Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Sunday 1:00pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Were not talking about some 1st rounder here , were talking about Dahlin or Svechnikov who are deemed elite prospect like Matthews or Hischier

And its not about building from scratch with the draft but adding a solid piece that can help right away

We are in dire need of new scoring elite talent

Those two are

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I am.

1 draft pick isn't going to make a difference
My preference is that they lose more than they win so to end up with a top 10 pick and we trade away some bodies for assets. IMO, we can't carry the same lineup into next season.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Would love a top 5 pick, but would also like to see some of our good players actually play well.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
I have to watch to win, otherwise there is no reason to watch.

If you watch to lose then they will lose. Not just at the games but they will lose at the draft and in the summer and next year.

Ask Edmonton, if you hope for the 1st overall pick you might get it. But.... maybe it isn't just the 1st overall that we need.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I have to watch to win, otherwise there is no reason to watch.

If you watch to lose then they will lose. Not just at the games but they will lose at the draft and in the summer and next year.

Ask Edmonton, if you hope for the 1st overall pick you might get it. But.... maybe it wasn't just the 1st overall that we need.
The way to win is to not watch. Imma take a nap before the super bowl then play some dragon ball fighterz with my friends before kickoff.

In today's age of entertainment it would be an immense waste of one's time to watch these two teams play a game on a Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
There will be time to play a younger D man, once TDD is over.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yeah, it’s short sighted to be complaining about this stuff weeks before the deadline.

In October/November/December/January? Sure.

In March/April? Sure.

Right now? That’s exactly what the team should be doing. Play Oduya/Smith/Burrows/Thompson/Phaneuf/etc more than usual and hope a team sees something they like.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Depending on the Lottery Draft to improve your team in the long term, is not a sound plan to build a solid team.

Edmonton is a good example, and to a lesser extent the Sabres. There has to be much more than just the Lottery.

The draft lottery doesn't guarantee a good team, but it is difficult to become an elite team without it. There are two cup winners in the past 10 years that didn't have a number 1 pick .

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't understand people who would rather watch (or not watch) your favourite team to lose???? Doesn't sound like a fan to me. Sounds more like a whiney baby!
That not exactly what it is though. No one would rather watch us lose.

Do we know what phaneufs injury at the start of the year was? His skating is labored. To say the least this year

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anyways, Oduya looks like complete trash so that’s nice to see

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
You can see why it may be in the long term interests of the team to lose, but when I watch I want them to win every game, especially against Montreal and Toronto

Reactions: Sensinitis

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, it’s short sighted to be complaining about this stuff weeks before the deadline.

In March/April? Sure.

Right now? That’s exactly what the team should be doing. Play Oduya/Smith/Burrows/Thompson/Phaneuf/etc more than usual and hope a team sees something they like.

That's all that guy does. Was disappointed he joined the Athletic.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

In March/April? Sure.

Okay but reality is Boucher probably think these guys are integral to winning. How much more do teams need to be watching these guys? They haven’t seen enough. Especially that ALL of them are in the lineup?

If dorion manages to move these guys (if he even wants to) then I’ll be impressed.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Wow it’s Unbelievable that we just won 3 in a row ONCE this season...

Well it’s believable when you look at the standings, but damn.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Zack smith is great.

I don't need to put the sarcasm thing do I?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I remember watching O-tank-yeah in the pre-season and thinking he could be a solid addition to the team. He even scored on a wicked slapper and I was like woah.

...that worked out well. Should be a lesson to all of you. Expectations are a bitch lol.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Such a horseshit call. That wasn’t an egregious dive it’s just bringing the refs attention to it. Much like players wagging their hand after a slash

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I remember watching O-tank-yeah in the pre-season and thinking he could be a solid addition to the team. He even scored on a wicked slapper and I was like woah.

...that worked out well. Should be a lesson to all of you. Expectations are a ***** lol.
Problem with oduya is a lot of us thought he’d be ok. But as karlssons partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad