Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Swayzie*

I always get a little annoyed with other Sens fans when I see Noesen listed in the trade proposal forums. Noesen is probably the one prospect I've been the most excited about for quite some time, and I'm excited about a lot of the other guys (Zibanejad, Ceci, etc).

Just the prospect of having a player develop into a 2-way gritty top 6 forward makes him untouchable to me unless we're getting that back in a trade where he's included. I really hope he's the one prospect we have that actually realizes his potential. It'd make us a contender right away adding that element with the addition of a finisher in the top six as well to our current roster.

Question, was Foligno considered untouchable to you?

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Question, was Foligno considered untouchable to you?

No.

Foligno left here as a 3rd liner, so if Noesen tops out as a 3rd liner as well then you can make that comparison, but right now it's not a good one because Noesen hasn't had a chance to show what he has as a possible top six. That potential is worth holding on to until it gets a chance like Foligno did.

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Fugly sure is looking like more than a 3rd liner right now.
Still like the trade though. I think it was win-win for CBJ and OTT

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Did Noeson have any role in tying up the game that was 4-1 at the end of the 2nd? Cause that's a pretty amazing feat on it's own.

Hattrick Swayzie*

But he was screening the goalie for the tying goal. I was not very impressed with his skating or stick handling im my limited viewing of him, but he seems to have no problem heading straight for the net and parking himself in front of the crease.

Foligno 2.0

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
Careful about one game or one series player evaluations. A lot of the whalers are hurt. Noesen gutted it out and played that series on one leg.

Hattrick Swayzie*

Careful about one game or one series player evaluations. A lot of the whalers are hurt. Noesen gutted it out and played that series on one leg.

Noesen isn't hurt. Saying he's Foligno is a positive thing.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Noesen has greater vision and IQ than Foligno ever had. Noesen also has a shot, something Foligno didn't know the definition of.

which is why i agree he might be a 2.0 as in better but similar style, body type, etc.
we'll see what type of ceiling he might have once he gets here next year.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I like Noesen better as a prospect than I did Foligno. Noesen has better hockey sense and playmaking ability, to go along with a solid frame and motor. Foligno has the tools to be an impact player, but has not shown the ability to do so yet. Noesen looks to me to have an even better set of tools as well as smarts and dedication.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If Noesen turned into Foligno I would be disappointed.

Foligno was a one-dimensional 3rd line player that could not hold a top 6 spot on a team with arguably the worst depth on the wing in the league.

I expect more from Noesen.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Noesen turned into Foligno I would be disappointed.

Foligno was a one-dimensional 3rd line player that could not hold a top 6 spot on a team with arguably the worst depth on the wing in the league.

I expect more from Noesen.

Foligno seems to have done exactly that in Columbus.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Foligno has zero hockey sense and could not be counted upon on the pk. Noesen can play pk and has better hockey sense....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Foligno seems to have done exactly that in Columbus.

Has he been a top 6 guy in Clb? I haven't watched anything but highlights. As far as production goes, he's dropped back down to his career norm of 35pts pace.

I like Columbus's depth though, and he's a big part of that. Knew he'd be a fan favourite there as they haven't had enough time to develop unrealistic expectations yet.

StikTBo

Apr 1, 2010
He has 19 pts & tied for 6th in scoring in Columbus, he would be tied for 6th in Ottawa too.

He'd be tied for 6th in scoring for an injured crippled team that finished bottom 5 in goal for? He's definitely what we needed all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad