Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Sunday 1:00pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Problem with oduya is a lot of us thought he’d be ok. But as karlssons partner?

Yeah if Oduya was being used properly as a #6 D I don't think many would complain. Problem is, no one else has really been deserving of playing with Karlsson either because we never got a proper Methot replacement

Reactions: Cosmix and Xspyrit

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yeah if Oduya was being used properly as a #6 D I don't think many would complain. Problem is, no one else has really been deserving of playing with Karlsson either because we never got a proper Methot replacement

I'll never understand why we didn't try these as the top 4 pairings:

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci

Alternate Phaneuf and Chabot as EK's partners... Is it me or that has literally never been tried?

Phaneuf is the closest thing to Methot we have, and he provides much more offence. Anyways. Too late now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well last I checked which was a while ago granted. There was a notable uptick in numbers when claessen was paired with him. Now, claessen has been bad this season. I was super high on him after the playoffs last year, but he just hasn’t been good. But as EKs partner. I think he has to be the guy. Play him there now. See if they gel some more.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Well last I checked which was a while ago granted. There was a notable uptick in numbers when claessen was paired with him. Now, claessen has been bad this season. I was super high on him after the playoffs last year, but he just hasn’t been good. But as EKs partner. I think he has to be the guy. Play him there now. See if they gel some more.

Yeah, it's not like he'd be worse than Oduya in that role. At worst it'd be about the same and there's some upside there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok Thompson literally had an opportunity to send ghallagher to next week. And he just refused. And a lot of people do this. Who is his dad does he come from some powerful family. I always get the sense he’s an untouchable. Like his own teammates get called for shit that he doesn’t.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, it's not like he'd be worse than Oduya in that role. At worst it'd be about the same and there's some upside there.
But to some here playing these guys is seen as some master plan to shop them. But then when wins were absolutely necessary they were still getting these important shifts lol.

Reactions: Cosmix and Deku

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
But to some here playing these guys is seen as some master plan to shop them. But then when wins were absolutely necessary they were still getting these important shifts lol.

"Master plan" easy there... It's just classic asset management. Most of them are on expiring deals or 1 year left, or still a semi-solid asset in Smith's case.

They were getting these important shifts because the coach is a moron. Now they're being played because the GM realized that they aren't very good and wants to get something in return for most of them. Different situations.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
:laugh:

35 games and counting without a goal...

At this point he could get better every game, and he'd still be garage league level by the last game of the season.
Yeah but a team is going to give us a 2nd round for him
Gotta showcase him...lol

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
"Master plan" easy there... It's just classic asset management. Most of them are on expiring deals or 1 year left, or still a semi-solid asset in Smith's case.

They were getting these important shifts because the coach is a moron. Now they're being played because the GM realized that they aren't very good and wants to get something in return for most of them. Different situations.
I don’t know where you make the distinction to fit your second point. Unless you’ve heard some convo between the two.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boy do we miss zibanejad and silfverberg

So much pain created with those asinine trades

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman gets a dive ,... its 4 on 4... Boucher changes the lines not leaving Duchene and White on after a 6 second shift.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
:laugh:

35 games and counting without a goal...

At this point he could get better every game, and he'd still be garage league level by the last game of the season.
The guy was “key” and “integral” to our PO rum last year. Dorion is a pro and know Lys better than everyone and acquired him. So every other GM being a pro and knowing better than everyone should give up at least. At least what we have up.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I don’t know where you make the distinction to fit your second point. Unless you’ve heard some convo between the two.

That the GM realized they're not very good? That's speculation/common sense on my part.

You can take out that sentence and my post has the same meaning.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

That the GM realized they're not very good? That's speculation/common sense on my part.

You can take out that sentence and my post has the same meaning.
common sense on your part but the GM is the guy who hunted these guys down and acquired them like, not that long ago.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Ayup. Silf is a rock-solid winger with fine two-way game and a shootout beast, whilst Zib is a nightlife producer and quite solid top six centre option. And they are both Swedish, which just adds to the package imo.
The Silf trade was a huge overpay, but hey, Ryan had it rough and likes puppies so it's good in the hood!
Hopefully Melnyk allows a buyout.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hoffman gets a dive ,... its 4 on 4... Boucher changes the lines not leaving Duchene and White on after a 6 second shift.
He is sooo afraid we get scored on
Still ..were 28th in GA
Obviously he's doing something wrong
Would it really changed something if he would let the talented player to try and gel together and create chemistry?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Zibanejad-Silfverberg

Would like to see that just for fun. Wtv. Idk how better off we would be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad