GDT: SENS in California (Kings), Thurs. 10:30pm on TSN

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
This video about sums up our problems.
Button: Sens' offence has dried up, one goal a game won't cut it

We would do better by having a reboot. Players would play better even without a coach at this point just going out on instinct. No one is playing their game, except guys like Stone and Dzingel, but everyone is fighting something in their minds.

Team seems lost under Boucher and Boucher is getting angrier every game. I don't want to be pessimistic but I have seen this before. Coach comes in does well, then loses the team's confidence and becomes angrier, snowball effect until he is fired.

If this is the only way the team will play then we must start with a new coach every year. In that case then ya, this one is past his expiry date.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Problem with the fact that we are just couple of points from 3rd in the division is I dont see anything that can suggest were going to get out of this funk
Its not like we have crazy chances or hitting 4 posts a night or the opposite goalie stand on his head making 50 saves a night.
We play baaaad and even manage to make a new slump inside our own slump

Going for a 3rd “0 goals” inside our streak of losses could easily happen as LA is going to make fun of us tonight imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I think Dumont was good last game for his role. He was skating hard and caused some turnovers and was active on that line. Burrows is just skating around, losing all puck battles. I don't see they can suddenly turn around unless the opposing goalie plays bad (that's how we won the NYI game).
Why does he even need to play? His role can be filled from within. Idiotic pickup among other idiotic decisions

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Why does he even need to play? His role can be filled from within. Idiotic pickup among other idiotic decisions
Dumont looks a lot more effective as a bottom 6 guys than Paul

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Stopped watching after the second goal last night because I felt we were never going to comeback against that. Hoping that we can rally tonight and come out even harder. But my positivity is starting to slide, the further into this we get the more drastic of a move I think needs to be made.

Going to be a tough game, but if we can find a way to win tonight we might have a rope to climb out of this hole.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
dahlin-jpg.86851

Attachments

• DAHLIN.jpg
    DAHLIN.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 179

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
A key game in our quest for Dahlin. Could realistically finish this trip with a top 3 shot at first overall.

MOD NOTE: I'll take this opportunity to say this, and it goes for all of us now that we are tumbling down the standings: cheering for us to lose during the game won't be allowed in the GDT.

Reactions: Back in Black

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
MOD NOTE: I'll take this opportunity to say this, and it goes for all of us now that we are tumbling down the standings: cheering for us to lose during the game won't be allowed in the GDT.
Really? Where do you draw the line on something like this? Is saying anything negative going to bannable?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

I'm totally cool with that, but can we unlock the tank thread for the negative Nancy's like myself? I mean, I don't think it's ridiculous to think we have a legit shot at #1 overall this year.

Reactions: Anaxagoras

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Really? Where do you draw the line on something like this? Is saying anything negative going to bannable?
FQL, we've always done this when the team is losing. Cheering to lose while the game is in progress is not acceptable and is considered trolling. If you have issues with it, please PM me and we can chat.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm totally cool with that, but can we unlock the tank thread for the negative Nancy's like myself? I mean, I don't think it's ridiculous to think we have a legit shot at #1 overall this year.

Best place for now is probably the Panic thread
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/panic-thread-2017-18.2414533/page-3#post-138329755

Tank threads this early in the year typically result in a lot of animosity as some people still hold out faith while others cheer for loses.

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Fun fact...When Paul MacLean was in the hot seat of potentially being fired...we played the Kings and squeaked out a huge win, and he still got fired the next day...lol Boucher isn't obviously going to get fired, but something has got to give at this point if we lose again tonight, which all roads seem to point that being the case right now.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Fun fact...When Paul MacLean was in the hot seat of potentially being fired...we played the Kings and squeaked out a huge win, and he still got fired the next day...lol Boucher isn't obviously going to get fired, but something has got to give at this point if we lose again tonight, which all roads seem to point that being the case right now.
Ah, the fist pump.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
boys im going to sacrifice my current Karlsson avatar to the hockey gods
his pointless streak is about to end

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Now that the loss had time too cooldown in me. I want to say that i'm not made at the effort... but i'm mad that the same play that cost us goal like every game his still coasting us.

The 2 goals, you got to give credit, nice pass, nice shot, nice dangle to beat the dive, but it is happening way too much.

I'm no pro player, but i played several sports in my life and on a defensive perspective, it is important to not be absorb by the puck, basketball, etc. You need to see where the puck is and focus on your man. 1st goal is just that.. Henrique come on the second wave beat his man, and nobody is there for support because " you gotta watch the puck"... and frankly, Anderson need to know that there is a player coming and be ready. He was big and square in the net. Blame on the player in front of the net like 95%, IMO

2nd goal... i just don't know what to say. Oduya try to clear.. miss. Smith doesn't try more, ceci dive, Anderso isn't following the player, but again no big blame on him. Smith is coasting on the come back...

3rd goal: shoot to the pad and they score..

We can blame the system, but the system requiert the player to be aware of their surrounding, which a lot of them are lacking.. i don't understand has pro how it can happen.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Imagine Maclean screaming at the payers like Boucher does, I guess that would really not be "nice Paul".

The players are hesitant and afraid of making mistakes perhaps because Boucher has magnified their importance while minimizing the importance of the offensive game.

Of course any coach is going to come down on mistakes but Boucher seems fixated and it may have the payers looking over their shoulders trying to avoid being the goat.
In many post game interviews Boucher would say its not that they should have scored another goal but they should have stopped the ones that were scored on them, then he would describe in detail the gaffs that led to the goal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They have to turn it around sometime.. Very tough situation tonight. Back to back vs a very good team. We get their backup so that's a plus. They have to stick with it. They have to play as a team and start playing for each other.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
They have to turn it around sometime.. Very tough situation tonight. Back to back vs a very good team. We get their backup so that's a plus. They have to stick with it. They have to play as a team and start playing for each other.

Backup goalies thrive against the Ottawa Senators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad