Send Deveaux down (11/30 TSN: WAIVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Deveaux threw a dumb elbow before that he was playing solid and sticking up for his teammates and everyone loved him and his cheap price tag.. He is going down because the team is winning but you shouldn't be so quick to bash him .. he did his job and will be back up again the hit was uncalled for but the Rangers are soft and a big body is needed.

SupersonicMonkey*

No loss.

Hagelin and Mitchell look solid.

Especially Hagelin. Love the guy.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yes, and although it isn't a hockey nickname, I'll always be BB.

And you'll always be Emma to me. ;)

2k2 will always be 2k2 to me. He's had that name for years. We were members on fanforum.com, (I think that's what it was, now scout.com which doesnt have hockey anymore). Always a voice of reason.

gluvhand

Jul 30, 2009
Rockland County
Deveaux threw a dumb elbow before that he was playing solid and sticking up for his teammates and everyone loved him and his cheap price tag.. He is going down because the team is winning but you shouldn't be so quick to bash him .. he did his job and will be back up again the hit was uncalled for but the Rangers are soft and a big body is needed.

Agree 100%. Seemed liked and was willing to do the dirty work. One mistake doesn't or shouldn't erase the good he did here.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He was a good player in his limited minutes, and is willing to drop the gloves when needed. He'll be back at some point if another bottom 6er goes down because of those positives of his game. He'll get nice minutes in CT to work on his game even more. I don't see him getting claimed by someone.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I really hope you're being judged by the same, rigid standards in your own life and only hope that you do something that will condemn you to a fate similar to the one you want for Deveaux. You're just as easily replaced I'm sure. I don't care for him either way but you're making him out to be Matt Cooke after one incident.

We're all judged by those standards. I happen to judge myself more fiercely than I judge anyone by the way, so too bad your trying to knock me down a peg drew only laughter on my end. And one incident is all it takes. I've had a long, hard, complex and diverse life; yet through it all I've never intentionally tried to hurt anybody. On the street or in the rink, smashing someones face full on with an elbow makes you quite simply an *******.

gluvhand

Jul 30, 2009
Rockland County
We're all judged by those standards. I happen to judge myself more fiercely than I judge anyone by the way, so too bad your trying to knock me down a peg drew only laughter on my end. And one incident is all it takes. I've had a long, hard, complex and diverse life; yet through it all I've never intentionally tried to hurt anybody. On the street or in the rink, smashing someones face full on with an elbow makes you quite simply an *******.

If you can't see the difference between an elbow to the face on the street or on the rink you're not just judgemental but dellusional. The only laughter you're hearing is from the voices in your head.

gluvhand

Jul 30, 2009
Rockland County
what is the difference?

You do it on the street, under most circumstances, you could be arrested. Do it on the ice you won't under any. I never said it was ok. I just didn't agree that Deveaux should never be seen on the ice for the Rangers ever again. He's not a repeat offender with a history of cheap shots ala Matt Cooke. So far it's one incident. Is that enough for sacrimonious, holier than thou judgement and banishment from the NHL? Because that's what IAMREALITY suggested.

blixt

Jan 23, 2011
Oslo
You do it on the street, under most circumstances, you could be arrested. Do it on the ice you won't under any. I never said it was ok. I just didn't agree that Deveaux should never be seen on the ice for the Rangers ever again. He's not a repeat offender with a history of cheap shots ala Matt Cooke. So far it's one incident. Is that enough for sacrimonious, holier than thou judgement and banishment from the NHL? Because that's what IAMREALITY suggested.

The club should give a hard punishment in addition to the punishment he receives from the hockey association. A stroke to the head can do much more damage in the rink, then in the street considering that the player can get high speed before he hit the head.

gluvhand

Jul 30, 2009
Rockland County
The club should give a hard punishment in addition to the punishment he receives from the hockey association. A stroke to the head can do much more damage in the rink, then in the street considering that the player can get high speed before he hit the head.

No doubt but that's not the arguement here. It's whether or not players are judged and penalized the same as non-players for shots to the head. Clearly they're not. Should they be? That again is a different arguement.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That should be minimum a lifetime suspension from whatever league that is in. Maybe lifetime suspension from all professional hockey leagues around the world. If the guy he did it to pressed charges for assault, I think he'd have a pretty good case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese