Pre-Game Talk: SENS in California (Ducks), Wed. 10:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
@HSF... Hey man I love your spirit. It's going to be an up hill battle to defend anything about them at this point. Rightly or wrongly there is a lot of blame to go around and no one associated with the team can escape it. The results have been terrible .. from the GM decision perspective, the coaching perspective and the key players perspective... I do not agree with a lot of the knee jerk reactions , but emo runs high here.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
@HSF... Hey man I love your spirit. It's going to be an up hill battle to defend anything about them at this point. Rightly or wrongly there is a lot of blame to go around and no one associated with the team can escape it. The results have been terrible .. from the GM decision perspective, the coaching perspective and the key players perspective... I do not agree with a lot of the knee jerk reactions , but emo runs high here.
Ya its pretty tiring. The constant knee jerk reaction and rumour mongering is such a bad look.

hopefully our boys turn it around at which point it will be quiet in here :)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah you are definitely on the positive side, I wouldn't expect you too.

Why would I cheer for another team? I've been here, just as long as you. I'm just not going to gloss over the very apparent problems and pretend that everything is ok and shun those that "are just negative".

If all you want to do is look at things in a positive light maybe you should cheer for the Lightning?

NEWSFLASH: IF THINGS ARE NEGATIVE, I WILL POINT OUT THAT THEY ARE NEGATIVE.

I wouldn't suffer through a rebuild, I would embrace it. It's the ******ed moves that we have been making that make a rebuild pretty hard to accomplish, while we are at best a playoff bubble team in the worst division in hockey.

Why don't you list the positives that this team has going for them rather than just high-roading anyone who sees things "negative"?

Positives:
Our prospect depth is great, with Chabot and Brown as potential big time players. Chlapik/Batherson/Formenton/Jaros are great guys in the organisation
We have the best D in the world (due for a ~6 million dollar raise)
We have Stone (due for a ~4 million dollar raise)

Negatives:
We consistently overpay in trades, which is having an adverse effect on ability to rebuild
We have traded a ton of futures to become better today, with the complete opposite effect. (Zibanejad/2nd 2016/2nd 2017/2nd 2018/1st 2019). Is Dorian really going to be able to start a rebuild by trading off our spare NHL assets after we went all in with Duchene?
We are currently sitting in the bottom 5 of the league
We are likely not bad enough to stay in the bottom 5 in the league. We will either pick at the back end of the top 10, or be giving Colorado a pick in the 11-14 range
We are VERY CLEARLY a team that relies on a budget, and we are adding a significant increase (~10 million) to Stone and Karlsson in the near future. Hopefully this isn't a worry in the coming months
We need to be a competitive team it seems, Dorian really put a push on that, to show Karlsson that we are not going to tread water or rebuild. As anyone with eyes can see, the Sens are a very bad team right now. We are not bad enough to bottom out and get a top 1-4 pick, but are not good enough to make the playoffs.
We have a coach who, again anyone with a head on their shoulders can see, is making questionable decisions game in, game out. This isn't a pov thing, he has been making questionable decisions from the start of the year.
We have a rookie GM, who is showing that he is a rookie GM.
We lost our #2 d-man in the off-season for nothing (expansion draft, not much we could do there) and did nothing to replace him
I liked the Oduya signing, I assumed he would be played on the bottom pair and pressbox. Did not think he would be heavily relied upon, or partnered with Karlsson at any point.

I mean, if you could show me some reasons that I should be positive, I'd be all ears. I really don't like being negative, even in 2010 it was hard to be negative. They were able to "rebuild" that year that they finished bottom 5.

Being positive is great, I agree. Being negative sucks, I agree. Looking at things rationally, there is not much positive going on in Ottawa. I will be the first to publicly eat crow.

I'm not on the positive side at all although it is more my disposition to be positive.

I am however making a point lately of challenging what I see as over the top negativity without some substantiation to it. I agree with a lot of what you've replied with. Some I find a bit of a stretch

my biggest fear with this franchise is Karlsson's ankle. Coaches and GMs are firable. Players and contracts are traded all the time. NHL roster turnover is probably pushing 30% annually. i don't get too caught up in contracts because of that.

But EK is different. I saw Bobby Orr play. You can't say that. I can. And I've seen every single guy that gets compared to them over 40+ years. I know what we had with Karlsson and the single biggest issue with this team is whether we still have it.

10 games. No points. If EK has 10 points over that stretch are we having this conversation? That's 10 extra goals.

Is the w/l record the same?

is the Duchene Turris discussion the same? Does that change the Dorion discussion?

It goes on and on.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
The ONLY good thing about yesterday was the Karlsson - Chabot pairing. I have a feeling that if they continue to click, they’ll be the key to turning this mess of a season around. Time is running out though.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The only positive of this entire thing is that we're somehow still close enough that if we got hot right now, we could maybe still make the playoffs.

Nothing's going right. Dorion has 3 options. Make a trade. Fire Boucher. Do nothing. The most proactive option right now is number 2, because although making a trade might spark the team, it is just putting a bandaid on a bad situation. Doing nothing only makes sense if Dorion is willing to write off this season and thinks the upside of having Boucher still as the coach next season is worth not making an attempt to save this one.

Is Boucher "scared to death" of the competition? I'm not in the room, I'm not on the ice at practice. I don't know if Boucher has lost the room or if he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time with an exhausted team who can't buy a save and whose franchise player has some dead guys tendon in his ankle. Historically, Boucher has not lasted long with teams because of how hard he is to apparently play for. He refused to play Chabot who clearly is/was ready, our PP has been abysmal dating back to the Pittsburgh series when a semi-functional powerplay could have won us the ECF, and Boucher has been juggling lines to an absurd amount this streak. There's reason to believe that coaching (not just Boucher, but our entire staff, whoever is responsible for the PP, our goalie coach) might be an issue here.

All I want to hear is a reason why coaching is not the issue, and why making a coaching change isn't wise at this point.

Reactions: Brethers

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The ONLY good thing about yesterday was the Karlsson - Chabot pairing. I have a feeling that if they continue to click, they’ll be the key to turning this mess of a season around. Time is running out though.

Karlsson apparently showed interest in playing with Chabot when talking to Dorion in the pre-season. I think it may have specifically been a talk Dorion claimed they had while on the plane to the NHL awards show. For what it's worth, prior to that they had been paired up in the pre-season.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

You think they will stick together ? There are no consistent lines at all Chabot will be in Belleville soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->