Pre-Game Talk: SENS in old Montreal, Wednesday 7:30pm on SporstNet

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I still think a Chabot for Drouin trade would of happened seeing as Chabot is ranked higher then Sergachev.

And we’d still have so many assets that trade with, 2 x 1st round picks gets you an excellent Forward or D for a cup run, let’s say he rest included in the Turris trade gets you Chara.

Drouin - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brass - Stone
Hoff - Pageau - Dzingel
Burrows - Thompson - Patty

Chara - EK
Dion - Ceci
Chabot - Harpur
Boro - Wideman
Oduya

Tons of depth, great PP and PK players, size, speed, experience - great lineup with a different use of players

Didn't you just trade Chabot in your "fake" trade here? And who needs Drouin when we have top 6 forward Tom Pyatt on a reasonable deal.

Also, remember it was Ceci for Drouin straight up. Chabot (the better player) could just slide into Ceci's spot.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The yet part is pretty crucial. Dorion's only been here just over a year and has already managed to sign 4 bad contracts and make 3 crippling trades. Imagine if he gets the same amount of time as Bergevin.
Dorion and Boucher took us to the ECF which is furthur than we have been in 10 years but ya keep spreading your bs. 'crippling trades' do you even hear yourself speak ?

:help:

Reactions: Brethers

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Dorion and Boucher took us to the ECF which is furthur than we have been in 10 years but ya keep spreading your bs. 'crippling trades' do you even hear yourself speak ?

:help:
People like you keep saying stuff like this. And here we are on this losing streak, sinking to the bottom of the standings. Are you gonna keep clinging to an irrelevant past and ignore what's in front of you? This team is not acceptable.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Boucher better get away from his trap vs the Habs. Its been destroyed in multiple meetings with Julien.

We don't prey on the weakness of that team and their lack of puck movement from the backend. Instead of pressure, we let them give it to their forwards deep in the defensive zone to skate with a head of steam through the neutral zone and over the blue line. Tons and tons of chances generated this way in the past few meeting with Montreal. Most teams are doing this to us now. Our neutral zone play is abysmal because of its predictability.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Boucher better get away from his trap vs the Habs. Its been destroyed in multiple meetings with Julien.

We don't prey on the weakness of that team and their lack of puck movement from the backend. Instead of pressure, we let them give it to their forwards deep in the defensive zone to skate with a head of steam through the neutral zone and over the blue line. Tons and tons of chances generated this way in the past few meeting with Montreal. Most teams are doing this to us now. Our neutral zone play is abysmal because of its predictability.

There's a balance between sitting back and forechecking but they haven't found it enough so far this season. The Toronto game was a good example of a game where they found a good balance. They were able to limit the time Toronto's defensemen had without opening up and making it a run and gun game. Adjustments are made game to game and tweaks are made as the season progresses but they will always trap. Just compare the way they forechecked in columbus and washington to how they did against the islanders.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
People like you keep saying stuff like this. And here we are on this losing streak, sinking to the bottom of the standings. Are you gonna keep clinging to an irrelevant past and ignore what's in front of you? This team is not acceptable.

Remember, its not that bad, we got a loser point somewhere in this losing streak. :sarcasm: Everyone is supposed to be happy with loser points.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

It's November, not March. It feels like every October, people forget what happened in the previous 82 games.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I still think a Chabot for Drouin trade would of happened seeing as Chabot is ranked higher then Sergachev.

And we’d still have so many assets that trade with, 2 x 1st round picks gets you an excellent Forward or D for a cup run, let’s say he rest included in the Turris trade gets you Chara.

Drouin - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brass - Stone
Hoff - Pageau - Dzingel
Burrows - Thompson - Patty

Chara - EK
Dion - Ceci
Chabot - Harpur
Boro - Wideman
Oduya

Tons of depth, great PP and PK players, size, speed, experience - great lineup with a different use of players

Ottawa was never going to trade Chabot, and your scenario is 100% wishful thinking, and only exists in fantasy.

Ottawa knew, after the summer of negotiations, that Turris was not going to re-sign with Ottawa, and was headed for free agency.

Plus the "picks" you think that would have contributed to a Cup run, would not help this years team, currently in a "Win Now" mode ....... as they are years from being in the NHL.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa was never going to trade Chabot, and your scenario is 100% wishful thinking, and only exists in fantasy.

Ottawa knew, after the summer of negotiations, that Turris was not going to re-sign with Ottawa, and was headed for free agency.

Plus the "picks" you think that would have contributed to a Cup run, would not help this years team, currently in a "Win Now" mode ....... as they are years from being in the NHL.

I think it’s dishonest and disingenuous to say Turris wouldn’t sign here. If management offered him 7 x $6 I’m sure it would be done and he’d retire a Sen.

And we’d still have all the trade assets as I’ve listed above.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
According to a now deleted tweet by one of the Citizen guys, looks like the Sens will be taking a BUS to Montreal for Wednesday's game. Looks like Euge is really tightening the budget. The train must be getting expensive.

I know Montreal is very close, but is this normal?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
According to a now deleted tweet by one of the Citizen guys, looks like the Sens will be taking a BUS to Montreal for Wednesday's game. Looks like Euge is really tightening the budget. The train must be getting expensive.

Very normal.

The Leafs have all the money in the world and they take a team bus every time they play Buffalo.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Those 2 teams usually take the bus back and forth.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I'm guarantying a WIN for the SENS, right here, right now~~~~. (I will not be responsible for your foolish bets)..:)

senators-happy-canadiens-sad.jpg

NHL_2017_2018_Senators.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think it’s dishonest and disingenuous to say Turris wouldn’t sign here. If management offered him 7 x $6 I’m sure it would be done and he’d retire a Sen.

And we’d still have all the trade assets as I’ve listed above.

Again, both sides, Turris and his agent, and the Senators stated they could not come to an agreement to a contract, over the summer. It became clear he was asking more than what the Sens wanted to offer him.......... with future contracts (Stone Karlsson) in mind ......... therefore he was going to become an UFA.

Are you suggesting they should have caved into his demands, and then be unable to sign Stone, Karlsson and others in the future?

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Remember, its not that bad, we got a loser point somewhere in this losing streak. :sarcasm: Everyone is supposed to be happy with loser points.

So are you suggesting the Senators refuse to accept the "loser" point when they fail to win in either OT or the SO?

In the regular season, teams try to accumulate as many points as possible, so why are you so unhappy with the "loser" points acquired?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

They always take the bus.

It's not even two hours away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA