Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Sens prospect Troy Rutkowski's team the Portland Winterhaws just won the WHL championship. Rutkowski finished the playoffs with the following stats:

21GP 4G 10A 14P +9 14PIM 3PPG

:handclap:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
whats the deal with petersson, i know he went down with a injury this year, but does anyone still see him as an nhl'er?

Marble

Feb 11, 2007
Ottawa
I'd say he's been marginalized based on the success of other prospects.

Of course, people could say I'm biased because he hasn't played much so I'm just caught up in a "what have you done for me lately?" attitude.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
¿¿¿Andre Petersson???

whats the deal with petersson, i know he went down with a injury this year, but does anyone still see him as an nhl'er?

Senz:

Andre Petersson had the same injury that Jared Cowen had this season and had to have surgery...............

Not 1 word was mentioned about Andre Petersson that I recall after his surgery.........

He has a year left on his ELC lets just forget this season for him and give him another year. It is up to him to come to camp ready to play in great shape, he needs another year down here to learn and develop. Then see what happens and how much he has improved.

2 seasons ago he showed me that he was tougher than I thought he would ever be, as man he got creamed many times & he just kept getting up.

Also he could just stay home in Sweden next season, so
Andre Petersson is a great big question mark???????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
Troy Rutkowski can certainly shoot the puck, that's for sure. Good size, needs to work on his skating. A worthwhile project for Randy Lee, Luke Richardson, Jason Smith et al.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
It appears the Sens have chosen not to sign 2011 7th round draft pick D Jordan Fransoo from Victoria (WHL)...he will re-enter the draft. No big surprise.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
How likely is it that Dzingel makes the AHL in his first year of eligibility (and what year will he be eligible/out of college)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How likely is it that Dzingel makes the AHL in his first year of eligibility (and what year will he be eligible/out of college)

NCAA has a 5-year rule, and Dzingel has completed 2 full years. He can play for another 3 years, or however long until he wants to turn pro.

I think it is highly, highly likely he makes Bingo as soon as he wants to turn pro. He was drafted as a 19 year old, so even if he leaves after his third year in Ohio, he will be 22 years old, will have pro size (6-0, 196 now, likely add some muscle in his NCAA training) and has had a very, very successful NCAA career thus far.

SimonLajeunesse

Aug 28, 2008
Queens, NY
NCAA has a 5-year rule, and Dzingel has completed 2 full years. He can play for another 3 years, or however long until he wants to turn pro.

I think it is highly, highly likely he makes Bingo as soon as he wants to turn pro. He was drafted as a 19 year old, so even if he leaves after his third year in Ohio, he will be 22 years old, will have pro size (6-0, 196 now, likely add some muscle in his NCAA training) and has had a very, very successful NCAA career thus far.

The NCAA has a very VERY strict policy of 4 years of eligibility for all sports. The only way to get a 5th year of actual playing time is to apply for a hardship waiver, such as if a player gets injured halfway through a season, has played in enough games not to qualify for a medical redshirt, and then applies to retain another full season of eligibility. Even if that were to happen, the player would have to show the NCAA a reason why they have a hardship and need the extra year of playing time. This is extremely rare.

That being said, Dzingel has 2 years of NCAA eligibility left.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Do you guys watch Dzingel play or something? How can you judge his season as a success or failure. From what I've read he has a lot of work to do if he's ever going to make it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Do you guys watch Dzingel play or something? How can you judge his season as a success or failure. From what I've read he has a lot of work to do if he's ever going to make it.

He has led the Buckeyes in scoring each season he has played there, came third in the whole CCHA in scoring, and was an honorable mention All-CCHA.

Plays both PP and PK, led the CCHA in PP points.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Probably wont hear too much about Boyle for a bit. He's considered a long term prospect, probably a guy who will need all his NCAA years.

I hope he grows six inches while in college & comes out the same size as his brother, that would be interesting ... that is, if he also has some nastiness & skill to go with the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad