Pre-Game Talk: SENS in PENS, tues 7:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So I just tuned in... out-shooting them 25 shots to 10 but we're the ones down 4 to 2? How are we playing?

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Aside from Phaneuf who's been benched and Condon who's been pulled the team has actually looked really good. One of their better efforts in awhile. Boro continues to be a light in a dark season.

SENSability

Oct 13, 2017
Anyone ever wonder why we cheer for this team?
Not me. They're my team and I'll cheer for them in good times and bad times. I might not agree with a lot of things that the coach/GM/owner do, but they're still my team. I might not care for some of the players but they're still my team. I'm certainly not happy with the way they've played this year, but as the captain goes, so does the team. . . and yet, they're still my team. And they'll be my team next year and the year after . . . hmmm . . . unless they get rid of Karlsson, then I might reconsider. lol ;)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I would say Goal 3 and 4 are on Condon.. Condon obviously over played it on G3... and just whiffed on G4

He did overplay it, he had to be aggressive with Hagelin beating Karlsson wide and you had four guys puck watching.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He did overplay it, he had to be aggressive with Hagelin beating Karlsson wide and you had four guys puck watching.

If the goali himself doesn't track the puck, he's the first one to blame.

On the first or second goal he gave a rebound right to Guentzel who was in front of the net. Phaneuf should've had him locked up but that is still one juicy rebound.

Compare that to Murray who managed to make saves even when his players didn't cover their guys and that's the difference tonight.

Reactions: Cosmix

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's up taking a stride to the other side of the net when the puck comes back the way he just left..
As is every goalie, everytime that behind the back pass happens. What allows that play to happen is poor defending,.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Not me. They're my team and I'll cheer for them in good times and bad times. I might not agree with a lot of things that the coach/GM/owner do, but they're still my team. I might not care for some of the players but they're still my team. I'm certainly not happy with the way they've played this year, but as the captain goes, so does the team. . . and yet, they're still my team. And they'll be my team next year and the year after . . . hmmm . . . unless they get rid of Karlsson, then I might reconsider. lol ;)
Woah it was meant to be rhetorical/sarcastic. You went in on that one lol

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As is every goalie, everytime that behind the back pass happens. What allows that play to happen is poor defending,.

Not always.

But I get it...team as a whole has been trash in our zone for most of the season. But the goalies haven't bailed out the team at all this year, either.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not always.

But I get it...team as a whole has been trash in our zone for most of the season. But the goalies haven't bailed out the team at all this year, either.

Definitely not suggesting that the goaltenders have been good, because they haven't been but I don't think they've been nearly as bad as some think. Goaltending isn't the reason this team is where they are right now. It's been a lack of commitment to defending, especially the front of the net. I felt last season they made it easy for the goaltenders to play well, where as this year I would say they've made it hard for them to play well.

SENSability

Oct 13, 2017
Woah it was meant to be rhetorical/sarcastic. You went in on that one lol
Guess I didn't see the sarcastic emoticon. :huh: But yes, I did go all in. If you notice there's another post (#102) somewhat like yours just above, so it's not like some fans don't actually feel that way. I haven't been around here long enough to figure out who's who and who's serious or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad