Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Get off your Brown and White hype trains. There is a new guy in town.

48663315.jpg

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You watching him play in a summer camp means nothing to me. Skating is not a concern if you have great iq.

You not watching him at all and providing input means nothing in general. Sure having great IQ can offset average skating. Ahl is not an average skater right now. So I'll repeat what I wrote before, unless he works on his skating and it improves, he will spend a couple of years in the AHL and go back home.

BTW, are you saying Ahl has great IQ?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Seen Ahl play in Sweden since he was 15. I've seen far worse skaters make it to the NHL, consistency has always been the big issue here.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
You not watching him at all and providing input means nothing in general. Sure having great IQ can offset average skating. Ahl is not an average skater right now. So I'll repeat what I wrote before, unless he works on his skating and it improves, he will spend a couple of years in the AHL and go back home.

BTW, are you saying Ahl has great IQ?

I live in Regina and have seen quite a few Pats games this season. I agree, he is as slow as molasses out there and will really need to improve his skating to play at higher levels. That being said, he is dominant in front of the net and that is the type of player we really could use up in Ottawa. Beast on the boards and in front of the net, kind of reminds me of a slower version of a young Lucic (minus the cheap shots and dirty play).

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Go away

My comment above was supposed to say I don't consider prospect games in a summer camp to be indicative of anything

Why not? Also, I didn't base my comment on just the prospect camp. Not sure what your problem is.

I live in Regina and have seen quite a few Pats games this season. I agree, he is as slow as molasses out there and will really need to improve his skating to play at higher levels. That being said, he is dominant in front of the net and that is the type of player we really could use up in Ottawa. Beast on the boards and in front of the net, kind of reminds me of a slower version of a young Lucic (minus the cheap shots and dirty play).

Yeah, thanks. That's the impression I got as well. In today's NHL you have to be at least an average skater to have impact. If he can work on his skating, just like Stone did, he might make it. But my statement still stands. He has no chance of making the big show with his current skating levels. In the AHL he could play today.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You watching him play in a summer camp means nothing to me. Skating is not a concern if you have great iq.

meh, at best you can have a Bobby Ryan career-type...

Seen Ahl play in Sweden since he was 15. I've seen far worse skaters make it to the NHL, consistency has always been the big issue here.

Who should we believe? God Says No or a swedish poster who follow swedish players? I think I'll settle in the middle after Ahl.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Karlsson #1 OV talent, drafted mid first round
Ceci 1st round talent, drafted mid first round
Hoffman 1st round talent, drafted round 5
Stone 1st round talent, drafted round 6
Pageau 2nd round talent, drafted round 4
Smith 2nd round talent, drafted round 3
Dzingel 2nd round talent, drafted round 7
Wideman 2nd round talent, drafted round 4
Lazar remains to be seen
Brown remains to be seen
White remains to be seen
Chabot remains to be seen.

That's a nice set of drafted players, with the potential to be great depending on the last 4 guys and a breakout in other guys like Perron, Dahlen, Chlapik, Ahl, Gagne, Englund, Jaros, Lajoie, etc.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Why isn't Brown playing in the Ohl vs Russia series?

Oh and T Raddysh is putting up monster numbers as a 2nd rounder last year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Has there been any further info of what is happening with Brown's father? Reading a bit of the 67s thread, he did miss some games and leave early during some games for some sort of medical issue.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Ahl 7th in points, 2nd in goals. Hopefully he lives in Ottawa this summer and skates with Mark Power every second hes available.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Ahl probably won't amount to much since one should be weary of someone with skating issues who is dominating juniors based on his size...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ahl probably won't amount to much since one should be weary of someone with skating issues who is dominating juniors based on his size...

He evidently can score. He will make his way to the minors AHL/ECHL and work his way from there. If he keeps scoring he will get a look for sure. I hope he has opportunity and coaching to work on his skating.

Last edited:

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
He evidently can score. He will make his way to the minors AHL/ECHL and work his way from there. If he keeps scoring he will get a look for sure. I hope he has opportunity and coaching to work on his skating.

He's every bit of that 6'3" 210, looks huge out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad