GDT: SENS in California (Kings), Thurs. 10:30pm on TSN

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
24775228_10155932361486730_6524365768118302074_n.jpg

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This will be an ugly game. Counting on Condon to win this game for us.

Condon's our only hope. The forwards are doing nothing, half the D is questionable at an NHL level, the coach is lost at sea, the GM has gone into hiding.

Do it Condon. Let's go, you're our only hope.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
When your response to getting absolutely embarrassed is to get shut out AGAIN, your team is truly rotten and utter dog ****. This team is done.
no they arent

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
It looks bad...I get it, nothing is going right, poor D to bad goals...and no offensive response...I see the weight of the bad run crushing some people in here, but it's three games...that's it, we are three games back of third in the division. Its not like we are sitting 6 or 8 games back and we have those three games in hand! We can right the ship, a few solid wins and we are back into it and all this blow up the team talk can relax.
I read comments before when we were firmly in the top 10 of the NHL that at that point the playoff teams were like 80% set already, but its a marathon, ups and downs, we go on a bit of a tear and we can get right back into it. We can easily tie it up with Montreal and we can make it a horse race!
Go Sens Go!

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
We have to play better than Boston and Montreal through the rest of the season to lock up that third spot which is still a tough thing to do, but crazier things have happened!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I'd go young, to many of the veterans can't do it or don't care. At least the kids are hungry

Sit Oduya, Ceci, Ryan, Burrows, Dumont

Dzingel - Duchene - Stone
Hoffman - Brass - White
Smith - Pageau - Rodewald
Chlapik - Thompson - Pyaat

Chabot - EK
Harpur - Jaros
Claessan - Phaneuf

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
It looks bad...I get it, nothing is going right, poor D to bad goals...and no offensive response...I see the weight of the bad run crushing some people in here, but it's three games...that's it, we are three games back of third in the division. Its not like we are sitting 6 or 8 games back and we have those three games in hand! We can right the ship, a few solid wins and we are back into it and all this blow up the team talk can relax.

It's not that we can't catch up, it's just the team has been so bad that I dont see it turning around

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'd go young, to many of the veterans can't do it or don't care. At least the kids are hungry

Sit Oduya, Ceci, Ryan, Burrows, Dumont

Dzingel - Duchene - Stone
Hoffman - Brass - White
Smith - Pageau - Rodewald
Chlapik - Thompson - Pyaat

Chabot - EK
Harpur - Jaros
Claessan - Phaneuf

I like this except I would keep Ceci in for Jaros & also just not use Rodewald. He isn't any better than Burrows or Dumont

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Poor Condo
Can’t see us scoring on LA
So if by a miracle and a half the game is still tied after OT
Its game over since Condo has so much trouble in the SO

Is there an area left where were good I mean not bad?

Getting a PP ovelapping 2 periods maybe?

So depressing...

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
It's not that we can't catch up, it's just the team has been so bad that I dont see it turning around

That's the weight of the bad run. Has people feeling like we are never going to score or win ever again, it will happen. There is a lot going on with this team in terms of management, attendance, land deals, bad runs, fluke runs, no media respect, UFA's and the ever want by some fans to hog that 1st overall pick for the next 4 years.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm not giving up on the team just yet but yeah we got to pick things up very quickly if we want to save this season. Not sure that happens vs. the Kings but it'd be a huge confidence boost if we won tonight.

Reactions: Alex1234

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
I think Dumont was good last game for his role. He was skating hard and caused some turnovers and was active on that line. Burrows is just skating around, losing all puck battles. I don't see they can suddenly turn around unless the opposing goalie plays bad (that's how we won the NYI game).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Dumont was good last game for his role. He was skating hard and caused some turnovers and was active on that line. Burrows is just skating around, losing all puck battles. I don't see they can suddenly turn around unless the opposing goalie plays bad (that's how we won the NYI game).

Burrows is a waste of space at this point... I wanted him last year at the TDL for the playoffs.. thinking he would be a good 4th line addition... We gave up a good prospect for him which sucked but I could find a way to live with that... but the 2 year extension... Come on Dorion wtf? You are supposed to be a professional in this business. Then you publicly pat yourself on the back for the deal ... :shakehead

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Burrows is a waste of space at this point... I wanted him last year at the TDL for the playoffs.. thinking he would be a good 4th line addition... We gave up a good prospect for him which sucked but I could find a way to live with that... but the 2 year extension... Come on Dorion wtf? You are supposed to be a professional in this business. Then you publicly pat yourself on the back for the deal ... :shakehead
Oh man, Burrows is so bad. He doesn't look like he can skate, shoot, or handle the puck at a NHL level. I was thinking to myself how bad he'd look at the AHL level. Most of the call ups all look significantly more capable than him. He'd probably be at best a 3rd line winger in Belleville.

And before I trigger all the apologists, I'm not saying Burrows is the sole reason for the Sens woes. The only good thing Boucher has done this year is reduce his ice time. Still needs to never see ice on the PP though.

Tons of guys on this team suck though, not just Burrows. Its just so scary that the guy who makes the hockey decisions for this club valued this player at all. Its a real display of his incompetence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad