Pre-Game Talk: SENS in California (Ducks), Wed. 10:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Too soon????

3 game California road trip coming up......(and of course the obligatory back to back game & 3 games in 4 nights)

24296464_2263189840574144_4213503619652421028_n.jpg

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
ughhh, the 3hr time zone difference will suck. I'm actually debating not even watching the games since the games have been painful to watch lately.

It seems like it's said every season but I think this west coast trip will help seal their playoff chances. If they get 2 or less points over these 3 games then they're done for the year IMO. Only the Coyotes, Sabres and Flyers have less wins than the Sens. That's bad company to have.

They need to go on a serious run now. No need for a Hamburgler style run yet, but if they keep going the way they are, that's the only thing that would work.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I really wish they'd do this western swing on a weekend....just for one damned year, so I could watch these games. Stupid pacific time.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I will call the game a win if we allow less than 3 goals.

That's my mindset right now, and it's kind of depressing.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
That schedule though...

So so tough

19 back to backs and the 2nd night of the back to back the team we play always seems to have been rested for at least a day

Back to back against back is rare

Who makes those schedules good lord

Anyway GSG

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Let’s Go. Need this win for a back to back sweep. 4 points and we can reconsider where Ottawa is.

California is something for Ottawa. I know Erik Karlsson best game in Cali with be versus Doughty. We’ll win that game. EK always plays well against Doughty.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I don't have any faith in the team winning unless they get a standout goaltending performance. And that likely ain't happening.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't have any faith in the team winning unless they get a standout goaltending performance. And that likely ain't happening.

Goaltending has been below expectations and the level required to win more games. However it is not the only problem as the defensemen and forwards have not been performing well either.

I don’t think the team can win consistently with Boucher’s neutral zone defense first strategy as that approach gives up the O-zone and thus virtually eliminates the forecheck and Pejorative Slurs the offensive abilities of our forwards.

That strategy might work with offensively challenged 3rd and 4th line but detracts from the offensively gifted players on the 1st and 2nd lines.

Hopefully the team can get its mojo going and win some games.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Goaltending has been below expectations and the level required to win more games. However it is not the only problem as the defensemen and forwards have not been performing well either.

I don’t think the team can win consistently with Boucher’s neutral zone defense first strategy as that approach gives up the O-zone and thus virtually eliminates the forecheck and ******s the offensive abilities of our forwards.

That strategy might work with offensively challenged 3rd and 4th line but detracts from the offensively gifted players on the 1st and 2nd lines.

Hopefully the team can get its mojo going and win some games.

The bad word checker on this website is over zealous with certain words. Not all words are bad! The one I used above as a verb should not have been deleted!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does anyone else think that bottom listed pair should be Claesson - Ceci and Oduya should be yanked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad