Pre-Game Talk: SENS in St.Louis tonight 8:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You really think this isn't an issue? How about this team's policy of calling up players after 5:00pm so they don't have to pay them a full days NHL salary, is that a non-issue too? If Chlapik felt stiff/sore, pretty sure it would be rather irresponsible of him to inform the team at 1:00pm.

Everything this org does lately reeks of $$ issues.

OK, Maybe I am reading way to much into it.

You think Ottawa's the only team to wait till 5pm to make a transaction? I bet you can find an example of every team in the league doing the same thing. You'll never see me defend Melnyk but theses $$$ issues are being completely overblown. You had people suggesting Dido was traded for Dumont but they did it through waivers because TB had to pay OTT $38,000 more to claim Dido than Ottawa had to pay TB to claim Dumont. Then yesterday you had the claims that certain players were called up when because they had lesser salaries. It's completely out of hand.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Dont understand that kid ,he looks like he could be just what the bottom 6 could use .And seems to be exactly that in the AHL ,but when he gets up here he just seems lost for some reason
Apparently he suffers from really severe nerves/stress when he's called up to the NHL. Boucher confirmed that a whole back in a scrum I believe.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Apparently he suffers from really severe nerves/stress when he's called up to the NHL. Boucher confirmed that a whole back in a scrum I believe.
He needs to just forget about that and just play his game,I honestly think there may be a good player there if he can do that

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You think Ottawa's the only team to wait till 5pm to make a transaction? I bet you can find an example of every team in the league doing the same thing. You'll never see me defend Melnyk but theses $$$ issues are being completely overblown. You had people suggesting Dido was traded for Dumont but they did it through waivers because TB had to pay OTT $38,000 more to claim Dido than Ottawa had to pay TB to claim Dumont. Then yesterday you had the claims that certain players were called up when because they had lesser salaries. It's completely out of hand.

I did admit I may be looking into it too much but this darn franchise gets me so worked up sometimes...lol

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I did admit I may be looking into it too much but this darn franchise gets me so worked up sometimes...lol
I bet ther teams would want to at least have a rookie be present during practice before they throw him into the lineup the next game. Especially when your team is struggling.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I bet ther teams would want to at least have a rookie be present during practice before they throw him into the lineup the next game. Especially when your team is struggling.

This is pretty much what I am getting at, maybe I just not getting my point across.

The team obviously knew that Chlapik was not going to play before Boucher's 1:00pm meeting with the media, why not have McCormick on a plane this morning to make it on time to watch film with the rest of the team that he will be playing with tonight.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is pretty much what I am getting at, maybe I just not getting my point across.

The team obviously knew that Chlapik was not going to play before Boucher's 1:00pm meeting with the media, why not have McCormick on a plane this morning to make it on time to watch film with the rest of the team that he will be playing with tonight.

cause they are all a bunch of dummies... no other explanation. They had to know and decided to do nothing lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dont understand that kid ,he looks like he could be just what the bottom 6 could use .And seems to be exactly that in the AHL ,but when he gets up here he just seems lost for some reason
For some reason? He’s not very good there’s your reason.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
cause they are all a bunch of dummies... no other explanation. They had to know and decided to do nothing lol
Well last week they did specifically say “we know we need to call someone up and we will do that after 5pm”. I’m not saying it’s to save a couple thousand bucks but there’s defeinitely something with that time. And one of the reporters on Twitter specifically said after 5 they don’t pay salary for that day. Or something.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well last week they did specifically say “we know we need to call someone up and we will do that after 5pm”. I’m not saying it’s to save a couple thousand bucks but there’s defeinitely something with that time. And one of the reporters on Twitter specifically said after 5 they don’t pay salary for that day. Or something.

NHL day starts at 5pm, so if you get called up at 2pm you get pay for one day and then 3 hours later you get pay for another day but I don’t see how that applies here though. The accusation is that the senators waited to make call up, what’s the benefit in waiting?

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Chlapik has taken a beating every game since he's been called up, not surprised he's finally hurt lol.

Time to see what we got in Mccormick for his 1-way deal next season!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The Senators recalled Max McCormick from their American Hockey League affiliate in Belleville and he was supposed to suit up in St. Louis, but his travel wasn’t going to allow him to make it, the recall was cancelled. The club instead dressed defenceman Erik Burgdoerfor, who had been called up Monday.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That team...:laugh:

They knew this was a possibility prior to going forward with the transaction. What are they to do when they find out about a player not being able to play 7 hours before a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille