Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Some excellent news on the prospect front tonight:

Chlapik extends point streak to 21 games with 2 assists tonight.

Now had 37 points in 21 games and leads league in that department.

Chabot with goal and assist tonight, 10 points in 5 games and first star honours.

Dahlen records point in his last game. Now has 15 in 20 games. He has been a bit cold going 1 point in last 5 games.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
is nick paul busting? what is up with him? was kind of expecting him to be in ottawa's bottom 6 this year. now he's struggling in the ahl?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They've turned a corner (well hopefully lol)! outscored their opponents 12-5 in last 2 games!

Some help on the way too, Claesson sent down, and if Puempel clears, him too. Both guys are very good AHL players imo.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Kinda looked like Stone. Made some nice steals and showed some nice hands and drive to the net.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I actually thought he looked good.

agree. he looked good. pretty solid in all areas. just lacked the net drive and offense, but he's young so didn't think much of it.
Not saying he IS a bust but doesn't look like he's trending in the right direction since then.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Dorion says he expects white to be here at the end of his college year.
Says best line he saw in bingo was paul-lazar-robinson.
Says bailey has been very good, varone did some good and bad, and all can play some games in ottawa if needed.
Perron is coming along good but not likely this year.
Says he expected puempel to be claimed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dorion says he expects white to be here at the end of his college year.
Says best line he saw in bingo was paul-lazar-robinson.
Says bailey has been very good, varone did some good and bad, and all can play some games in ottawa if needed.
Perron is coming along good but not likely this year.
Says he expected puempel to be claimed.

Any rationale as to why we waived him instead of keeping him around as an extra body? No interest in him on the trade front but expected him to get claimed; that's too bad really.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Any rationale as to why we waived him instead of keeping him around as an extra body? No interest in him on the trade front but expected him to get claimed; that's too bad really.

When you think about it, Rangers are on of the last 5 team who could choose.

A lot of team pass on Puempel. They probably are only taking him for an extra body and if they need.. Goodbye puempel.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Things that make you go hummm?

Rangers trade Brassard for Zibanejad & then pick Puempel off of waivers. Both guys were drafted in 2011 by the Sens 6th & 26th overall in the first rd. The other guy the Sens drafted that yr in the first rd 21st overall was Stephan Noesen who was traded for Bobby Ryan in a multi-player deal a few yrs ago. All three players that the Sens drafted that yr in the first rd have been traded or in Puempel's case waived. That must say something about Ottawa's scouting staff considering how high they were on these three players that none of them are still with the team just 5 yrs after they were drafted. Prince was also drafted by the Sens that yr in the second rd so the top 4 picks that yr are all gone. That's a head shaker. :shakehead

On another note in that same yr, Pageau who was drafted in the 4th rd is still here, Claesson who was drafted in the 5th rd & McCormick drafted in the 6th rd are both knocking on the door & Dzingel who was drafted in the 7th rd has made the team this yr. I guess we should be excited for the late rd picks by this team & not so much by the early rd picks. So I'm much more excited about Burgess, Lajoie & especially 7th rd pick Nurmi from the 2016 draft than I am about Brown (1st rd) or Dahlen (2nd rd). :laugh:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Rangers trade Brassard for Zibanejad & then pick Puempel off of waivers. Both guys were drafted in 2011 by the Sens 6th & 26th overall in the first rd. The other guy the Sens drafted that yr in the first rd 21st overall was Stephan Noesen who was traded for Bobby Ryan in a multi-player deal a few yrs ago. All three players that the Sens drafted that yr in the first rd have been traded or in Puempel's case waived. That must say something about Ottawa's scouting staff considering how high they were on these three players that none of them are still with the team just 5 yrs after they were drafted. Prince was also drafted by the Sens that yr in the second rd so the top 4 picks that yr are all gone. That's a head shaker. :shakehead

On another note in that same yr, Pageau who was drafted in the 4th rd is still here, Claesson who was drafted in the 5th rd & McCormick drafted in the 6th rd are both knocking on the door & Dzingel who was drafted in the 7th rd has made the team this yr. I guess we should be excited for the late rd picks by this team & not so much by the early rd picks. So I'm much more excited about Burgess, Lajoie & especially 7th rd pick Nurmi from the 2016 draft than I am about Brown (1st rd) or Dahlen (2nd rd). :laugh:
The shotgun approach on rounds 3-7 is a legit strategy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Yes your post made me go hummmmmmm....

You guys really overthink it way too much.

Zibanejad was used as an asset to get a 1B Center that has been superior in the last few years.

Noesen was used as an asset to get a 1st Line Winger

Puempel did not work out in Ottawa like most late 1st rounds picks

Prince did not work out in Ottawa and they traded him for a 3rd before he had no more value (like Puempel)

That draft was not all that great outside of the top-10 and few other picks in retrospect but the Sens selected many NHL players so they did their part. I think it's just a hasard that it is like that. I don't think they were "ok, let's trade all the picks from 2011!"

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I'm wondering. Is Brown a lock for Team U.S at the WJC? I saw, i think it was from the poster usascout, that Brown was not a lock at all.

I'm wondering because a lot of people are fast to say that Brown is a better prospect than White. But last year, White made the team and it was no surprise. Not the same team, but it bring the question to me. Is Brown potential that higher than White? Who to be frank i think has the tool to be a #1 Two-way center.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm wondering. Is Brown a lock for Team U.S at the WJC? I saw, i think it was from the poster usascout, that Brown was not a lock at all.

I'm wondering because a lot of people are fast to say that Brown is a better prospect than White. But last year, White made the team and it was no surprise. Not the same team, but it bring the question to me. Is Brown potential that higher than White? Who to be frank i think has the tool to be a #1 Two-way center.

Yes, unquestionably. Not even an afterthought.

Remains to be seen how far up of his potential he reaches.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Yes, unquestionably. Not even an afterthought.

Remains to be seen how far up of his potential he reaches.

I think i should ask again but more clearly. Let's say White draft +1 vs Brown draft +1. Who was it that point the better player? And i understand that Brown is currently in that year.

Because while Brown potential is higher, he doesn't look like the better player, if we look what White has done. But potential is what it is potential ! So Brown could become better if he is able to unlock that potential.

That's maybe why some say that White floor is higher, while Brown ceiling is higher.

I'm also asking because we see White's name a lot when it come to trade and i really think it would be a mistake. Maybe because i'm really high on him :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad