Confirmed with Link: Sens hire Cookson as assistant coach and Groulx as goalie coach

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I could be wrong, but this might be the non-bench position Boucher had alluded to.

He had previously stated that he wanted a set of "eyes in the sky", and this would make sense if Cookson comes from a video/scouting background.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Tim Pattyson, as far as I know, is still the video coach for the Sens. I don't think he was fired with the rest of the coaches. I wonder if he's on the way out now?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was an assistant in Calgary from ~2000 to 2011 too and video coach in Philly for 3 years before that I think.

Survived several HC firings, including Daryl Sutter and Iron Mike Keenan.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Tim Pattyson, as far as I know, is still the video coach for the Sens. I don't think he was fired with the rest of the coaches. I wonder if he's on the way out now?

He didn't necessarily say that it would be a video coach position. I almost took it as Boucher and Crawford would run the bench on their own, and that their third coach would report from the top to cover anything they might not be seeing.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Congrats to Shanny for calling this a month ago.

Very good chance of it being Rob Cookson. He's been Marc Crawfords assistant in Zurich the past 4 years, and won a Spengler Cup this past year for Team Canada as an assistant to Guy Boucher.

Wonder what took them so long

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2