Pre-Game Talk: SENS in old Montreal, Wednesday 7:30pm on SporstNet

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Jesus... The lenght people will go to say anything against Melnyk is actually insane.

I asked a question about a tweet I saw that was deleted. If you don't have the answer, which you don't, then just ignore and move on.

FYI, if you actually read back a little, my question was answered.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I stand corrected........ but I still assume it uses the speed limit, which everyone on the 417 respects, in it's calculation, right?
My assumption is that they use location data from phones and then use algorythms to de-aggregate the transit users from cars and times of travel to estimate travel times, which means they'd assume flow of traffic regarless of speed limits. I could be wrong, but that's how I would do it if I were them. They may filter out data from people way over the limit too in order to make their estimates more realistic for the average user.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
OK. If Sens lose this game in humiliating manor, is this last game for Boucher ? Its not popular, but I hope it is. Don't see him ride this ship to PO with SYSTEM.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
OK. If Sens lose this game in humiliating manor, is this last game for Boucher ? Its not popular, but I hope it is. Don't see him ride this ship to PO with SYSTEM.

No he's not even close to that point imo

Dorion is very loyal to him. It will take a lot more losses for him to fire GB

Reactions: MarkStone

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, there is no way Boucher loses his job this year. No matter what happens. He built up enough cache with the PO run last year. Now, if we start slow next year, he could be gone.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yeah, there is no way Boucher loses his job this year. No matter what happens. He built up enough cache with the PO run last year. Now, if we start slow next year, he could be gone.

While I definitely agree that Boucher will be here all season, we do have to realize that this has happened before in the org.

MacLean lost his job midway through the year after winning the Jack Adams
John Paddock was fired the same season after leading the Sens to a record setting start to the season

This org has had coaches do unbelievable things only to have the next season completely unravel on them, in Paddocks case it was all within the same season. Not to say this is happening with Boucher, but there are a few similarities with what happened to both of the team's mentioned above. The players look disinterested right now, they looked the same as they did for MacLean when he was let go. In MacLean's case, he seemed to be just as stubborn as Boucher is being. So, I wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary for Boucher to lose his job.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, they are somewhat similar situation, but you missed the part where I wrote that Boucher built up enough cache to not get fired this year. MacLean had more than 2 years of built up good will, but then the wheels came off and he "lost" the room. Paddock had absolutely no cache built up and was axed quickly. I will be *very* surprised if Boucher is let go this year. Unless we don't win another game this season.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If we lose this game we're toast. This isn't a must win game, this is a state of the franchise game. This is where are the Sens at emotionally, will to compete, will to win, talent level - this is a game that determines where we go this season. Win and there's hope, lose and we are a shell of the 2017 version.

If we lose this game it means the players aren't willing to play hard, it's really that simple.

We lose this game and let's start talking draftday and who we can trade at the deadline.

Eeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Carey Price is back to playing like Carey Price, and we can't score at the best of times. Odds are that we are in for a long night and yet another soul crushing loss...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Andy always plays well in Montreal, the players love it. So perfect remedy to find their game. We've had a nice break, are in a city where the fanbase is rejuvenated and excited and they just passed us in the standings.

If we lose this game we're toast. This isn't a must win game, this is a state of the franchise game. This is where are the Sens at emotionally, will to compete, will to win, talent level - this is a game that determines where we go this season. Win and there's hope, lose and we are a shell of the 2017 version.

If we lose this game it means the players aren't willing to play hard, it's really that simple.

We lose this game and let's start talking draftday and who we can trade at the deadline.
2605350-itstimetost128501890719375000.jpg

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Didn't MacLean lose his job a season and a half after winning the Jack Adams?[/QUOTE

a little bit less than a season and a half but yeah. Won after 2012/2013 season, missed playoffs in 2013/2014, poor start to 2014/2015, fired after 27 games.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Andy always plays well in Montreal, the players love it. So perfect remedy to find their game. We've had a nice break, are in a city where the fanbase is rejuvenated and excited and they just passed us in the standings.

So we should pretty much expect a blowout loss then.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
All under our last GMs regime (of revolving door).... :sarcasm:

While I definitely agree that Boucher will be here all season, we do have to realize that this has happened before in the org.

MacLean lost his job midway through the year after winning the Jack Adams
John Paddock was fired the same season after leading the Sens to a record setting start to the season

This org has had coaches do unbelievable things only to have the next season completely unravel on them, So, I wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary for Boucher to lose his job.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Eeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Certainly over the top but the general sentiment holds up a bit, at a certain point here if the bleeding isn't stopped, there really won't be much hope left in the season.

I finally felt comfortable proclaiming that the Sens were a good/strong team after a year and a half of telling myself to be patient in the proclamations, about a week later the wheels appear to have completely fallen off lol

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Didn't MacLean lose his job a season and a half after winning the Jack Adams?

Jack Adams is essentially an extension of the Vezina at this point, I'm not sure how much stock you can put into it especially during a short season. Not whatsoever belittling MacLean because I didn't mind him at all, but I would genuinely hope that a competent management staff could see through potential anomalies like a shortened season with unsustainably/historically high save% and make a rational decision on how much impact a coach truly had on that.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Practice in Rockland...which they do once a year, then after practice continue on to Montreal. Chezz just being Chezz again.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Jack Adams is essentially an extension of the Vezina at this point, I'm not sure how much stock you can put into it especially during a short season. Not whatsoever belittling MacLean because I didn't mind him at all, but I would genuinely hope that a competent management staff could see through potential anomalies like a shortened season with unsustainably/historically high save% and make a rational decision on how much impact a coach truly had on that.

You mean the Norris? haha.

#KarlssonGettinRobbed

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Rockland facility is a hockey school...ie kids live on site ...take classes at the facility and train there.
Probably 15k to send your kid there.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

If Boucher is fired 20 games in after last year's run, we will never get any coach worthwhile to be willing to come to Ottawa.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Boucher is here until minimum the end of next year. Not paying any more coaches to do nothing.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Trios #Sens: Hoff-Duchene-Stone, Smith-Brassard-Ryan, Dzingel-Pageau-Pyatt, Dumont-Thompson-Burrows
— Nicolas St-Pierre (@nic_stpierre) November 28, 2017

YES YES OMG ITS HAPPENING!!! Keep these lines together, Guy.​

Reactions: Deku

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Trios #Sens: Hoff-Duchene-Stone, Smith-Brassard-Ryan, Dzingel-Pageau-Pyatt, Dumont-Thompson-Burrows
— Nicolas St-Pierre (@nic_stpierre) November 28, 2017

YES YES OMG ITS HAPPENING!!! Keep these lines together, Guy.​
That 2nd line is gross though. So slow. Can't see them accomplishing a whole lot without heavy offensive zone deployment, which I guess could work with Pageau and Duchene getting most of the defensive zone work.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Practice in Rockland...which they do once a year, then after practice continue on to Montreal. Chezz just being Chezz again.

Practice was today, they all go home after practice, and they depart tomorrow for Montreal, not today after practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad