Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Edmonton, Saturday Night 10-00 pm on CBC

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Our summer consisted of Methot leaving, Mac retiring, EK having half his ankle removed, the signings of Oduya and Thompson, the tarping off of seats, and the owner blasting the fans on our chief rivals radio station once again. Ya, I'm shocked their was negativity.
Nah dude. The pros in charge of the team sounded optimistic to the media so any negativity is unfounded.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
There are brands to

What about the amount of positivity after 2 good games? Both sides guilty of the same crime. Just opposite end season of the spectrum.

the amount of positivity? that's funny. being positive or hopeful or optimistic is part of being a fan

the negativity on this board, under the guise of being realistic, speaks more to the dark clouds that follow some people in life than to the situation with this team.

we have slightly better than average goaltending and depth at the position.

we have the wolds best D man and a ton of depth at the position.

we lack an elite forward but have a ton of depth up front across all positions and some intriguing prospects.

we have a GM that was up for a league award and we live in a " you win some you lose some " world where our guy has to deal with other highly paid highly knowledgeable guys.

NyQuil hit it on the head the other day....the worst of it is applying 20 / 20 hindsight to every single transaction this team has.

we have a solid deep team with 1 superstar We're one superstar short of being a true contender.

all the negativity is noise and quite often it drowns out the opportunity to have real discussion about the team, about trades, about prospects, about anything that has to do with hockey really.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Literally no outlandish statement have been made since last night.

It's been super positive.

Of course, we won 3 in a row! I meant at other times, i mean the negativity will always be here and has a right to exist. The bad stuff is only the troll like posting of clearly over the top bs with insults to invoke reactions.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
the amount of positivity? that's funny. being positive or hopeful or optimistic is part of being a fan

the negativity on this board, under the guise of being realistic, speaks more to the dark clouds that follow some people in life than to the situation with this team.

we have slightly better than average goaltending and depth at the position.

we have the wolds best D man and a ton of depth at the position.

we lack an elite forward but have a ton of depth up front across all positions and some intriguing prospects.

we have a GM that was up for a league award and we live in a " you win some you lose some " world where our guy has to deal with other highly paid highly knowledgeable guys.

NyQuil hit it on the head the other day....the worst of it is applying 20 / 20 hindsight to every single transaction this team has.

we have a solid deep team with 1 superstar We're one superstar short of being a true contender.

all the negativity is noise and quite often it drowns out the opportunity to have real discussion about the team, about trades, about prospects, about anything that has to do with hockey really.
Dark clouds that follow people around in life. I actually thinks it's quite the opposite.

Much like people that always pick the great teams to cheer for. Speaks to insecurities in every day life they can't stand the thought or feeling of losing in their sports fandom. The people that take the teams side constantly and never say a word against it are the ones with the dark clouds. Siding with the pros Is safe.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Of course, we won 3 in a row! I meant at other times, i mean the negativity will always be here and has a right to exist. The bad stuff is only the troll like posting of clearly over the top bs with insults to invoke reactions.
Very little of that happens.

Although some here are touuuchy. I mean. I said I thought chabot was a faster straightaway skater and I honestly thought I killed pet dog.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Except you don't. He doesn't need to step up there. It's McDavid, just contain him outside until he makes the dump or tries to carry then lay the body.

If Boro gets dangled by McJesus then yeah I wouldn't care becuase like you said, it's McDavid, but when he goes for the unnecessary pinch against a highly skilled player before he needs to it's just annoying to watch.

Boro got a partial hit on McD when he stepped up as Boucher wants at the blue line or in the neutral zone. Turris was also there to take McD if Boro did not knock McD down. However, McD managed to awkwardly maintain his balance and made a nice pass to the D at the blue line. Boro’s mistake was to move towards the net instead of covering the Oilers Dman.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Boro got a partial hit on McD when he stepped up as Boucher wants at the blue line or in the neutral zone. Turris was also there to take McD if Boro did not knock McD down. However, McD managed to awkwardly maintain his balance and made a nice pass to the D at the blue line. Boro’s mistake was to move towards the net instead of covering the Oilers Dman.
Was there a change there? How did mcdavid got on the ice at the same time a second boro

RICKY SPANISH

Aug 16, 2016
Xspyrit used to talk about paranoia among the fanbase. He brought up good points. This is paranoia.

Of course. Ironic right after I post something pretty paranoid lmao.

What about my post is paranoid?

How is it possible to be this out of touch with reality?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Our summer consisted of Methot leaving, Mac retiring, EK having half his ankle removed, the signings of Oduya and Thompson, the tarping off of seats, and the owner blasting the fans on our chief rivals radio station once again. Ya, I'm shocked their was negativity.

the negativity imo was for negativity's sake

Methot is 32 with a chronic back issue and a 4.9 cap hit. The team's assessment appears to have been that they weren't going to unload a ton of org depth to keep that player. I guess they based that on having a pro level assessment of where all our D prospects were at,something folks on the board here do not have. Right about now.....that is looking like a shrewd move. In this instance 4 months of crap thrown at Dorion seems misplaced.

Signing that vet 4C is paying early dividends on the perfect PK no?

Mac retiring. Hard to blame mgmt on that. I also think their internal assessment was we had the prospects / personnel to overcome it.

8 points. 5 games. no EK. A couple of blowout wins. The blowouts surprised me, the points did not.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Methot is 32 with a chronic back issue and a 4.9 cap hit. The team's assessment appears to have been that they weren't going to unload a ton of org depth to keep that player. I guess they based that on having a pro level assessment of where all our D prospects were at,something folks on the board here do not have. Right about now.....that is looking like a shrewd move. In this instance 4 months of crap thrown at Dorion seems misplaced.

I'd say it's pretty hard to know for sure until we see Karlsson out there with a new partner over a decent span of games.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There was stuff to Be negative about. Karlsson just finished up a MVP type season. And he was out. Methot gone. Our top pairing gone lol.

So what if there was negativity.

Negativity is fine. I thought we fumbled the Methot situation (maybe not in hindsight) for example and am not a huge fan of locking up Boro again. Its the "Burrows is garbage and anyone who thinks otherwise obviously doesnt understand the game", or "Boro is a trash player, he belongs in the echl" over the top type stuff. Its someone out to get a rise out of others for the sake of it and i dont understand the point.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
What a great game last night though. Seemed like we didnt get an easy game at all last season so two in a row was like an early christmas present.

Condon looked calm and steady. Im not sure i could pick out a bad performance last night.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I watched this one at a pub, so I wasn't fully paying attention. Loved the game and the result obviously. All I wanna add is I hope we've learned by now that Wideman and Chabot are essential to our PP.

I noticed in one preseason game that the PP seemed to work well with some new prospect players on it. Then it stunk at the start of this season. I think some bad habits developed. When Karlsson was playing last year, the PP had problems too. I think the mindset of the players changes when Karlsson is playing the PP and other players seem to be in a “let Karlsson do it” mode which makes the PP too predictable.

The other players need to take more responsibility for their play on the PP. Wideman and Chabot might be the catalysts required to change the mindsets of others.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
We have to get out of this cycle of "I told you so" from positive-leaning and cynical-leaning posters.

I'm hardly blameless here too.

Enjoy the wins, discuss the losses, cheer for our team.

We're all Sens fans here.
You think so?

I'm not so sure that we don't have some trolls who hate the Sens just posing as Sens fans posting here to stir things up and dampen the spirits of our fanbase.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Good game by Condon and it's comforting to see him having a good game after he got shelled a few times in the preseason. I wasn't overly concerned because it was just preseason but he looked calm and in control tonight. He put any doubts I had to rest with that performance. Our goaltending tandem is what separates us from a lot teams imo.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good game by Condon and it's comforting to see him having a good game after he got shelled a few times in the preseason. I wasn't overly concerned because it was just preseason but he looked calm and in control tonight. He put any doubts I had to rest with that performance. Our goaltending tandem is what separates us from a lot teams imo.

Yes, Condon was super solid.

The talking heads were saying what a challenge it was going to be for him and he really stepped up.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It will be great a few years from now when Montreal is in full implosion mode and Condon has solidified himself as our #1 starter. Not that I want to see Andy go, but when he is ready to retire, I hope Condon is ready so we can laugh at Montreal some more.

Geez, it would be nice to have a solid succession plan.

I still get PTSD from thinking about our goaltending woes in the past.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad