Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Sunday 1:00pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Boucher will be lucky to find an assistant coaching job after his stint here. Same path that our other inexperienced coaches have gone through.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Dorion will not get fired. You don't get fired after one bad season. He is a great scout and knows young players very well. Perfect for a re-tool.

I think the same goes for Boucher ......... given the number of coaches that have been jettisoned after a short stay in Ottawa.

FirstDorion must address the biggest issues on the roster, assuming Karlsson is going to play the 2018-19 season in a Senators uniform, then he needs a regular partner equal to, or better than the standard that Methot established.
Second, he needs to replace McArther with an equal or better player

I think if Dorion fires him now, or before the 2018-19 season, it looks bad on him, so I see Boucher returning, and clock starts ticking, and if the results are not satisfactory by US Thanksgiving at the earliest, or Christmas at the latest........... something is done.

Reactions: pzeeman

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
They played 1 good period /6 last weekend (not counting OT)

The disease is really deep in this team

Not sure a retool can fix that mess

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I think if Dorion fires him now, or before the 2018-19 season, it looks bad on him, so I see Boucher returning, and clock starts ticking, and if the results are not satisfactory by US Thanksgiving at the earliest, or Christmas at the latest........... something is done.

You could also argue that keeping a shitty coach looks bad on him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Boucher will be lucky to find an assistant coaching job after his stint here. Same path that our other inexperienced coaches have gone through.

At least Boucher had some NHL experience. You'd think he'd have learned from that experience. Alas.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
I would be more receptive to keeping Boucher if we didn't look as terrible as we have. We look like a team that has completely lost its way.

Agreed. It sucks to continue the coaching carousel, but this season is indefensible.

Reactions: Deku

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Dorion will not get fired. You don't get fired after one bad season. He is a great scout and knows young players very well. Perfect for a re-tool.

Unfortunately, a GM doesn't have much opportunity to go on scouting trips. And the longer Dorion is 'out of the loop,' the harder it will be to identify the good kids and make best use of those scouting skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad