Pre-Game Talk: SENS in old Montreal, Wednesday 7:30pm on SporstNet

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Last game of the month!

This is the slump breaker game and will dictate what the Outdoor Game will go like, 2 weeks later. (Dec. 16)

sens O.jpg
vs. :habs

Last edited:

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
Bergevin and Dorion should team up and write a book called "How to waste the prime years of a generational talent." I'd read it.

Although I'm not going to act like Dorion is the best GM in the league or anything close to it, to compare him to Bergevin or to even suggest he is similar, is just idiotic. He hasn't hampered our team to that extent... yet...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Although I'm not going to act like Dorion is the best GM in the league or anything close to it, to compare him to Bergevin or to even suggest he is similar, is just idiotic. He hasn't hampered our team to that extent... yet...
The yet part is pretty crucial. Dorion's only been here just over a year and has already managed to sign 4 bad contracts and make 3 crippling trades. Imagine if he gets the same amount of time as Bergevin.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The yet part is pretty crucial. Dorion's only been here just over a year and has already managed to sign 4 bad contracts and make 3 crippling trades. Imagine if he gets the same amount of time as Bergevin.

Which are the bad contracts, and the crippling trades?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Losing games is hard on the morale eh bro :lol:

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Very winnable game. I though our goal tending and pp are looking better, and Boucher indicated that he liked the top lines from last game

Pyatt/Duchene/Stone
Brass/Ryan/Smith

Although I'd replace Pyatt, hes been doing pretty well and his retrival ability with Duchenes net drive could be solid.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Makes you wonder if we should of kept Turris at 6 x $6 and just traded Chabot for Drouin, Drouin is day is as good as Duchene is, and cheaper salary and asset cost

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Makes you wonder if we should of kept Turris at 6 x $6 and just traded Chabot for Drouin, Drouin is day is as good as Duchene is, and cheaper salary and asset cost

Turris at $6M x 6yrs, was never an option for either Turris, or the Sens, both have said so in the media, many times. Once the season started without Turris having a new contract, it was obvious his time with the Sens was coming to an end.

There is no use in second guessing the trade, and using a option than was never on the table as a reason to do so, is an exercise in futility.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Very winnable game. I though our goal tending and pp are looking better, and Boucher indicated that he liked the top lines from last game

Pyatt/Duchene/Stone
Brass/Ryan/Smith

Although I'd replace Pyatt, hes been doing pretty well and his retrival ability with Duchenes net drive could be solid.

Tom Pyatt should be nowhere near the top 6 on any hockey team.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Turris at $6M x 6yrs, was never an option for either Turris, or the Sens, both have said so in the media, many times. Once the season started without Turris having a new contract, it was obvious his time with the Sens was coming to an end.

There is no use in second guessing the trade, and using a option than was never on the table as a reason to do so, is an exercise in futility.

I still think a Chabot for Drouin trade would of happened seeing as Chabot is ranked higher then Sergachev.

And we’d still have so many assets that trade with, 2 x 1st round picks gets you an excellent Forward or D for a cup run, let’s say he rest included in the Turris trade gets you Chara.

Drouin - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brass - Stone
Hoff - Pageau - Dzingel
Burrows - Thompson - Patty

Chara - EK
Dion - Ceci
Chabot - Harpur
Boro - Wideman
Oduya

Tons of depth, great PP and PK players, size, speed, experience - great lineup with a different use of players

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00