about how shit went down that messed up this franchise so badly.

Reactions: DrEasy

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The disc could be "gently" pushing a nerve which could explain the numbness without pain. Building disks happen a lot to people who lean forward a lot (working out the abs, chest and shoulders help a lot on that front!)

I'd still recommend going to see a chiropractor if at all possible, while you wait for the medical stuff to happen. If you had serious back issues and now you are having hip issues, the odds seem good that there is a link and the chiropractor might be able to help or even maybe tell you if it is serious.

I understand that chiropractor can be expensive and hard to get to however.

I work in the meat department at Costco so I'm constantly leaning over and lifting and all that. Plus I'm 6 foot 3 so the bending over isnt always fun lol. The chiropractor I was seeing like 4 or 5 months ago seemed to be pretty good. Easy to get appts too. I'm covered up to 80% but I feel like I've used up my allotted amount for the year so yeah will start to get pricey.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm late to the Star Wars party but I finally saw Rots. It's hard for me to describe how much I disliked that movie. Spoiler warning.

I seriously don't understand how that and Last Jedi exist. Last Jedi did its best to undo most of the plot development from Force Awakens then Rots spends most of its time doing the same to Last Jedi. It's a trilogy that basically doesn't have a middle act.

There's a whole group of people responsible for maintaining the Star Wars universe and canon. They de canonized the EU and games to presumably have a fresh slate and set out purposely into a sequel trilogy. How did they possibly greenlight the Last Jedi and basically have it work so contrary to where they wanted to go to close out the story?? They coordinate TV series, comics, novels and video games but they couldn't coordinate the flagship films?! Dave Filoni has done an amazing job with coordinating 3 separate tv series with hundreds of episodes let alone 3 separate movies. Where were the handlers of the franchise and the big disney execs when last Jedi was in post? Am I just spoiled by the Marvel franchise?

I actually enjoyed watching Last Jedi way more than Rots. It actually had fun and interesting moments despite its many many flaws. Throne room fight, last stand on the Crait, Poe doing sweet Xwing stuff. There was some humor that hit.

Rots is so busy trying to justify it's own story, it forgets to have any memorable moments. It just frantically jumps around needlessly, spends too much time on pointless stuff (omg we're erasing C3P0's memory! Oh wait that didn't matter at all, good thing we spent the last hour on that side quest that also didn't matter) and no time on things that are actually important (the return of the Emporer, the Sith, Leia's JEDI TRAINING!?) The final fight is just basically a force tug of war, there's no good space battles, no humor.

Then the only good part of the trilogy being Ben Solo's redemption arc just sorta happens? Leia disappears and then Kylo is good now. Cool beans. What a waste of Adam Driver.

Then Han shows up as a "memory". In a goddamn universe where ghosts exist you basically pick the one main character who couldn't ever possibly be a ghost when you just ****ing told us Leia could be a ghost and even make a point to tell us its not like the other ones. **** ME.

I could go on. I didn't mind at all the overall story and where it went but how it got there was awful. Certain things just needed to be introduced in the 2nd movie that flowed into 3 so we could actually spend some time in that current conflict.

I hope someone writes a book about how **** went down that messed up this franchise so badly.

This is why execs should never meddle in creative decisions. You can see how the execs had their fingerprints all over the movie: focused-tested to hell and back.

What a clusterf*** of a film, absolute garbage as far a huge blockbusters go. Even the Transformer movies were more fun.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This not just in

JJ Abrams is a horrible f***ing director. You can’t direct a movie if you can’t direct people.

Oh but it’s shiny and has lens flares!

Just saw rots. I actually liked it better than the others but it’s still far from good enough. What a waste of Oscar Isaac

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Then Han shows up as a "memory". In a goddamn universe where ghosts exist you basically pick the one main character who couldn't ever possibly be a ghost when you just ****ing told us Leia could be a ghost and even make a point to tell us its not like the other ones. **** ME.

About the only conceivable reason I think for this one is an unfortunate logistical one with Carrie Fisher's passing. There was likely more scenes that she should have done (or re-shot in post), but was no longer available.
It may have been in this thread but I read somewhere that Rose was supposed to have more screen time, but it was largely with Leia and 'didn't look real'. So they may have attempted to digitize her but it didn't meet their FX standards.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Woke up last night and my phone said that I was streaming spotify. I was like..uh what?
So I opened it up on my computer and someone was using chrome to stream spanish rappers.
so I slowly lowered the volume. When they raised it again. I lowered it again. then I blasted the volume and disabled the account.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

I hope someone writes a book about how **** went down that messed up this franchise so badly.

yep

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Sounds like Disney essentially hired JJ to have his name attached the movie but that they overruled him on a ton of stuff.

Makes sense. JJ is one-trick pony but he's good at it, I have a hard time imagining anyone who understands movies and storytelling would put out something as laughably awful as RoS.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Woke up last night and my phone said that I was streaming spotify. I was like..uh what?
So I opened it up on my computer and someone was using chrome to stream spanish rappers.
so I slowly lowered the volume. When they raised it again. I lowered it again. then I blasted the volume and disabled the account.
Who was doing it?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Sam Star Wars thought it was mediocre. The series was hurt by having different directors, and fell into some sequel traps. But there were also some things that I liked and because of the cultural presence of the original trilogy it was never going to live up to general expectations.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
****, thought you were in the city.

The only time I have ever been to Carleton Place hospital, it was closed too. They woke up the doctor for my buddy and stitched him up.

Hey, I hope you feel better soon @Daffy

I suggest using Ontario Telehealth in the future. RNs on call 24/7. - provides best advice in situations like this.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario

Called the telehealth line today. The nurse seemed fairly helpful. But she thinks I need to go back to the dr within the next 24 hours. Today especially, I'm feeling tingling in my face. Sucks not knowing what's going on.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Called the telehealth line today. The nurse seemed fairly helpful. But she thinks I need to go back to the dr within the next 24 hours. Today especially, I'm feeling tingling in my face. Sucks not knowing what's going on.

You are doing the right thing. Hopefully they can get you back to 100% soon.

Get well soon, dude! :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Hope it works out well for you. Get well soon.

I just passed a kidney stone after 4 days of pain. The pain is now gone but the side effects of the drugs I was on are not.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
My grandpa died today. He was 92 and lived a good long life. He wasn’t quite himself the past few years (very limited short term memory) so hopefully wherever he is now is a better place for him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
My grandpa died today. He was 92 and lived a good long life. He wasn’t quite himself the past few years (very limited short term memory) so hopefully wherever he is now is a better place for him.

Sorry to hear. Condolences to you and your family.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

He must have seen so much change over 92 years. Incredible life, I am sure.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I just passed a kidney stone after 4 days of pain. The pain is now gone but the side effects of the drugs I was on are not.
I've had a few over the years, they're indeed very painful. But never had one that took days to pass, ouch! Mine typically took a few hours.

As for the drugs they give you to handle the pain, the one I was given once was way too potent, so I understand having to deal with side effects. With more experience with these pesky stones now I just go with an Advil and a prayer that is passes, but well for 4 days of pain I imagine that is a no-go.

You've referred to your advanced age in the past, do you mind me asking how old you are? Because I was once told that kidney stones tend to no longer occur after you hit your 50s, and I was looking forward to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad