Senators Uniform and Jersey Concepts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
And our identity has been pretty much ruined since reebok took over, hopefully adidas is using a different team. Their clothing design is miles ahead of reebok. Really wish under armour had won though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Their clothing design is miles ahead of reebok.

It's the same company. Just a different division... Adidas is the more fashion forward division, but it's all coming from the same front desk. The only reason Reebok stuff isn't as fashionable is because they are branded to a different demographic.

Really wish under armour had won though.

Agreed. They were really the only good option amongst a bad pool of potential winners.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It's the same company. Just a different division... Adidas is the more fashion forward division, but it's all coming from the same front desk. The only reason Reebok stuff isn't as fashionable is because they are branded to a different demographic.

Agreed. They were really the only good option amongst a bad pool of potential winners.

I know they're the same company but I'm assuming switching the contract to Adidas means they're gonna be doing something different with it. Like you said, they're a lot more fashion forward. Hopefully this means they'll have better design teams working on the jerseys.

And ya, under armour makes great stuff. I would have loved to see what they'd do with the contract.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They wouldn't actually sell the fan versions with the ads on them would they?

I sure as hell wouldn't buy one, but the thought of finally ditching our edge jerseys is exciting.

Ttracer*

Every pro league outside America uses adverts on jerseys. The difference is they don't have TV media breaks, so on field and on player advertising is crucial. NHL can't seriously get away with this much advertising, if they cut 2-3 commercial breaks I would support the jersey ads. NHL fans are insanely proud of the team jerseys, more than any other league by a mile. Soccer shirts would be very boring without ads, the team logos carry no value for fans, the colors do. If Tim Horton's wants to give the senators 5 million a year for a little logo fine, but cut down on the media breaks

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Why would they cut down on media breaks? That's here to say. Ads on jerseys is just more revenue. There has to be a point where enough is enough, board ads, imposed ads on the glass, ads on jerseys is overkill and while the NHL I'm sure would like to get the extra revenue they still need to tread lightly over the backlash, and backlash would happen. It's happened every time ads on jerseys rumors swirl. .

I'm sure they would like to put a dinky little logo somewhere and eventually we all come to accept that logo, so another gets added, and then another.

I think we our semi lucky to have some traditionalists in the league though in higher positions on issues like these. Good luck getting an ad on an original six teams jersey.

Ttracer*

Why would they cut down on media breaks? That's here to say.

Mmmmmm because they suck? 9 media stoppages for a 60 minute game, you must be in advertising. Eventually the NHL will take the fan experience more seriously, saying its never going to happen is very short sighted

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
9 media stoppages for a 60 minute game, you must be in advertising.

I find it interesting how you've easily become the most unnecessarily confrontational poster on these boards in such a short amount of time.

It's quite the achievement, to be honest. I'm impressed.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Mmmmmm because they suck? 9 media stoppages for a 60 minute game, you must be in advertising. Eventually the NHL will take the fan experience more seriously, saying its never going to happen is very short sighted

Nope, just realize that fans are okay with the media stoppages and they generate a ton of revenue, so they're not leaving. Didn't say I liked them, although I don't mind a rest break and ice cleaning break for players.

Ttracer*

I find it interesting how you've easily become the most unnecessarily confrontational poster on these boards in such a short amount of time.

It's quite the achievement, to be honest. I'm impressed.

Griping about 18 minutes of media breaks, on top of intermissions, broadcaster ads, on ice ads, and board ads. That's pretty normal, NHL games take 4 hours sometimes, for 60 minutes of stop and go play

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Griping about 18 minutes of media breaks, on top of intermissions, broadcaster ads, on ice ads, and board ads. That's pretty normal, NHL games take 4 hours sometimes, for 60 minutes of stop and go play

Lots of people complain about ads on tv.

Most people don't pair that with the "you must work in advertising" dig.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
hockey-jersey-ads.jpg

I would support these jerseys for the team and even buy one if it allows Melynk and team to spend to the cap.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

bahahahaha NHL games never take 4 hours unless there is lengthy playoff overtime.

You just pull stuff out of your rear end don't you?

But yeah, you are the guy who said the Sens paid too much for Stone and should have gotten rid of him.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
No thanks. If that's what it takes to spend to the cap, might as well fold.

Id rather be able to compete on a equal level with every team than look nice on the ice, but its a personal opinion for me jerseys would be a big but fair cost to be able to compete.

I do get the whole creating an identity and team colour argument but that hasn't been done with this team yet( 25 years divided by two different designs) we really wouldn't be losing much.

Ttracer*

bahahahaha NHL games never take 4 hours unless there is lengthy playoff overtime.

You just pull stuff out of your rear end don't you?

But yeah, you are the guy who said the Sens paid too much for Stone and should have gotten rid of him.
Arrive at 6:30, leave at 10-11, get home at midnight for Easterners. Am I wrong games can take 4 hours? For fans they take closer to 5 hours in Ottawa. Doing this 41 times a year no thanks, I feel bad for season ticket holders in that aspect.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Arrive at 6:30, leave at 10-11, get home at midnight for Easterners. Am I wrong games can take 4 hours? For fans they take closer to 5 hours in Ottawa. Doing this 41 times a year no thanks, I feel bad for season ticket holders in that aspect.

You should try watching basketball and football. Hockeys ad breaks are a godsend in comparison. At least we can pretty much just check out for the intermissions and then just deal with the 3 or 4 ad breaks per period.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Are you seriously including drive time in your argument against television ads in games???

Most Sens games have a 7:35 puck drop, and the final score is up around 10-10:15. Most of the time it's just a hare less than 3 hours, ... and even in a long game, usually 10:30 end time unless OT+shootout is necessary.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
im not gonna lie I would pay for an ad free service of NHL where I can just see whats going on between the benches/locker room between stoppages and intermission instead of seeing some stupid 5th season advertisements.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
DVR's are a wonderful thing, start the game 10 minutes late and come back 5-10 minutes late from each intermission and you see pretty much no ads.

Ttracer*

You should try watching basketball and football. Hockeys ad breaks are a godsend in comparison. At least we can pretty much just check out for the intermissions and then just deal with the 3 or 4 ad breaks per period.

NBA games are the shortest in pro sports, some under 2 hours. Coincidence they get billion dollar TV deals? I think not. Get in, watch the game and get out. The way it should be, they don't have on court ads, jersey ads, and 20 minute intermissions. Football I get the breaks, the players try to kill each other on every play.

Rugby is the idol sport imo, constant action with advertising in your face at all times. All the NHL cares about is money, growing the game and making it fun to watch for the fans means nothing. How else can NHL teams sell 6 dollar dogs and 8 dollar beers? Make as many breaks as possible without completely alienating your fans, that's what the NHL has done and there's no argument here

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Can someone crudely draw three white stripes down the side of the heritage jersey in MS paint so that I can decide whether or not to start saving up for an Adidas jersey in 2017?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
NBA games are the shortest in pro sports, some under 2 hours. Coincidence they get billion dollar TV deals? I think not. Get in, watch the game and get out. The way it should be, they don't have on court ads, jersey ads, and 20 minute intermissions. Football I get the breaks, the players try to kill each other on every play.

Rugby is the idol sport imo, constant action with advertising in your face at all times. All the NHL cares about is money, growing the game and making it fun to watch for the fans means nothing. How else can NHL teams sell 6 dollar dogs and 8 dollar beers? Make as many breaks as possible without completely alienating your fans, that's what the NHL has done and there's no argument here

Basketball has a ton of timeouts & stoppages and the end of games can be absolutely painful, particularly when teams start the intentional fouling. The games are also 12 minutes shorter which helps explain why the total watch time is much lower.

Football... we've got a timeout, time for a break, come back, oh they scored, time for a break, oh lets watch the kickoff and then go ****ing directly to break right after the kickoff even though it's a completely different set of guys coming on to the field and they don't actually need a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad