Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Sunday 1:00pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Who cares if we win at this point anyway, its better for us to keep losing, then when the season is over we can start the clean up and rebuilding.

P.S. oh yeah i forget GO EAGLES!!!!! I hate the Pats, Brady and Belichick :thumbd:

Reactions: Alex1234

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
It's funny.. I've been hearing all this talk about what a horrible coach we have..what a brutal system we have for how many years now?? Let's see...Clouston, MacLean, Cameron, and now Boucher. When does it occur to any of us that maybe it's the players on the ice that just aren't good enough.

And for the comment about the D never getting the puck out of their zone, it's a five man effort to get the puck out and the forwards are often guilty of not doing their part.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It's funny.. I've been hearing all this talk about what a horrible coach we have..what a brutal system we have for how many years now?? Let's see...Clouston, MacLean, Cameron, and now Boucher. When does it occur to any of us that maybe it's the players on the ice that just aren't good enough.

And for the comment about the D never getting the puck out of their zone, it's a five man effort to get the puck out and the forwards are often guilty of not doing their part.
All those coaches were hired cheap. You get what you paid for

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
If the players aren't playing the systems (which is mostly the case when the team loses judging by the post game interviews) it should be more on the players than the coach. Getting rid of Boucher will only complicate things further, keep the coach that gives us the chance to win against any team in the playoffs.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If the players aren't playing the systems (which is mostly the case when the team loses judging by the post game interviews) it should be more on the players than the coach. Getting rid of Boucher will only complicate things further, keep the coach that gives us the chance to win against any team in the playoffs.
If the system isn't working then you change it up.

Reactions: Deku

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
All those coaches were hired cheap. You get what you paid for

Bruce Cassidy is cheap too, yet Boston is one of the best teams in the league. It’s not just coaching. Roster isn’t good enough. We should be better than this, but it’s been a while since we’ve been one of the better regular season teams in the league.

Reactions: DrEasy

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Bruce Cassidy is cheap too, yet Boston is one of the best teams in the league. It’s not just coaching. Roster isn’t good enough. We should be better than this, but it’s been a while since we’ve been one of the better regular season teams in the league.
Do you honestly think that Boucher is maximizing the current roster?

Reactions: JungleBeat

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Do you honestly think that Boucher is maximizing the current roster?

No, I don’t. But I don’t believe hiring an expensive coach would fix everything. We’ve made lots of bad trades, drafted poorly in the first round more than you’d like to and given out some awful contracts.

I’m not saying coaching hasn’t been a problem since Murray replaced Muckler. It has been. Is it our only problem? No. Could everything be magically fixed with an experienced head coach? No.

Also we had success with Boucher last year. We had success with MacLean in his first two seasons. We had success with Clouston in his first full season. It’s not like things never worked with those guys.

Reactions: DrEasy

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Depending on the Lottery Draft to improve your team in the long term, is not a sound plan to build a solid team.

Edmonton is a good example, and to a lesser extent the Sabres. There has to be much more than just the Lottery.

Nobody's saying Svechnikov or Zadina or if we are lucky enough, Dahlin, would be all that it takes to turn it around. It's one key part of it though. Obviously the team won't be successful next season if they don't get good goaltending, if Karlsson isn't Karlsson, and they don't get better seasons from more key players.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I do believe we have something like 2-3 players on the roster who have been around that long. We hire poor coaches, and have a poor roster.

It's starting to look quite probable that we will be giving Colorado a top 5 pick in 2019. The problems on this team will not fix themselves over the summer or with a new coach (even though we need a new coach).

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Who cares if we win at this point anyway, its better for us to keep losing, then when the season is over we can start the clean up and rebuilding.

P.S. oh yeah i forget GO EAGLES!!!!! I hate the Pats, Brady and Belichick :thumbd:
Cant cheer for cheaters

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

And WHO is responsible for getting theses players? The current GM, the past GM and his cronies one of whom is the current GM.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Hmmm That must ease the pressure on Dorion especially since Duchene has been coming along nicely recently- a complete switch from the early days.

Nevertheless no matter how Turris is doing,Bouchers system is not one that is likely to draw players here, quite the opposite.
I think Duchene has played OK since he got here. The points weren't coming early on, but he was among the best of a bad lot. I'm really impressed with his speed, strength and agility. He's great along the boards, and he's got moves that haven't been invented yet. I'd love to see him on a functioning team.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Dorion will not get fired. You don't get fired after one bad season. He is a great scout and knows young players very well. Perfect for a re-tool.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
He won't get fired because we don't have the money to hire an outside talent, plus no self respecting executive is gonna want to come here and deal with the clown show that is this organization and ownership. Same situation with coaches, experienced and high salary coaches aren't gonna come here because 1. We can't afford them. 2. Dealing with this owner. Just as how Boudreau used us to just negotiate a higher salary in Minnesota. You want to have less turn over at the coaching level? stop hiring cheap ass coaches.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He won't get fired because we don't have the money to hire an outside talent, plus no self respecting executive is gonna want to come here and deal with the clown show that is this organization and ownership. Same situation with coaches, experienced and high salary coaches aren't gonna come here because 1. We can't afford them. 2. Dealing with this owner. Just as how Boudreau used us to just negotiate a higher salary in Minnesota. You want to have less turn over at the coaching level? stop hiring cheap ass coaches.
Meh.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad