Pre-Game Talk: SENS in California (Ducks), Wed. 10:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I have no idea why Oduya is always in the mix. I'd like to see Claesson and Ceci together, that seems like it could be solid. But nooooooo Odyua's gotta be in there. :huh:

Claesson and Ceci together deployed as the third pair would be perfect. Oduya has no business being on this team anymore.

Reactions: Newgates59

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Ryan has not once outscored Daniel Alfredsson's season in Detroit (the season management thought he wasn't worth the money).

The issue was that Alfredsson wanted more money to stay in Ottawa than he wanted to sign else where. Alfredsson felt he should be compensated for the "fake" year at the end of his last contract that Alfredsson claimed both sides put there to lower his overall cap hit with the intent of Alfredsson being retired at that point.

I'm not saying I disagree with Alfredsson's principal if that situation was in fact accurate, but it's not as simple as the team didn't want to pay Alfredsson. They didn't want to pay him two years worth of salary for one season.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Rematch of the 2007 finals. Hoping we get a different result tonight than we got in that series. This West coast swing would be a great chance to get back on track.

Reactions: Alex1234

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Rematch of the 2007 finals. Hoping we get a different result tonight than we got in that series. This West coast swing would be a great chance to get back on track.

Well, we played decently well outside of the final blowout game, so I'd take a 3-2 game or something, it would be a huge improvement. But we played as a unit then, not now. We'll see what Boucher's tirade and practice give as results though.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
We better win tonight cause we are not winning tomorrow versus the kings and i doubt we beat the sharks on saturday.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Just start the first period well ffs

I still have faith that the season isn't done yet. Only 4 points out of that third divisional spot

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
People like saying things that just aren't true on the internet?
200.gif

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wasn't the west-coast swing the beginning of the hamburglar run?

Yes, but much later in the season. The Hammond run came with something like 25 games left in the season, we're looking at around 55 left at the moment.

Right now, with roughly a third of the season played we're 4 points behind Boston who'll probably be in the last wild card spot very soon with the same amount of GP. It's actually kind of shocking how after going 2-7-1 in our last 10, and playing one of the worst games in the last few years of Sens history against the Jets, we're actually in a position to get right back into it with a hot streak. Am I confident a hot streak will happen? Absolutely not.

There's probably a statistic out there that shows if we aren't in a playoff spot right now, we shouldn't expect to be in one in April.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Yes, but much later in the season. The Hammond run came with something like 25 games left in the season, we're looking at around 55 left at the moment.

Right now, with roughly a third of the season played we're 4 points behind Boston who'll probably be in the last wild card spot very soon with the same amount of GP. It's actually kind of shocking how after going 2-7-1 in our last 10, and playing one of the worst games in the last few years of Sens history against the Jets, we're actually in a position to get right back into it with a hot streak. Am I confident a hot streak will happen? Absolutely not.

There's probably a statistic out there that shows if we aren't in a playoff spot right now, we shouldn't expect to be in one in April.

I heard on TSN i believe it was, that historically, teams on the outside looking in at American thanksgiving have a 77% chance of missing the post season.
That percentage would only continue to rise as time passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad