Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
College Free Agent lists

Sens should be having a close look at these guys to stock the cupboards and create a more competitive team in Belleville .

I'm quite sure they are, they have in the past unless EM has cut that budget too.

lol Koach KK is straight up garbage ass coach. Get rid of this clown and his gym teacher GM. You should be developing young talent and your dumb ass down there talking about grit, in your last placed team? clown ass coaching in all levels. They are all stuck in 2004.

Your post reads like a 12 yr old. Are you aware that coach KK has won a Calder Cup with this organization a few yrs ago? Is it the coach's fault if the players aren't good enough to be a playoff team? Maybe it's the system that GB has forced him to play that doesn't work. Why is it exactly the coach's fault?

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Coming from you that gets a raging hard on everytime he sees someone over 6'0 and 200lbs in the streets. Oh wow he won the Calder cup 5 years ago? Better give him the keys to the city then! Guy Boucher isn't forcing him with his shitty ice time management, preferring to give the top minutes to crappy vets instead of the younger talent that needs those offensive looks to develop properly. In a guy Boucher system, the star skilled players are still producing, it's the goaltending, defense and the depth players that have killed this team this season, in Belleville, everyone from top to bottom sucks and aren't lighting the world by fire, oh except for Gagne, AHL all star but 4th line plug in KKs mind. Oh and your precious KK? He hasn't hit .500 win percentage since winning the championship 5 years ago. He is in his 3rd organization since then. Nice for him to ride that .940SV MVP run from Lehner 5 years ago tho.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Unless I'm forgetting somebody I don't think the Sens have signed a college free agent since Matt O'Connor blew up in their face. That's three years ago now.

Interesting thing about Kleinendorst - he's been an AHL coach for 9 seasons and he's gotten a team to the playoffs exactly once. Not very impressive. I'm not sure how good he is at developing players either. His contract expires at the end of this season and I think it's best that they just go in a different direction this summer.

What the organization does with Belleville this summer will be the first indication we get about how serious they are about the rebuild. They need a new, development minded coach and Randy Lee should probably not be in a decision making role any longer. If it's business as usual down there, well...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm quite sure they are, they have in the past unless EM has cut that budget too.

Your post reads like a 12 yr old. Are you aware that coach KK has won a Calder Cup with this organization a few yrs ago? Is it the coach's fault if the players aren't good enough to be a playoff team? Maybe it's the system that GB has forced him to play that doesn't work. Why is it exactly the coach's fault?
People have been complaining about KK forever. if youre saying Lee is the greater of two evils, I definitely agree though.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I like kk and I like randy lee.
giphy.gif

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I get nurmi and ahl confused sometimes.
Hope they both end up useful. That would be pretty cool

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Coming from you that gets a raging hard on everytime he sees someone over 6'0 and 200lbs in the streets. Oh wow he won the Calder cup 5 years ago? Better give him the keys to the city then! Guy Boucher isn't forcing him with his ****ty ice time management, preferring to give the top minutes to crappy vets instead of the younger talent that needs those offensive looks to develop properly. In a guy Boucher system, the star skilled players are still producing, it's the goaltending, defense and the depth players that have killed this team this season, in Belleville, everyone from top to bottom sucks and aren't lighting the world by fire, oh except for Gagne, AHL all star but 4th line plug in KKs mind. Oh and your precious KK? He hasn't hit .500 win percentage since winning the championship 5 years ago. He is in his 3rd organization since then. Nice for him to ride that .940SV MVP run from Lehner 5 years ago tho.

Are you able to make an intelligent counter point without being condescending or making juvenile comments? Are you aware that the coach has to use the players he gets & doesn't have as much say as to who these players are but tries to develop them as best he can? KK did not sign those vets to Belleville, that was PD & we could argue whether they signed the wrong ones or not but as it has been pointed out before good AHL vets cost more money & this team has a strict budget to follow. If as you say the whole team in Belleville sucks from top to bottom how can you expect the coach to do better? You may not like the ice time handed out but prospects like Chlapik, White & Gagne have done well. So have some vets but as a whole the team sucks.

I'm neither for or against firing KK but understand the job he is doing is developing players & winning is secondary. KK is in charge of the ice time as far as I can gather & he dishes it out as he sees fit based on whether the players deserve it or not by their play. I doubt anyone wants anything handed to them & the organization certainly wants them to fight for their ice time, that IMO is also part of the development program. Placing young players in situations that they are not ready for can do more damage than not & we have seen that before with a player like Curtis Lazar. Luke Richardson didn't do any better in Bingo & now he is an assistant coach with the NYI & some are saying he should be an NHL coach. What would you do differently?

The team clearly isn't very good & I doubt any coach could have made the team better in Belleville or in Ottawa for that matter. You play the players you have until you get better players & the cream always rises to the top & maybe some of these prospects that fans think are so good may not be quite as ready or as good as fans seem to think they are. We have also seen that in players like Pertersson, Locke, Puempel, Prince & Perron seems to be having a tough time. Coaches get paid to make those decisions. Maybe they fire KK at the end of the season & try & bring in someone new who works well & can develop young players but there are no guarantees it will be any better without better players. As you yourself said, you need all the players playing well to win in either the AHL or the NHL & that includes good goaltending, defence as well as scoring, everybody has to play better. Not as easy as fans make it out to be.

Reactions: coladin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks, one more coming, with maybe the best pure free agent (undrafted) in the class... Schuldt.
Shuldt definitely looks interesting... Its too bad Belleville is such a tire fire... and Ottawa has not shown much propensity to play the kids.. The good thing though for prospects considering Ottawa is that they could have a place to shine in comparison to what we have playing on the farm now.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Based on this year and his whl season and age of 20 not sure we can say that yet.
Hopeful for bottom 6 winger.

His 19 year old season in the WHL was pretty disappointing production wise imo. I’ve read a lot of Pats fans were not happy with his performance and were not sad to see him go. This season was also a struggle for him, the move to Allsvenskan helped but I doubt it was enough to earn himself an NHL contract. Next season is his last season to prove himself, we lose his rights July 1 2019.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
His 19 year old season in the WHL was pretty disappointing production wise imo. I’ve read a lot of Pats fans were not happy with his performance and were not sad to see him go. This season was also a struggle for him, the move to Allsvenskan helped but I doubt it was enough to earn himself an NHL contract. Next season is his last season to prove himself, we lose his rights July 1 2019.

I think you may be right. The kid is huge...but not in a good way. From the clips posted here over the years, he skates like an 18-wheeler. That doesn't work well in today's NHL.

If he ever manages to dramatically improve his skating and mobility, then we'd have a pretty good player...but it would have to be one hell of an improvement.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad