Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not difficult to be quiet when nobody said that about White.. At most what was said is that White has potential to be a 2C who play around 20 min because he play in all situation.
oh my goodness if i had the patience to go through old posts and text messages

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Sens have a glaring hole at the 2C slot right now with the trade of Brassard. I'm desperately hoping that Logan Brown can magically be ready to fill that hole but thats likely asking for a lot.

Going into the season with Pageau as our 2C is asking for trouble IMO
Yeah iam kind of iffy on this too,however at least we will see some hustle on the forecheck from both him and Duchene...It may help with the shitty possession play we have seen from our top 6 a little

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Sens have a glaring hole at the 2C slot right now with the trade of Brassard. I'm desperately hoping that Logan Brown can magically be ready to fill that hole but thats likely asking for a lot.

Welcome to the Ottawa Senators ... Home of the hockey think tank brain trust trio of (Melnyk, Dorion and Lee)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
oh my goodness if i had the patience to go through old posts and text messages

Ok From NOW on ... let's project him to be a 3rd line player either at C or wing ... that , if he is very dedicated to his game, works really hard and continues to develop and improve may someday be good enough to play 2nd line, though he could move up as a fill in in a pinch in the time being. What do you say to that ... and we measure him against that from now on?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ok From NOW on ... let's project him to be a 3rd line player either at C or wing ... that , if he is very dedicated to his game, works really hard and continues to develop and improve may someday be good enough to play 2nd line, though he could move up as a fill in in a pinch in the time being. What do you say to that ... and we measure him against that from now on?
We are seeing exactly what a good all around top 9 center can do right now in Wash...Eller was miscast in MTL but as a 3rd line guy he is just thriving,and it has given him some confidence to be able to move up in the line up

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
okay so.. can i say it was a bad pick then.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Well it depends. Are they going to draft a forward with the 4th OA pick? Will Logan Brown be ready? What about Drake Batherson, Alex Formenton, Filip Chlapik, etc?

IF Brown and the 4th OA pick are NOT in the lineup :

Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel : lot of speed and skill, and some chemistry

Ryan-Pageau-Stone : Ryan and Stone showed nice chemistry with Pageau before. That line would be very responsible defensively and could produce nicely for a 2nd line IF Ryan and Stone are healthy (which is a big IF unfortunately)

I think Smith will be traded to have a cheaper Colin White or Filip Chlapik replacing him. Gaborik and Burrows might be LTIR, bought out or traded, etc to save more money. So no idea on how the bottom-6 will look like but if I'm expecting those players to be there :

White
Chlapik
Pyatt
Paul
McCormick (13th forward)

Need to insert 2 guys there or Gaborik, Burrows and/or Smith will be there. Let's see what happens at the draft first. Then free agency in July and then training camp. The roster is far from set.

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
Well it depends. Are they going to draft a forward with the 4th OA pick? Will Logan Brown be ready? What about Drake Batherson, Alex Formenton, Filip Chlapik, etc?

IF Brown and the 4th OA pick are NOT in the lineup :

Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel : lot of speed and skill, and some chemistry

Ryan-Pageau-Stone : Ryan and Stone showed nice chemistry with Pageau before. That line would be very responsible defensively and could produce nicely for a 2nd line IF Ryan and Stone are healthy (which is a big IF unfortunately)

I think Smith will be traded to have a cheaper Colin White or Filip Chlapik replacing him. Gaborik and Burrows might be LTIR, bought out or traded, etc to save more money. So no idea on how the bottom-6 will look like but if I'm expecting those players to be there :

White
Chlapik
Pyatt
Paul
McCormick (13th forward)

Need to insert 2 guys there or Gaborik, Burrows and/or Smith will be there. Let's see what happens at the draft first. Then free agency in July and then training camp. The roster is far from set.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
okay so.. can i say it was a bad pick then.

Bob Lowes our chief scout at the time said he was a top 9 forward that could play on the 2nd line at the time he was drafted. So I don't think that White is so far off that estimate. Every draft there are players that get picked higher that could have gone later and players that got picked later that could have gone higher.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
White playing at 2C would lead to old Fisher highlights from back in the day. Playing Fish in the 2C slot led to people calling out his lack of pure skill because quite frankly, Fish was an elite 3C but didn't have the hands, skill or finish to really be a true 2C.

I expect the same to happen to White if we put him in a 2C role at any point of his career. He just doesn't appear to have the skill level of a true 2C but I imagine he'll be a top end 3C (hopefully).

Fisher was a C who played like a winger.

White sees the game tremendously well. They may have similar production but it won't be because they play the same way.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Which prospects do people see starting the yr in Ottawa next season? Let's say that Chabot & Harpur are more likely going to start the season in Ottawa but who else has the potential to start the yr in the NHL as opposed to the AHL?

White - IMO I think he might have the biggest opportunity since he is a little older & has both AHL & NHL experience & I think he is expected now to make the roster. I think Chlapik is breathing down his neck if he can't cut it.

Paul - is another guy who has been around for a while that I think is ready to assume a bottom six role next season, especially if they plan on moving on from Gaborik & Burrows.

McCormick - I believe Max will be on a one way contract next season which should pretty much guarantee he will start the yr in Ottawa. They know what he can do & the energy he brings & they need that in their lineup although I see him as a 13th forward at least to start the yr.

Wolanin - is an outside possibility in my view, he's already 23 yrs old & could be another guy they think is NHL ready that can bring some mobility to the defence, especially if Wideman is not re-signed.

Brown - also has an outside chance, however, he will have to earn it at the development camp & rookie tournament & training camp to show he deserves it. My guess is he spends some time in Belleville which will allow PD to make some room on the roster for him.

I expect that Gaborik, Burrows, Pyatt, Claesson & Smith may not last the entire yr with the team. I also think that Formenton & Kelly will be returned to junior & whoever they select 4th overall could also be returned to junior or the NCAA.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Which prospects do people see starting the yr in Ottawa next season? Let's say that Chabot & Harpur are more likely going to start the season in Ottawa but who else has the potential to start the yr in the NHL as opposed to the AHL?

White - IMO I think he might have the biggest opportunity since he is a little older & has both AHL & NHL experience & I think he is expected now to make the roster. I think Chlapik is breathing down his neck if he can't cut it.

Paul - is another guy who has been around for a while that I think is ready to assume a bottom six role next season, especially if they plan on moving on from Gaborik & Burrows.

Brown - also has an outside chance, however, he will have to earn it at the development camp & rookie tournament & training camp to show he deserves it. My guess is he spends some time in Belleville which will allow PD to make some room on the roster for him.

I doubt Brown attends any of those... especially not development camp.

Also this is do or die for Paul. If he continues to not improve, he'll be shipped out next season. He has to put up the biggest year of his career.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I doubt Brown attends any of those... especially not development camp.

Also this is do or die for Paul. If he continues to not improve, he'll be shipped out next season. He has to put up the biggest year of his career.
Why would Brown not attend development camp? He's a prospect afterall, they all do unless they are injured.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Why would Brown not attend development camp? He's a prospect afterall, they all do unless they are injured.

Well if you want a recent example, Harpur didn't attend development camp last season (Sieloff too). It's possible Brown is there but I personally don't see the utility.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well if you want a recent example, Harpur didn't attend development camp last season (Sieloff too). It's possible Brown is there but I personally don't see the utility.
i think prospects typically go to 3 dev camps and thats it. Could be wrong though

aligator

Jan 3, 2008

McCormick - I believe Max will be on a one way contract next season which should pretty much guarantee he will start the yr in Ottawa. They know what he can do & the energy he brings & they need that in their lineup although I see him as a 13th forward at least to start the yr.

Wolanin - is an outside possibility in my view, he's already 23 yrs old & could be another guy they think is NHL ready that can bring some mobility to the defence, especially if Wideman is not re-signed.

I expect that Gaborik, Burrows, Pyatt, Claesson & Smith may not last the entire yr with the team. I also think that Formenton & Kelly will be returned to junior & whoever they select 4th overall could also be returned to junior or the NCAA.
White and McCormick for sure. They might try Paul as a 4th liner to see if NHL time gives him more incentive. Wolanin has a chance. You didn't mention Jaros. He won't make it out of camp but will be a regular by seasons end. I think Brown has a 50/50 chance. Chaplik is 50/50 as well imo. I think they draft Bouchard and he plays in the NHL. Dorion did say there would be buyouts between draft and end of June. I believe the plan is to buy out Gaborik then if he is mediaclly cleared. Burrows will be a buyout as well.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Brown will and should go if healthy. Harpur and Sieloff were both 2-3 years older and both had 2+ years of pro experience. Big difference between them and Brown. Dev camp will not be an easy time for Brown, even if he is able to standout and dominate.

We will have a new hotshot prospect in the organization and Brown should be very motivated to prove himself against him, especially if we take a forward.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad