Send Deveaux down (11/30 TSN: WAIVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
I'm sure, in theory, a lot of the GMs and owners around the league want to or wouldn't mind increasing the size of the rinks.

However, as Fitzy (SLU Hockey i mean, I keep calling you by your old name) pointed out, that would require major renovations to every ice rink. That's a lot of money lost from VIP seating. When you have a 1/3 of your league losing money, I don't know how well this would go.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Wasnt Andre liked here until he made that play? I would still keep him here in case injury. Considering they wont call up Zucc

yea most said positive things and he did a good job in his role but it's obvious guys like Hagelin and Mitchell should be up cause they provide more skill.

Deveaux is pretty much guaranteed to go down unless they decide to carry 2 spare F or move EC out of town. When Rupp and WW are healthy it will be interesting to see what happens

Puckface NYR*

No, I'm totally right on both counts.

Since when is "standing there and letting the guy come in on a breakaway" his only option? O h wait, he's a goalie. His job is to stop the puck on breakaways. Not go out and obstruct and physically engage with a player.

But regardless, your own words betray you. You admit Miller physically obstructed and engaged with Lucic. And in doing so, he's just like any other skater out there: subject to clean, hard checks.

If Miller does not want to get flattened by clean, hard checks; then he shouldn't engage in physical content. This nonsense with goalies be allowed to do whatever they want is pure garbage. If they want to engage, then there are consequences for engaging.

Don't want to suffer the consequences? Then stay in the net and make the save. Or if you go out there (out of your crease), play the puck, move it along quickly and get back to your net. Don't try to physically obstruct the opponent and nsdon't try to throw a shoulder or shove into an opponent. quite simple, really.

And don't go repeatedly whining like some 11 year old bratty little girl about how you got leveled. Miller is an embarrassment.

What amazes me is that the league hasn't gone adfter Muller for publically calling Lucic a piece of *****, twice. I mean, if Sean Avery says that.....Gary Buttman creates a whole new " Kill Avery Commitee" ....creates 15 new Anti-Avery Rules and bans Avery for three years.

This spineless whiner Miller says it and the league doesn't even blink and eye.

Because Lucic broke the rules. It is extremely clear that under no circumstances can you hit the goalie.

While I think its absurd for him to be allowed to play the puck that far out of his net and not risk consequences is beyond me.

And just so you're aware a goalie is never, by the rules, subject to "clean hard checks."

Jeds2StepOpus

Mar 6, 2007
Because Lucic broke the rules. It is extremely clear that under no circumstances can you hit the goalie.

While I think its absurd for him to be allowed to play the puck that far out of his net and not risk consequences is beyond me.

And just so you're aware a goalie is never, by the rules, subject to "clean hard checks."

No, Lucic did not break the rules.

Only in the bizzare world of the NHL's Pejorative Slured on-ice officiating does a Ref slap Lucic with a "Charging" penalty.

Miller is the one who broke the rules. Lucic (the skater) has just as much right to the puck, as Miller (the goaltender). The rules clearly state that.

Lucic was pursuing the puck. He has every right to it. Lucic purposely stopped chugging his legs and went into a glide...as he began to slow down. By the time he reached Miller, he had slowed down considerably.

He, Miller, played the puck and then pulled his shoulder and elbow up to deliver a hit on Lucic.

He could have just as easily turned the other way and started his motion towards the net. If he had done that, there would have been no physical contact with Lucic. And if there would have been physical contact Lucic (had Miller turned towards the net), then it would be Charging.

Instead, he positioned himself to deliver a shove or "hit" into Lucic's chest; effectively creating an obstruction/interference of Lucic's forward momentum towards the puck. Miller decided to play tough guy and initiated the physical contact. Then he played poor, little vicitim afterwards. Not to mention he purposely took a wild, high swinging hack with his stick, at Lucic's body, after the hit. But he missed. Why wasn't that called? Oh that's right, he missed:rolleyes:

Worst case scenario, that was nothing more than incidental contact. But Miller knew exactly what he was doing and he intiated the contact. There's a reason why Shanahan and the League did not fine or suspend Lucic. Because they know he did nothing wrong. Lucic stopped chugging the legs, he attempted to slow down, he pulled his body up and placed his arms against his body to brace himself in case of collision, when he saw that Miller had turned towards him with his shoulder and elbow raised.

" "A goalkeeper is not 'fair game' just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact.""

Clearly...and I quote...." Brendan Shanahan found no intent in hit ".

!) The problem lies with the inept, absurdly Pejorative Slured on-ice officals, who do not seem to know the rules or capable of effectively interpreting the rules. 2) The problem lies in the over-reactionary, spineless, shameless, homer mentality of the Sabres announcer; who apparently brainwashed everyone who watched the video, into believing an enormous crime had just been commited. 3) The problem lies in biased, overly-sensitive, over-reactionary drama queen fans: who do not know the rules (even though they claim to know) and have their mind set on turning hockey into a hands-off tennis match.

Despite what the Pejorative Slured Sabres announcer claimed, this was NOT the type of hit the league wants to do away with. It was a clean hit...clean collision. Miller initiated it and he made his choice. So when does Milelr get held accountable for the choices he made?:rolleyes:

If the league wants to do away with this type of Goalie/Skater collision type thing, they would immediately make the rule clear as a bell: " If you come out of the net/crease to play the puck, you are subject to legal/'within the rules, physical contact/checking; just like all skaters on the ice.

If they did that, you'd see very few goalies roaming out for the puck. Almost all of them would stay safely in their safety zone...The Crease. Most of these goalies who love to come out and physicallychallenge skaters, trip them up and obstruct/interfere ...are cowards hiding behind a mattress's worth of protection and the stupidity of the NHL's on-ice officials and the NHL's mindless, moronic -rule makers.

But the NHL does not want to do away with it. Every season we see literally dozens of collisions between skaters and goalies who come way out to chase down and challenge a loose puck that could turn into a breakway or high percentage scoring chance. I've been watching these type of collisions my whole life. Fast Eddie, Beezer, Richter...all of them had many of those collisions. And that's just Rangers goalies. Happens all the time, all over the league. You didn't hear any of them whining like little girls.

You know why we never heard them whining about it? because they knew they made a choice and they were accountable for their own choices. They didn't hide behind the skirts of Gary Buttman and the moronic NHL on-ice officials and rule makers.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so Predictions after Tuesday?

Deveaux either:
A- goes down to CT
B-stays as the 2nd F spare with EC
C- EC gets dumped and Deveaux is the spare

I am sure Hagelin and Mitchell stay in

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I'm now in the **** Deveaux crowd.

I can't stand truly dirty hits. This wasn't just an accident. It was one of the more blatantly intentional hits I've seen. It easily could've cost us the game. In the modern NHL where literally every single point counts, that a risk best not taking.

I thought he was a good kid till that play. I don't buy his BS for a second that it was just a dangerous instinct. There was no sign of instinct on that play. Instead I saw pure intention.

Instinct might be bracing yourself for the hit. Instinct might be attempting to avoid hitting someone square in the head knowing the complications that could arise. Instinct is not going 2 feet out of your way to lunge at a guy and try and take his head off. A Callahan elbow in the corner while fighting for a puck is one thing. Dirty? A little, but it's hockey. But an open ice lunging intentional hit to the head like that is not hockey. It's the epitome of dirty. So hell with him. He's easily enough replaced.

gluvhand

Jul 30, 2009
Rockland County
I'm now in the **** Deveaux crowd.

I can't stand truly dirty hits. This wasn't just an accident. It was one of the more blatantly intentional hits I've seen. It easily could've cost us the game. In the modern NHL where literally every single point counts, that a risk best not taking.

I thought he was a good kid till that play. I don't buy his BS for a second that it was just a dangerous instinct. There was no sign of instinct on that play. Instead I saw pure intention.

Instinct might be bracing yourself for the hit. Instinct might be attempting to avoid hitting someone square in the head knowing the complications that could arise. Instinct is not going 2 feet out of your way to lunge at a guy and try and take his head off. A Callahan elbow in the corner while fighting for a puck is one thing. Dirty? A little, but it's hockey. But an open ice lunging intentional hit to the head like that is not hockey. It's the epitome of dirty. So hell with him. He's easily enough replaced.
I really hope you're being judged by the same, rigid standards in your own life and only hope that you do something that will condemn you to a fate similar to the one you want for Deveaux. You're just as easily replaced I'm sure. I don't care for him either way but you're making him out to be Matt Cooke after one incident.

JayQueensNY88*

I wouldnt bring back Zuc,I like Hagelin..

I lost alll respect for Deveaux after that elbow..No room for that in this sport.

NHRangerfan

Deveaux on waivers

TSNBobMcKenzie
Bob McKenzie
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Lebloond (CGY) and Andre Deveaux (NYR) on waivers. Brad Mills (NJD) and Joakim LIndstrom (COL) clear waivers.
1 minute ago via web

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
Good. You can't argue with how well our team is playing right now. He would have definitely been sent down when Wolski comes back, unless they are gonna wait until WW actually comes back before sending Deveaux to the AHL.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Good. You can't argue with how well our team is playing right now. He would have definitely been sent down when Wolski comes back, unless they are gonna wait until WW actually comes back before sending Deveaux to the AHL.

our beloved EC is the spare F right now

KreiMeARiver*

All I know is I don't want to see Zuccarrello on the big club, again. Mitchell and Hagelin are perfect for what we need.

EC is what he is... a crap NHL player with a nice shot that goes in once every 17 games.

Also, I never want to see Wolski in the lineup, again. Get rid of these clowns, now!!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
EC happens to be the one guy on this team who can score on 5 on 3's, so no bad talking a brother :laugh::laugh::laugh:

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I would have rather had Rupp in that game, he doesn't throw crazy elbows into people's faces. I hope this finally settles the Rupp vs Deveaux silliness out there.

Damn. Would rather have him than EC.
Would rather have Hagelin then EC.

Last edited:

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Why is everyone obsessed with Hagelin?
Speed, energy, youth taking the next step, 2pts in 3 games

The guy is a 3rd liner. He doesn't even put a 1PPG in the AHL.
So the Rangers end up with another solid young 3rd liner who brings a ton of energy to their lineup doing a better job then a different bottom 6 forward. What's wrong with that? He's been playing great so far.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Speed, energy, youth taking the next step, 2pts in 3 games

So the Rangers end up with another solid young 3rd liner who brings a ton of energy to their lineup doing a better job then a different bottom 6 forward. What's wrong with that? He's been playing great so far.

Hagelin has 3 points in 3 games... even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille