OT: Sens Lounge CIV - Keep your damned hands off the door edition

Wipers up or down for a winter storm?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
My grandpa died today. He was 92 and lived a good long life. He wasn’t quite himself the past few years (very limited short term memory) so hopefully wherever he is now is a better place for him.

So sorry for your loss.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Hope it works out well for you. Get well soon.

I just passed a kidney stone after 4 days of pain. The pain is now gone but the side effects of the drugs I was on are not.

Ouch man. Sounds pretty rough. Hopefully the side effects are gone soon.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
My grandpa died today. He was 92 and lived a good long life. He wasn’t quite himself the past few years (very limited short term memory) so hopefully wherever he is now is a better place for him.

Condolences man. I watched my grandpa succumb to Parkinson’s - was almost a relief when he passed. He wasn’t really my grandpa anymore by the end.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I've had a few over the years, they're indeed very painful. But never had one that took days to pass, ouch! Mine typically took a few hours.

As for the drugs they give you to handle the pain, the one I was given once was way too potent, so I understand having to deal with side effects. With more experience with these pesky stones now I just go with an Advil and a prayer that is passes, but well for 4 days of pain I imagine that is a no-go.

You've referred to your advanced age in the past, do you mind me asking how old you are? Because I was once told that kidney stones tend to no longer occur after you hit your 50s, and I was looking forward to that...

I have passed 3 stones: the first about 23 years ago, the second about 13 years ago, and this last one. The first two took about 6 to 8 hours each. This last one was 3 mm and took 4 days. I was taking morphine and high dose Naproxen. I am 70.5 years young from my glass half full perspective. :)

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

sorry to hear of your loss. 92 means a good long life.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Sorry to hear. Condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

He must have seen so much change over 92 years. Incredible life, I am sure.

Sorry to hear

So sorry for your loss.

Condolences man. I watched my grandpa succumb to Parkinson’s - was almost a relief when he passed. He wasn’t really my grandpa anymore by the end.

sorry to hear of your loss. 92 means a good long life.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Saw the new Star Wars this past week. Probably liked it best of the new trilogy, though that's not really saying all that much

Reactions: Icelevel

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
You are doing the right thing. Hopefully they can get you back to 100% soon.

Get well soon, dude! :)

Well the tingling in the face is gone today so that's good. But the past 30 hours or so my left foot has been literally ice cold. But not to the touch. My other foot and hands are cold too but not nearly at the level of my left foot. It's all just very strange. Dr I saw last night thinks it very well could be stress and anxiety driven since I have something serious going on right now. I have my doubts that's the cause but I'm not a doctor. He thinks it might go away on its own. Here's hoping!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Saw the new Star Wars this past week. Probably liked it best of the new trilogy, though that's not really saying all that much
The story didn't make much sense (except for things that were very predictable) and there was no suspense, but somehow it still managed to pack a bit of emotional punch.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Watched Tom Cruise’s latest movie, American Made. On Netflix.
Doug Liman director of Edge of Tomorrow again.

Both really good movies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Hi everyone, not positive I am in the right place so forgive me if I am not.

I am from Chicago and for a variety of reasons my fiance and I are talking about moving in the next couple of years. One of the options that has come up recently is Ottawa even though we have never visited. Was wondering if I could get some general thoughts about what it would be like moving there from the US. We are both big into outdoors activities, are kind of past our main going out phase and would be looking to buy a house/start a family.

1. Is the real estate market alright in Ottawa? We're looking to buy a house and the prices in Chicago are becoming crazy.

2. In general, what is the city vibe like? Is there enough going on in the city for an early 30s couple?

3. What is the job market like for non-citizens? We are both in education.

Anything else unique you could share would be great, thanks!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hi everyone, not positive I am in the right place so forgive me if I am not.

I am from Chicago and for a variety of reasons my fiance and I are talking about moving in the next couple of years. One of the options that has come up recently is Ottawa even though we have never visited. Was wondering if I could get some general thoughts about what it would be like moving there from the US. We are both big into outdoors activities, are kind of past our main going out phase and would be looking to buy a house/start a family.

1. Is the real estate market alright in Ottawa? We're looking to buy a house and the prices in Chicago are becoming crazy.

2. In general, what is the city vibe like? Is there enough going on in the city for an early 30s couple?

3. What is the job market like for non-citizens? We are both in education.

Anything else unique you could share would be great, thanks!
Perfect city for a young 30's couple. 1 hour from the US boarder, 2 hours from Montreal, 5 hours from Toronto. 90 minutes from skiing. Surrounded by Hundreds of lakes. Real estate is starting to get crazy at least for Ottawa. Nothing compared to Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad